GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,045
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, zamanthatopo447
» Online Users: 1,353
3 members and 1,350 guests
JayhawkAOII, Low D Flat

Old 02-20-2001, 10:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to MaMaBuddha Send a message via AIM to MaMaBuddha Send a message via Yahoo to MaMaBuddha
Angry Venting.....

hey sorors and SF's, BF's,

before i vent i would like to thank the Lord all mighty for helping me to wake up this morning.

now, i realize that forum is for the positive sorors, SF's and BF's and i consider myself to be very positive person....but why is it the negatives outweight the positives????

first, i would like to start off with my arrival to work. the day starts out medicore...it's cloudy and blah, halfway through a busy day my boss comes into my office for a meeting, in the meeting he tells me that due to extreme budget cuts he will to let me go, but wants me to work on weekends and during projects events. he also goes into how bright and intelligent and i shouldn't have a hard time finding another job, he thinks i am extremely over qualified for this job.

now as he is talking i am getting pissed off, because i think this is bullshiznit. he is giving me this your-over-qualified,-you-can-do-something-better, you-shouldn't-have-a-problem-finding-a-job speech, with this fake mona lisa grin.

i've heard it before!!!

then like a good little employee i agree with him saying to myself i can find something better, but inside i am steaming.

plus on top of that... i get home and every bill i've ever accumulated sitting on my bed saying i need to be paid urgently.

on top of that... graduating seems like it's getting further and further away. two more classes to go and for some reason i can't register into either of them. those d*mn auditors. do seniors not have priority anymore?

on top of that... i have an anal retentive roommate who faithfully keeps a painfully clean apartment. OK...there is nothing wrong with a clean apartment but how i keep my bedroom is my business, right?????

on top of that... looking for an apartment in NYC is RIDICULOUS....can we say $1000 to $1500 for a tiny room that everytime you turn around your either in the the bedroom of the living or the kitchen....AT THE SAME TIME!!! with no parking space, or laundry/dryer nearby. *sigh*

we won't get into my love life....which is....well i won't say!!

sometimes i just want to just throw my hands up in the air and get in the bed and lie there

i can honestly say the only thing in my life that brings a smile to my face is my little 2 month year old sister. staring into those big brown eyes is enough to make the meanest person smile. she has the cutest little lips that curl up into a smile when she is sleeping.

does anyone have any encouraging words or advice to help me make it through these next few weeks?

geeez, i have a headache.

------------------
MaMaBuddha

Devastating
Stimulating
Tantalizing

Imaginer un métro rempli avec les anges tombés...

[This message has been edited by MaMaBuddha (edited February 20, 2001).]
Old 02-20-2001, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

MaMaBuddha, I sent you an email.
Old 02-20-2001, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to PrettyPetite
Arrow

Hope you don't mind me responding.... :-)

It may be hard to see things like this now, but try to remember that EVERYTHING happens for a reason. For all you know, a bomb a$$ job could be waiting for you. Remember, God never gives us more than we can handle.

And Girl, I feel you on the graduation thang. I was supposed to graduate this semester, but the ONE credit that I needed to pass in order to get into my final student teaching (which is twelve credit hours), well, my supervising teacher at the local public school didn't teach me what she was supposed to while I was doing that portion of my internship. So, PrettyPetite's advisor, (who also gives the grades for that ONE CREDIT)...tells her that she will receive an incomplete, and must redo Part I of her internship. I was upset then, but now I'm grateful b/c I got a master teacher that is the best, and is teaching me things that the other lady refused to. Plus, I'm taking a bunch of b.s. GPA booster classes. (read=easy A's)

Basically what I am trying to say is that things may look bad now, but give it some time, and the reasons why these things happened will surely come into view....and remember, all of this is only going to make you stronger. :-)

Hope this helps!

Sincerely,
PrettyPetite
Old 02-20-2001, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via ICQ to MaMaBuddha Send a message via AIM to MaMaBuddha Send a message via Yahoo to MaMaBuddha
thanks prettypetite,

*looking for the strengh*

where is it?

*sigh*

is greekchat hiring?????

------------------
MaMaBuddha

Devastating
Stimulating
Tantalizing

Imaginer un métro rempli avec les anges tombés...
Old 02-20-2001, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

The strength you're searching for is within. You're just a little discouraged right now. In my opinion, overcoming the most difficult problems bring us closer to reaching our goals. Personally, It is only after conquering obstacles that I feel most accomplished. I hope what I am trying to say is helpful, because this is the way in which it is intended to sound

------------------
"Education is your passport to the future, for tomorrow belongs to the people who prepare for it today." -- El-Hajj Malik El-Shabazz
Old 02-20-2001, 11:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Wink

I sent you an email Soror
Old 02-21-2001, 02:32 AM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MaMaBuddha:
[B]hey sorors and SF's, BF's,

on top of that... looking for an apartment in NYC is RIDICULOUS....can we say $1000 to $1500 for a tiny room that everytime you turn around your either in the the bedroom of the living or the kitchen....AT THE SAME TIME!!! with no parking space, or laundry/dryer nearby. *sigh*

Eventhough you are angry you can still make someone laugh.

i can honestly say the only thing in my life that brings a smile to my face is my little 2 month year old sister. staring into those big brown eyes is enough to make the meanest person smile. she has the cutest little lips that curl up into a smile when she is sleeping.

Children they are so special and can brightens anyones day.

does anyone have any encouraging words or advice to help me make it through these next few weeks?

I read this on another forum and I thought you needed this.

It's In the Valley I Grow

Sometimes life seems hard to bear,
Full of sorrow, trouble, and woe
It's then I have to remember
That it's in the valleys I grow.

I do not understand
Why things happen as they do,
But I am very sure of one thing
My Lord will see me through.

Forgive me Lord, for co,plaining
When I'm feeling so very low.
Just give me a gentle reminder
That it's in the valleys I grow.

Continue to strengthen me, Lord
And use my life each day
To share your love with others
And help them find their way.

If I always stayed on teh mountain top
And never experienced pain,
I would never appreciate God's love
And would be living in vain
My Lord will se me through.

I hope everything goes well. God has a plan for you and he is waiting for you to claim it. So do not be discouraged because something better is waiting for you. We all experience things in our life that may set us back or change something, but God will never let his children suffer and be without anything. I know that you will talk to the Lord about this and he will make a way.

Good Luck.

Old 02-21-2001, 08:45 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

Yesterday must have been the day for the blues because i was feeling them too. Lately I feel more blues than i feel the REDS (i just decided to name the happies that). . . Anyway bills are piling up, loans from taking a 5th year in school, no man, the man I want is giving me the YOU MAKE ME SICK, HELL WIT YA blues. . . .Anyway I just read this and had to go find something my best friend sent to me 2 years ago. It's from Yesterday I Cried from Iyanla who oddly enough I refuse to read her books but hope this poem will help you and so many others who are going through.

YESTERDAY I CRIED

I came home, went straight to my room, sat on the edge of my bed, kicked off my shoes, unhooked my bra, and I had myself a good cry.
I'm telling you, I cried until my nose was running all over the silk blouse I got on sale. I cried until my ears were hot. I cried until my head was hurting so bad that I could hardly see the pile of soiled tissues lying on the floor at my feet. I want you to understand, I had myself a really good cry yesterday.

Yesterday, I cried, for all the days that I was too busy, or too tired, or too mad to cry. I cried for all the days, and the ways, and all the times I had dishonored, disrespected, and disconnected my self from myself, only to have it reflected back to me in the ways others did to me the same things I had already done to myself. I cried for all the things I had given, only to have them stolen; for all the things I had asked for that had yet to show up; for all the things I had accomplished only to give them away, to people in circumstances, which left me feeling empty, and battered and plain old used. I cried because there really does come a time when the only thing left for you to do is cry.

Yesterday I cried.

I cried because little boys get left by their daddies; and little girls get forgotten by their mommies; and daddies don't know what to do so they leave; and mommies get left so they get mad.

I cried because I had a little boy, and because I was a little girl, and because I was a mommy who didn't know what to do, and because I wanted my daddy to be there for me so badly until I ached. Yesterday I cried.

I cried because I hurt. I cried because I was hurt. I cried because hurt has no place to go except deeper in the pain that caused it in the frst place, and when it gets there, the hurt wakes you up. I cried because it was too late. I cried because it was time. I cried because my soul knew that I didn't know that my soul knew everything I needed to know. I cried a soulful cry yesterday, and it felt good. It felt so very, very bad. I'm in the midst of my crying, I felt my freedom coming, because YESTERDAY I CRIED with an agenda.

I hope this helps, there are also songs I listen to in my times of sorrow, anger, confusion, frustration, disappointment, loneliness, despair, etc.

Songs:
I Told the Storm by Greg O'Quin
That's Why I Praise You by Kurt Carr
I am God by Donald Lawrence
For the Good of Them by Milton Brunson
I Tried Him and I Know Him by Milton Brunson
More than I can Bear by God's Property
Free by Kirk Franklin and One Nation Crew
God is Trying to Tell You Something - Color Purple Soundtrack

These songs can all be found on Napster, feel free to download them

[This message has been edited by CrimsonTide4 (edited February 21, 2001).]
Old 02-21-2001, 08:46 AM
GreekChat Member

Someday and Contentascanbe...thank you for the encouraging words.

i am trying to keep a light attitude, before i lose my mind.

Old 02-21-2001, 08:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Soror MaMaBuddha, the Creator never gives you more than you can handle.

While your boss' words were BS, the point is that this opens you up for a more fulfilling job opportunity. Dig into that rolodex, girl!

This may also be an opportunity to move to a less expensive, less congested area. Can we say JERSEY! Can we say SINGLE!

I have gone thru some major transitions in the past year. The things that kept me going were PRAYER and the knowledge that what doesn't kill you makes you stronger.

God Bless, Soror.

------------------
MCCOYRED
Mu Psi '86
BaltCo Alumnae

Dynamic...Salient...Temperate...Since 1913
Old 02-21-2001, 08:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Soror CrimsonTide4,

thank you...i spent last night listening to stevie wonder's "never dreamed you'd leave in a summer" it was on repeat for an hour.

i've own several Iyanla Books and never really sat down and focused on them. her books are so encouraging. now i will have the time to read them in deepth.

i plan on using this brief period to meditate and concentrate on school.

Old 02-21-2001, 09:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Unhappy

thank you soror mccoyred,

i am praying a lot these days, i just don't wanna call on the Lord only when i need something. (i admit i've been doing that lately) i think sometimes we can get like that. when something goes wrong, we go hollaring for the Lord instead of giving him 100% ALL the time.

Jersey sounds good right about now.

no more shopping sprees....no more VIP's...

for now....

[This message has been edited by MaMaBuddha (edited February 21, 2001).]
Old 02-21-2001, 10:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Talking

Yesterday must have been the day for having the blues (I was crankier than normal myself) because today is full of inspiration to keep on. My best friend from college sent me this today:

Did you know that an eagle knows when a storm is approaching long before it breaks? The eagle will fly to some high spot and wait for the winds to come.

When the storm hits, it sets its wings so that the wind will pick it up and lift it above the storm. While the storm rages below, the eagle is soaring above it.

The eagle does not escape the storm. It simply uses the storm to lift it higher. It rises on the winds that bring the storm.

When the storms of life come upon us - and all of us will experience them - we can rise above them by setting our minds and our belief toward God. The storms do not have to overcome us. We can allow God's power to lift us above them.

God enables us to ride the winds of the storm that bring sickness, tragedy, failure and disappointment in our lives. We can soar above the storm.

Remember, it is not the burdens of life that weigh us down, it is how we handle them.

The Bible says, "Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles." Isaiah 40:31
Old 02-21-2001, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by CrimsonTide4:
[B]Yesterday must have been the day for the blues because i was feeling them too. Lately I feel more blues than i feel the REDS (i just decided to name the happies that). . . Anyway bills are piling up, loans from taking a 5th year in school, no man, the man I want is giving me the YOU MAKE ME SICK, HELL WIT YA blues.

Soror, Dang (trying not to curse) I was feeling the same way yesterday. Although I'm no longer in school but those student loan payments are no joke! And your man must be brothers with the man I want because I'm going through the same thing. Don't they know there's nothing like a Delta women!
But with all that we got to keep positive and stay strong. At least we know we are not alone. And this goes out to all my Sorors I'm here for you if you need me in any way. Ma I'm sending you an email.
Old 02-21-2001, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

[quote]Originally posted by Reds695:
[b]
Quote:
Originally posted by CrimsonTide4:
Yesterday must have been the day for the blues because i was feeling them too. Lately I feel more blues than i feel the REDS (i just decided to name the happies that). . . Anyway bills are piling up, loans from taking a 5th year in school, no man, the man I want is giving me the YOU MAKE ME SICK, HELL WIT YA blues.

Soror, Dang (trying not to curse) I was feeling the same way yesterday. Although I'm no longer in school but those student loan payments are no joke! And your man must be brothers with the man I want because I'm going through the same thing. Don't they know there's nothing like a Delta women!
But with all that we got to keep positive and stay strong. At least we know we are not alone. And this goes out to all my Sorors I'm here for you if you need me in any way. Ma I'm sending you an email.
Girl the only brothers he has is those DANG ON ALPHAS (LOL) but yes he needs to realize like Mary said, I am the only woman he needs

Honey, my loans are sky high and i have co workers constantly telling me I can afford to buy a house!!!!!! HOW when some days I have to budget to buy a loaf of bread and put gas in my car?????? People are a trip trying to tell me how to handle my $$ flow. OOOPs this is Mamabuddha's time to vent.