GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,130
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, zmaisongoogleto
» Online Users: 1,314
3 members and 1,311 guests
naraht, Shellfish

Old 09-10-2012, 03:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to you and Chi Omega!! You wrote a very compelling story, one filled with the reality that Rush...er Recruitment can be brutal. Loved it!

Warning: The above post may be dripping in sarcasm and full of smartassedness.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Congratulations, Wishful! Do you mind saying who Glimmer is? I understand if you would rather not.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Congratulations, Wishful! Do you mind saying who Glimmer is? I understand if you would rather not.

Lol not publicly because then you can totally figure out my school. PM me and I'll share. Glimmer was very enticing though. Even on pref day, I came in knowing i wanted to be a part of Glimmer. I still was in shock on bid day that Chi O was able to change my mind so much. When I started crying because of how welcoming my new sisters were, I knew I made the right choice for me.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by summer_gphib View Post
Congratulations to you and Chi Omega!! You wrote a very compelling story, one filled with the reality that Rush...er Recruitment can be brutal. Loved it!
Thanks! I hope I captured my emotions well and inspired future PNMs. Recruitment was NOT easy for me whatsoever.
Old 09-10-2012, 03:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on Chi Omega, I am quite pleased that you found your home.

Fun (silly) memory from my college days. The Chi O chapter house was right next door to the Theta house, and during rush, at night, we used to sing very loudly to them out our upstairs windows if we finished our voting (membership selection) before they did - and vice versa! ("good night Chi O -repeated 3X-, we're going to bed right now!" to the tune of "good night ladies"). One time we all went next door in our pajamas and robes to sing at their front door. It was good fun. I miss those days.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 09-10-2012, 04:30 PM
GreekChat Member

^^^ I love that story!
Old 09-10-2012, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzTheta View Post
Congratulations on Chi Omega, I am quite pleased that you found your home.

Fun (silly) memory from my college days. The Chi O chapter house was right next door to the Theta house, and during rush, at night, we used to sing very loudly to them out our upstairs windows if we finished our voting (membership selection) before they did - and vice versa! ("good night Chi O -repeated 3X-, we're going to bed right now!" to the tune of "good night ladies"). One time we all went next door in our pajamas and robes to sing at their front door. It was good fun. I miss those days.
Hahaha sounds like some good Pan Love. (:
Old 09-10-2012, 04:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations to you and Chi Omega!
Old 09-10-2012, 05:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Congrats! Even though I knew where you had ended up, I was trying to figure out who was who in the story. I only knew who Gale and Glimmer were for sure. The Chi-O's at the unnamed school were always incredibly sweet.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wishful View Post
Yes, Peeta isn't the most popular sorority on campus, but at this point I was thinking who cared? I wanted to join a sorority so I could find a sisterhood, not because I wanted to be well-liked among the fraternity boys.
Good for you for realizing this and being able to look past the perceptions of others. As someone who was in a "less" popular chapter, I can heartily attest that sisterhood and other wonderful opportunities can be found in all kinds of chapters.

And good for you for having the courage and faith in yourself to go through the process again.

So happy for you!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Yay!!! So happy for you and for Chi O!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your story -- even though your path to finding your Greek home was difficult, it is inspiring to other girls who hope to find theirs.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venusloves11 View Post
Congrats! Even though I knew where you had ended up, I was trying to figure out who was who in the story. I only knew who Gale and Glimmer were for sure. The Chi-O's at the unnamed school were always incredibly sweet.
Thanks for everything!! You really helped me throughout the process. I am forever grateful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
Congratulations to you and Chi Omega!
Thanks!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDeltaSallie View Post
Good for you for realizing this and being able to look past the perceptions of others. As someone who was in a "less" popular chapter, I can heartily attest that sisterhood and other wonderful opportunities can be found in all kinds of chapters.

And good for you for having the courage and faith in yourself to go through the process again.

So happy for you!
Thank you! It means a lot to me that you said this. Hopefully the sisterhood is as great as I think it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hartofsec View Post
Yay!!! So happy for you and for Chi O!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your story -- even though your path to finding your Greek home was difficult, it is inspiring to other girls who hope to find theirs.

Aww thanks! I really hope it does help girls going through recruitment.
Old 09-10-2012, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

So excited for you! Welcome to the best years of your life!!

Hootie Hoo!
Old 09-10-2012, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDeltaSallie View Post
Ditto. Plus at many schools, the "popular" groups tend to go through phases. One pledge class truly can change the chapter- for better or for worse! And yes, one member can make a difference in that pledge class as well. Every chapter has something going for it, and something that's a challenge. In my chapter the sisterhood was (is!) incredible, but we weren't as strong as the other chapters in recruitment. I'll pick a strong sisterhood any day, though. A group of us currently living around country (MA, WI, MN, CA, and WA) send weekly random emails with articles, fun items to buy, or whatever we found interesting.

I'm 7 years out of school and all of my chapter sisters are scattered around the US, but we get together every summer for someone's wedding and while the wedding is nice (), the reunion is hands down the best part!

Congratulations Wishful, and I hope you are enjoying every minute of being a new member!
Old 09-10-2012, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! Go Peeta! (er, uh, chi o)