GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Locals

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,123
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zsamulpitt5293
» Online Users: 939
2 members and 937 guests
LaneSig

Old 10-09-2002, 12:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Random

I just found out that my sorority voted on Sunday to drop out of our local Panhellenic Council on campus.

It's kind of sad because from now on the girls going through formal recruitment with the NPC sororities won't get a chance to meet us and the girls going through recruitment with us won't get a chance to meet the NPC sororities. Oh well, I guess life goes on.
Old 10-09-2002, 01:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
Don't fret AOX...

My group doesn't go thru formal recruitment at all and we still get plenty of girls. The benefits of not doing the formal recruitment thing at our school is that we can advertise as our OWN group, instead of having to advertise as going greek in general. I think the only thing you would have to worry about is upping your PR during recruitment so girls going into formal recruitment know that you are a separate rush event and vice versa. From your past posts, it sounds like you have the support of the national sororities on campus that they would also help explain to PNMs that you are not a part of formal recruitment.

And if your formal recruitment is anything like it is here, it is a lot less stressful and more easy going.
Old 10-09-2002, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, I'm not worried about getting enough girls. We do fine on our own and have very successful rushes without formal recruitment. I just don't like the fact the potential new members don't get to meet everyone before making a decision.

My organization always does the majority of the PR during recruitment so we have no worries there. The NPC sororities on our campus are very upset at our decision to leave our Panhellenic Council but we are sick of doing all the work. I seriously doubt that the NPC sororities will mention us during formal recruitment because they will be able to take more girls due to higher quota.

I wish everyone good luck and I hope everything works out for all organizations.