GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 2,026
2 members and 2,024 guests
naraht, Sarak24034

Old 07-19-2015, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Transylvania University rush question

Does anyone know anything about recruitment there? Low key? Competitive? Do most PNMs receive bids? How about GPA requirements?
Old 07-20-2015, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSUZeta View Post
Does anyone know anything about recruitment there? Low key? Competitive? Do most PNMs receive bids? How about GPA requirements?
I have family and daughters of friends who recently attended Transylvania. Based on what they have said (a few have been Chi Rhos or whatever they were/are called), recruitment is low key in that you can find a chapter. However, it can also be viewed as competitive for certain chapters. (Some girls get hung up on certain chapters and end up dropping out if they get cut from their desired chapter or chapters.) 55 to 60% of the school is Greek and I believe most PNMs receive a bid – again if they keep an open mind. I’m not sure about the GPA requirements, but as it takes good grades just to be admitted, grades don’t really factor in as much as they might at other schools - i.e. girls don’t normally get “cut” for grades.

One thing to note is that formal recruitment is about three weeks after the fall semester starts and making a good impression during those first few weeks is important. Transy is a small school - around 1,100 - with around 70 to 80% living in the dorms and each GLO has a floor for “housing”. During those first few weeks, freshmen will come into contact with sorority members (and fraternity members, and guys "talk") during their day-to-day routine all the time. So again, making a good impression during those first few weeks is important.
Old 07-20-2015, 07:45 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you so much T.Steven!