GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,447
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, loanswiftz8441
» Online Users: 2,375
1 members and 2,374 guests
loanswiftz8441

Old 09-15-2012, 12:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Hi everyone! Sorry for the obnoxious delay! My time at Iowa has so far been a whirlwind of classes, clubs, Greek life, and football, but I'm loving it all so much! So to continue with Round 2...

Washington, DC: This was the first house I returned to for Round 2, which made me incredibly nervous because they were my Number 1 favorite coming out of Round 1. I had great conversations with all 4 of the women I spoke to here and felt like I may very well have found my home. Their exit song was also incredibly cute and catchy.

Dallas: This was the second house I visited, and while I hadn’t really enjoyed myself there the first time around, I actually really had a great time this round and had several interesting conversations with both of the women I spoke to. One of the conversations was about the disadvantages of prescribing young children medication for behavioral issues which was definitely a lot more interesting than the typical “major and hometown” talk.

Atlanta: This house was a bit exhausting to be at because I felt like we just had so many awkward pauses where neither of us had anything to say. I guess my rusher and I just weren’t a good match. They did however show a video this round that was very cute (and nice because it was less time to have to come up with things to talk about).

Chicago: I was so excited to go back here because I had loved it so much first round. The first woman I talked to was a continuation of the previous round’s excellent conversations. The second was nice but our conversation seemed to stall around the topic of spring break plans, something she seemed to care about much more than I did. We had a house tour though and the house is adorable and one of the closer ones to actual campus classrooms, which is nice.

Seattle: This house was pleasant on the whole but I honestly couldn’t remember any specific details of our conversations after walking out. One of the women I talked to here kind of seemed like she would benefit from practicing having conversations in front of a mirror. Everything she said was fine, but her facial expressions were always so angry that it was actually fairly intimidating (I’m just a nervous PNM after all!)

San Diego: This house is so impressively built so being inside it once again was a really cool experience in itself. I loved the first woman I talked to here, we had a great conversation about our various high school volunteer interests. I don’t remember any specific details about the second woman, but I do remember thinking she was easy to talk to.

Philadelphia: Conversation here was very awkward. This house continued to rush PNMs in groups of 2 this time around and our conversation here was honestly painfully boring (centered mainly around what living in the house is like). Sidewalk talk let me know that this house had apparently encountered some problems this past spring which caused them to lose a significant number of their active members. I felt bad about that because it clearly affected their recruitment situation, but I also feel like the woman rushing me did nothing to try to turn an awkward conversation into anything but just that.

Miami: The women I talked to here were incredibly academically impressive, which I was not actually expecting, and I felt right at home. They reminded me so much of my best friends from home and I loved being there.

San Francisco: Once again, absolutely adored this house. The women I talked to here had the same academic and extracurricular pursuits as I did and we had amazing conversations. I also really enjoyed the house tour; their house is adorable.

Charlotte: Felt so at home here and I loved every second of it. All three of the women here were so sweet and down to earth and the house is beautiful. About 8 of the chapter women sang a cappella versions of popular songs rewritten to include lyrics about their sisterhood and it was an incredibly cute touch to the round.

New York: This time around, one chapter woman rushed 3 PNMs. The woman I talked to here was very sweet and intelligent. I loved hearing about their philanthropy this round. I think their philanthropy is possibly the most emotionally captivating and inspiring. The biggest downside to this chapter is that they lack a physical chapter house and have a very small sisterhood.

After an incredibly exhausting day of 11 events, we headed to the computers to list our top 7 and rank in order the 4 chapters we would least like to return to. I chose to once again rank in order from 1-11 in an attempt to help myself remember my preferences, since we were to have a week off in between round 2 and round 3.

Washington, DC
San Francisco
Charlotte
Miami
San Diego
Chicago
Dallas

Philadelphia
Seattle
Atlanta
New York

Last edited by hawkeyelove; 09-15-2012 at 12:50 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-16-2012, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for updating, I know us Iowa ladies love to hear how it went!
Old 09-17-2012, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

tap, tap, tap...waiting to hear more!!! I'm dissecting the previous posts trying to figure out the houses!
Old 09-21-2012, 03:12 PM
GreekChat Member

So . . . . . what happened?
Old 09-21-2012, 04:28 PM
GreekChat Member

When I saw that this had so many replies, I thought for sure that this would be a safe one to start reading.

Please come back and finish your story. Pretty, please!
Old 10-08-2012, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Ug. I just hate it when people start a story, you get interested and poof... they never return. Anyone know the OP? I'd love to know how this story turns out!