GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 2,371
1 members and 2,370 guests
Xidelt

Old 01-19-2003, 02:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
NPC Badge Day on March 3

Hi ladies -- had anyone heard of this? I hadn't (and I'm pretty sure we didn't do it last year, although if it was because NPC didn't have it or we didn't hear about it I couldn't say.)

It's funny it's March 3 -- March 4 I'd be wearing my badge anyway for FM Founders' Day.

News & Events : : Badge Day

The twenty-six member organizations of the National Panhellenic Conference (NPC) are celebrating International Badge Day, an annual event during which sorority women everywhere honor their Greek affiliations by wearing their badge or letters. The theme this year is, "Build New Traditions for the Future." International Badge Day is celebrated on March 3, 2003.

The year 2002 marked a milestone for the National Panhellenic Conference as the organization celebrated the one hundredth anniversary of its founding in 1902.

In 2003, NPC looks forward to building a strong future for the next one hundred years.

The NPC believes that fraternity is a social experience based on the fundamental right of a free people to form voluntary associations. It is one of the enrichments of college life.

http://www.npcwomen.org/newsevents/n_badgeday.php

Last edited by HotDamnImAPhiMu; 01-19-2003 at 02:21 PM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-19-2003, 02:32 PM
GreekChat Member

They do this every year.

I've never been able to participate, because our spring break is always that week.

Just wish they had it at a different time a year, or even like 1 day a month
Old 01-19-2003, 03:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey our Spring Break is that week too! We have decided to wear ours the monday before. We are inviting all the IFC and locals on campus to join us Yea Greek unity...we'll see if they join us.
Our break is so darn early! Grrrrrr
Ok Tau Love
Lil E
Old 01-19-2003, 04:06 PM

If you are someplace where you can't wear pin attire, just wear your lavalier, letters or colors - it's all in the spirit of the thing.
Old 01-19-2003, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl
If you are someplace where you can't wear pin attire, just wear your lavalier, letters or colors - it's all in the spirit of the thing.
Exactly! Once you're an alumna, you get out of the habit of wearing your pin. It's nice to bring it out of hiding, especially if you're going to be nowhere near any greek functions. It's a way to open the doors to questions.

honeychile
Old 01-19-2003, 05:25 PM
Super Moderator

Actually, now that I think about it, our Panhellenic supported Pin Day quite actively. We would take it a step further, and all the sororities on campus would wear their pins AND colored ribbons!

Somehow, I don't see that happening now, though. (psst - this is your chance to prove me wrong! )

honeychile
Old 01-19-2003, 09:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to astroAPhi
Booo... it's during Spring Break again this year. Last year we just did it after we came back from Spring Break.

TKE Omicron Nu Chapter Sweetheart 2003
Old 01-19-2003, 09:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
We need, like, GreekChat Day.
Old 01-19-2003, 09:17 PM
Unregistered-

I know our local Panhellenic Alumnae get together every year to commemorate NPC Badge Day.

Last year, a sister who relocated to San Diego told us about her Badge Day experience. She found out through the grapevine that there were at least 10 women in her firm who belonged to NPC organizations. Plans were made to go out to lunch on that day, and from what I heard, they had a great time!
Old 01-20-2003, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Badge Day and Panhellenic

Reading this post gave me a really good idea! I'm president of our school's Panhel, and we're always wondering about things to do after Recruitment, because the year's essentially over for us at that point. Badge Day would be a great idea for both chapters to do that wouldn't take time out of anyone's schedule. I think it would be nice, on a campus like mine where wearing Dansko clogs is considered "dressing up", if there were 100 well-dressed women walking around (who aren't faculty!). Does any other College Panhel do this?

Wow...March 3 for Spring Break? That's so early!
Old 01-20-2003, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: "...maybe tomorrow I'm gonna settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on."
Send a message via AIM to Lady Pi Phi
Re: Badge Day and Panhellenic

I think national badge day is a great idea and everyone one should participate if at all possible. It shouldn't matter whether it's spring brak or not. Wear it anyway (of course make sure it's appropriate). If you're on holiday, go to a nice restaurant where you can wear pin attire. Alum, wear yours to work. I unfortunatly can't be with my sisters right now, but I'll be wearing mine on March 3.

P.S
Quote:
Originally posted by Munchkin03
Wow...March 3 for Spring Break? That's so early!
March 3rd early? Our reading week.spring break is the third week in february.
Old 01-21-2003, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Location: Where stately oaks and broad magnolias shade inspiring halls
That’s what I will be doing! March 3 is Lundi Gras and my Krewe parades on that night. I am also very excited because at our general meeting last night, our captain announced that Steve Tyler and Joe Perry of Aerosmith are going to be our monarchs!!! Debbie Allen and Jay Thomas will also be riding. This is Orpheus’ 10th anniversary and it is going to be really special. OK, maybe this should have gone into Chit Chat but this is the first time I have been able to get to my computer.

Quote:
Originally posted by 33girl