GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,217
2 members and 1,215 guests
JayhawkAOII, Sen's Revenge

Old 03-10-2013, 05:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
I've never seen a no-rec, but I did see one that was completely honest. It basically said that the girl was shy at first but once she warmed up she was great. It was refreshing to see one that was honest rather than "she is the best thing since sliced bread!".

I think that is a good example of useful input from an alum who knows the PNM well -- it might help a great candidate who leans to the quiet side avoid being overlooked.
Old 03-10-2013, 06:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForeverRoses View Post
I've never seen a no-rec, but I did see one that was completely honest. It basically said that the girl was shy at first but once she warmed up she was great. It was refreshing to see one that was honest rather than "she is the best thing since sliced bread!".
That's a great rec and would be very helpful for a introverted girl who deserves to find sisterhood.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 03-10-2013, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

What about a girl who you know is kind of a drama queen, always stirring things up among her close friends?
Old 03-10-2013, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

I don't know, Dee. I figure those kinds of women can benefit from membership. drama queens are in every chapter, but some of these women are turned around by college.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 03-10-2013, 07:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
What about a girl who you know is kind of a drama queen, always stirring things up among her close friends?
I would prefer not to have the drama queens myself. They usually escalate in some way in my experience
Old 03-10-2013, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AOII Angel View Post
That's a great rec and would be very helpful for a introverted girl who deserves to find sisterhood.
And exactly the kind of information that should be in a rec.
Old 03-10-2013, 07:50 PM
GreekChat Member

We had a girl that went through last year at a highly competitive SEC school. while searching her facebook, twitter and other social media we came upon a youtube video that was not totally complimentary. In fact it was down right crude! It was forwarded onto many of the chapter of this campus and this PNM was cut prior to skit day. Amazing enough she received a bid. After first semester she transferred due to grades and the inability to pay (also a concern via the "network"). You can run but you can't hide .
Old 03-11-2013, 02:47 PM

Don't know what it's like now but back when I was at Pitt I don't think we would have known what to do with a rec if we'd ever received one from a rushee. Our National wants one rec on each girl, so just got them from local alumnae prior to initiation without the pledges ever knowing about it.
Old 03-11-2013, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

That's totally opposite of the way recs are intended.

Not saying it's not still done.

Old 03-11-2013, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnchorAlumna View Post
That's totally opposite of the way recs are intended.

Not saying it's not still done.
You mean what I wrote? If so, I agree completely. It was, to me, more checking a box than anything else.
Old 03-12-2013, 02:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillarneyRose View Post
Don't know what it's like now but back when I was at Pitt I don't think we would have known what to do with a rec if we'd ever received one from a rushee. Our National wants one rec on each girl, so just got them from local alumnae prior to initiation without the pledges ever knowing about it.
Yeah, but you guys probably had "Pittsburgh recs." "She went to VALLEY? OMG. No. Just no." LOL
Old 03-12-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Yeah, but you guys probably had "Pittsburgh recs." "She went to VALLEY? OMG. No. Just no." LOL
LOL, you're probably on to something there. If so, when I went through they'd all have been "Oooh, she went to Fox Chapel...GET HER!!!" not knowing that I actually didn't have two nickels to rub together!