GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,427
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, FlorCundif
» Online Users: 2,465
0 members and 2,465 guests
No Members online

Old 03-26-2013, 01:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I considered posting some of the messages I've gotten on OKC lately. They are trippy.

Here's one:
Hey there. I was browsing through profiles (something I rarely do nowadays) and couldn't pass yours up without shooting you a message and at least trying to initiate a conversation with you.

Not only are you beautiful (you are) but you seem interesting. And you could be the most beautiful woman on the planet but if you have no personality it does no good. I get the feeling you have plenty of personality (or you are great at making online profiles lol) to match your looks.

So if you check out my profile and have some further interest in talking let me know. I would love to chat some time :-)

So I look at the guy's profile- he's 25.

Then there's this other one who has written me three messages although I haven't responded to any. I'll post them in order:

1) Hi how r u looking for a gentleman here I am would like to meet u and u can c I am a man with my word honest trust worthy and loyal tku bob
-Dude needs to learn how to type and use punctuation. I don't even know what that says.
2)Hi do u have any good wine hope ur having a good day
3)Hi good morning how r u any luck on this site not me don't know why still sending messages looking for someone to have fun with and go out to get to know
LOL I was just fuckn with you. But for real, your stories were funny as hell, then it gives me the opportunity to mess you about them too LOL.

CTFU @ dude using "text talk". He might just be used to texting. HC you don't like the 25-year old dude? He seemed like he might be cool.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-26-2013, 01:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthMode View Post
Meh. I just talked with my line sister about the possibility of starting to date again. I don't know if I'm ready but if I end up with any stories, I'm sure GC will be the first to know.
I thought you were kickin it with dude?
Old 03-26-2013, 02:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Lol obviously. Your posts are entertaining. You make a lot of sense, but at the same time, you make me laugh too.
Well, if my D&R posts can provide valuable information to you, and also put a smile on your face, then that's a double win. Right?
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 03-26-2013, 05:52 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Someone else will step up
That will probably be me after this weekend. I've been going back and forth online with someone I met on another dating site I'm a member of. I'll post about it (good or bad). So far, we seem to enjoy the same things, and she's attractive according to the picture I saw. We'll see.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Well, if my D&R posts can provide valuable information to you, and also put a smile on your face, then that's a double win. Right?
True that.
Old 03-26-2013, 05:54 PM
GreekChat Member

It would still be nice to find a date that isn't based solely on "social class". That whole thing just seems new to me. I think men seem to have to deal with it from a negative standpoint moreso than women do.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizeree I2K View Post
LOL I was just fuckn with you. But for real, your stories were funny as hell, then it gives me the opportunity to mess you about them too LOL.

CTFU @ dude using "text talk". He might just be used to texting. HC you don't like the 25-year old dude? He seemed like he might be cool.
I'm not a cougar. No. My profile even says if I'm old enough to be your mother, move on. I am definitely old enough to be his mother.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I thought you were kickin it with dude?
What dude?

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Old 03-26-2013, 06:28 PM
Banned

Quote:
It would still be nice to find a date that isn't based solely on "social class". That whole thing just seems new to me. I think men seem to have to deal with it from a negative standpoint moreso than women do.
Look at it like this. You said you don't like big girls, right? A female who is tight financially is going to want a dude who's tight financially. It would be like a female who's big enough to put a run in a pair of blue jeans, and at the same time, turning around saying she wants a muscle-bound dude who works out every day. You feel me?

Quote:
I'm not a cougar. No. My profile even says if I'm old enough to be your mother, move on. I am definitely old enough to be his mother.
But I've seen some fine older females though. Dude might like MILFs. Look at it like this, young dudes can go longer than older dudes. I would look at that as a benefit. You feel me?

Quote:
What dude?
I thought you and the dude you met at the auto shop were kickin it. You said dude was giving you 3am booty calls, but from what you posted, it looked like dude wasn't even trying to be like that. I thought were trying to feel him out to see what he was about.
Old 03-26-2013, 08:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Do you mean "social class" or "financial status?"
Old 03-26-2013, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It would be like a female who's big enough to put a run in a pair of blue jeans, and at the same time, turning around saying she wants a muscle-bound dude who works out every day. You feel me?
lol
Yep. I totally agree. But, this works both ways. It would be like a man who is "big enough to put a run in a pair of jeans", and then saying that he wants a woman who is physically fit, and takes care of herself. I'd be like "Really dude?"

I think this kind of thing should work long-term, really. I mean, for me, I think it's important to do the work not only for me to look good and feel good about myself, but so I'm also desirable to my mate. What it took to attract the man should be maintained to keep the relationship intact.

Initially, we attract people who feed off of what we think of ourselves. So being your best means doing the work to keep yourself up physically. I mean, some people just let themselves go after the fact. It's kind of like false advertising. He bought one package and now has an entirely different one. And this too, works both ways.

This is why I think it's important to continue "dating" the person you have committed yourself to. I just think for the people who are preparing for marriage, commit now to keep the courtship alive after marriage to avoid having issues in this area later.

I agree with you about the financial part of your post, too.
Old 03-27-2013, 03:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I thought you and the dude you met at the auto shop were kickin it. You said dude was giving you 3am booty calls, but from what you posted, it looked like dude wasn't even trying to be like that. I thought were trying to feel him out to see what he was about.
I did try to feel him out to see what he was about. He continually texted me at 3am for booty calls. I told him he wasn't getting any and he stopped texting. Ta-da--I know what he's about. No kicking it required.

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Old 03-27-2013, 12:41 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
I think this kind of thing should work long-term, really. I mean, for me, I think it's important to do the work not only for me to look good and feel good about myself, but so I'm also desirable to my mate. What it took to attract the man should be maintained to keep the relationship intact.

Initially, we attract people who feed off of what we think of ourselves. So being your best means doing the work to keep yourself up physically. I mean, some people just let themselves go after the fact. It's kind of like false advertising. He bought one package and now has an entirely different one. And this too, works both ways.

This is why I think it's important to continue "dating" the person you have committed yourself to. I just think for the people who are preparing for marriage, commit now to keep the courtship alive after marriage to avoid having issues in this area later.
LOL thank you. I feel you on all this, for real. It does work both ways, but I just said "females" because dude was talking about his dates.

Quote:
I did try to feel him out to see what he was about. He continually texted me at 3am for booty calls. I told him he wasn't getting any and he stopped texting. Ta-da--I know what he's about. No kicking it required.
CTFU! At least you gave dude a chance though. I remember when I used to give booty calls to females I was trying to kick it to. I was more persistent than dude was though. When they would tell me "no ass", I would act like I was cool with it (although I wasn't), so I would keep trying. Some I was successful with, others I wasn't LOL.

Last edited by Mizeree I2K; 03-27-2013 at 12:44 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 06:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I told him he wasn't getting any and he stopped texting. .
It took one word ("No") to see what his true intentions were.

Love it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
To me, women are very powerful,
This is just random based on her post, but going back to what I posted here, and why this has stood in the past, stands now, and will always stand. Like I said before, she is the one in the driver's seat. If he is not going to "pay" (as in he has to see her, pursue her, go through something in order to have her, and win her), then move on to a man who will. After he has her, let the serving begin. Why? Because she is the cherished prize, that's why.

Whether a man desires a woman for the sex only, or for a serious commitment with her, either way she has powerful leverage at this stage -when he desires her but doesn't have her. If he won't change to win her, then he surely won't change after he has her.

When you tell him there is no free taste test here, he will make a decision to do one of two things. He will either flee, or he will hang. If he hangs, then you might have a devoted man worth keeping. If he bounces, well... there ya have it. Either way, she doesn't have to give him anything, or do anything to see what his decision will be. Now, you tell me, who's the one in the driver's seat? Definitely not that joker.

That's one thing that makes me sick to my stomach is a weak, lukewarm, altogether trifling, jellyback man. Dudes like that are as soft as drug store cotton. Just sayin.
Romans 1:16

Last edited by PrettyBoy; 03-27-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-27-2013, 08:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrettyBoy View Post
If he is not going to "pay" (as in he has to see her, pursue her, go through something in order to have her, and win her),
http://youtu.be/gE277VNyilo
Old 03-28-2013, 08:33 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to AlwaysSAI
Mr. KDR put together a little Easter basket for me at his house. Yummy..........