GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,331
2 members and 2,329 guests
PrettyBoy

Old 06-20-2017, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Possible new sorority coming to Ole Miss

So I thought it was interesting that I heard some news off the cuff- not public yet that a new sorority is coming to Ole Miss- I think it's one of the omega's but not 100% yet. My daughter's friend was telling her about it. I think it would be good as the enrollment at Ole Miss has steadily climbed in the last few years and those going thru recruitment has also markedly increased as well. I also found out that variable quota is in effect this year as well. So it appears this will be staying for a little while yet. My daughter is sad that she is missing recruitment this year as she is studying abroad but so looking forward to meeting her newest sisters in January.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-20-2017, 01:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef831 View Post
So I thought it was interesting that I heard some news off the cuff- not public yet that a new sorority is coming to Ole Miss- I think it's one of the omega's but not 100% yet. My daughter's friend was telling her about it. I think it would be good as the enrollment at Ole Miss has steadily climbed in the last few years and those going thru recruitment has also markedly increased as well. I also found out that variable quota is in effect this year as well. So it appears this will be staying for a little while yet. My daughter is sad that she is missing recruitment this year as she is studying abroad but so looking forward to meeting her newest sisters in January.
One of the Omegas?

@~/~~~~
Old 06-20-2017, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
One of the Omegas?
Please do forgive me...I am not greek. I think the only other one I know of is Alpha Chi Omega- as the already have Chi Omega there. I don't believe they have done a presentation and usually don't they do one prior to any type of colonization?? It is all word of mouth so I am not 100% sure of the authenticity of all this but there has been talk enough so, that it has filtered down to some of the other sororities. I wonder if there is a way to confirm this??
Old 06-20-2017, 02:48 PM
GreekChat Member

There is a process for NPC extension on any campus. First, there is a vote whether or not to start the extension process, then a time table is set for any interested groups to apply. A second vote is taken by the college Panhellenic on which groups to choose to have present their extension package/plan. Then there is a final vote on which group is chosen to colonize on a campus as well as a date for that process to occur.

In my experience, it usually takes 6+ months at a minimum for this to occur.

And to my knowledge, Ole Miss has not opened for extension again. (and LaneSig's thread does not note this either).
Old 06-20-2017, 02:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stef831 View Post
Please do forgive me...I am not greek. I think the only other one I know of is Alpha Chi Omega- as the already have Chi Omega there. I don't believe they have done a presentation and usually don't they do one prior to any type of colonization?? It is all word of mouth so I am not 100% sure of the authenticity of all this but there has been talk enough so, that it has filtered down to some of the other sororities. I wonder if there is a way to confirm this??
How about calling Ole Miss Greek Life and asking them?
Old 06-20-2017, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
How about calling Ole Miss Greek Life and asking them?
Yes, that's the best way to find out. I agree with what everyone has said