GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,355
1 members and 2,354 guests
John

Old 11-19-2013, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Confused about the whole sorority process?

I transferred to a 4 year school as a junior. This semester is almost over and I kind of messed up the whole sorority this this semester. Sororities would have tables outside the campus center and you'd talk to them. Then you put your name and number on the list that you're interested. I was only interested in one sorority, which I later learned was wrong. After the whole "rush thing" and parties, then my school decided to have a thing where you meet the 5 pan Hellenic sororities. I actually didn't want to join the one I did anymore and liked 2 of them from the meeting thing. I gave them both my number and they didn't contact me. I'm confused. I met them and it seemed to go well. Then after the meeting day, which was sunday, bid day was sat and thurs was the last party day. So I didn't get a bid obviously. How do I go about the process for the spring?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 11-19-2013, 07:42 PM
Super Moderator

You need to ask the Greek Life office at your school how to go about the process for spring.

Other than that, to maximize your chances, you need to be open to all the sororities. i.e., put your name on all the sororities lists, if that is what one does for spring recruitment.