GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Fundraising

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 886
3 members and 883 guests
Cookiez17, Phrozen Sands

Old 04-28-2008, 09:01 PM
GreekChat Member

I Need Fundraising Ideas!!

I'm the current fundraising chair for my sorority and am looking for any fundraising ideas that you may have. We have a large sorority (about 95 girls), so we could use ideas on BIG events, as well as smaller ones. We recently did a trivia night, and that was a huge success, but we need something for the fall--please help!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-06-2008, 05:56 PM
GreekChat Member

I have one thing that I know works. It is a TON of work, but well worth it in the end if done correctly. I have made anywhere from $5,000 to $15,000 in a single night.

Poker Tournament

The way it works is you make the buy-in for the tournament anywhere from $50 to $100 and require each of your ladies to sell two buy-ins. If players lose all their chips in the first 2 hours of the event they can rebuy the same amount of chips for half the original price.

You can even hire companies to come in a run the event for you (dealers, tables, chips, etc)

Have a local business donate a prize or multiple prizes for the winners. I know best buy often sponsors events like this and will donate big screen tv's, ipods, etc.

Hire a 3rd party vendor to come in and sell alcohol.

While the tournament is playing have a silent auction running as well. You can get people or companies to donate smaller items for this. A raffle or 50-50 work great too.

Have some kind of presentation or slide show running throughout the tournament to show the people who they are helping out by playing.

Hopefully this helps.
# 22
Old 06-27-2008, 09:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Jessiekinns Send a message via Yahoo to Jessiekinns
My fav is ABC fundraising they have a lot of great different ways to make money for your org.

http://www.abcfundraising.com/
Old 06-27-2008, 10:01 PM
GreekChat Member

also try Campus Fundraiser.

www.campusfundraiser.com
Old 10-01-2008, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Smile What about a Coffee Fundraiser?

Specialty Coffee and beverages are an exploding market nationwide that practically sells itself. Java Joe's Roasting Co., is an upstate New York based coffee roaster specializing in fundraising. Organizations realize a profit of $2.50 or more per bag sold. There is no minimum to order and customization is free. This fundraising program is equitable and offers your supporters a high-quality, practical product that is perfect for every day use. Good luck! I hope I was able to help.

Here is the website if you are interested:
http://www.javajoesroasting.com
Old 08-05-2010, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

fundraising ideas on the smaller scale

So these are ideas on the smaller scale, but will still work with your large chapter. these are ways to earn some money while having a little fun too, called bail outs and shantytowns.

Bail out:
you create a makeshift jail cell and have a member of your group sit in it for a day (you can switch off) and collect money for the "bail out fund". Placing the jail cell in a crowded area on campus or in the yard surrounded by the different houses allows more people to walk by and donate small amounts.

Shantytown:
you can do this within your group or get another group involved (like another sorority). Two people make a house or "fort" out of whatever they can, a person from each group needs to sit in the fort for 24 hours (again, you can switch off). People will walk by and give money to the fort they like the best. it makes for a fun competition, and if both forts contain someone from your group then you get to keep all the profits!
Old 04-04-2011, 09:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Well this isn't a one-time fundraiser per se, but what we did for our rugby team is have all the players and parents join a site called Big Crumbs which gives you cash back on not just your purchases, but everyones. OK, so we only make less than a dollar per member per month, but it added up to hundreds of dollars to get us some new uniforms. This is completely passive and can help fund larger fundraisers.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:38 AM
GreekChat Member

I can recommend a fundraiser that will also give the group a chance to mingle. You can have a get together and serve coffee - my company offers a free coffee fundraiser program - you can have a cup on us coffee and jazz mixer. Guest have a cup on you and purchase the coffee to go before leaving to sponsor your group, there is 50% profit and the coffee has healthy herbs infused in it 100% organic. It's a great opportunity have an upscale affair while getting sponsors. I do not want to advertise here if interested please let me know.
Old 07-25-2012, 12:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Fundraising

Reach out to supportive alumni that may be season ticket holders to your football games with access to Club/private suite level seats and see if they'll donate a few of the seats to your chapter. Take the tickets and raffle them off to raise capital. Even if a student doesn't want to sit in the suites at a game they would make an awesome gift to family (i.e. parents, relatives), friends or anyone else that would love to experience a ball game in first class style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by daileyk View Post
I'm the current fundraising chair for my sorority and am looking for any fundraising ideas that you may have. We have a large sorority (about 95 girls), so we could use ideas on BIG events, as well as smaller ones. We recently did a trivia night, and that was a huge success, but we need something for the fall--please help!!
Old 09-01-2013, 10:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Fundraising Ideas

Take a look at that Uranus Greek we did pretty good (a little under 2000) but we are much smaller than you guys.