GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Sigma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,015
2 members and 1,013 guests
Cookiez17, Phrozen Sands

Old 10-20-2006, 03:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Chartering this fall:
CSU Bakersfield - Omicron-Mu
Murray State - Omicron-Nu
ULethbridge - Omicron-Xi

Looking good for this fall or early '07:
William & Mary
Kutztown
Monroe (LA)
UMontana

There are 25 other colonies, and 15 interest groups.

I'll second kegman83's comment about Kappa Sigma's ARMs - they're making Jackson's dream come true.

Last edited by hayden83; 10-20-2006 at 03:39 AM.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 10-21-2006, 07:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayden83 View Post
Chartering this fall:
ULethbridge - Omicron-Xi

William & Mary
Kutztown
Monroe (LA)
UMontana

I'll second kegman83's comment about Kappa Sigma's ARMs - they're making Jackson's dream come true.
Do you happen to know if William & Mary used to have a chapter? I would be kind of surprised if this was the first go around; I don't know, it just seems like a school that would have been colonized by now.
Old 10-21-2006, 07:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigkid View Post
Do you happen to know if William & Mary used to have a chapter? I would be kind of surprised if this was the first go around; I don't know, it just seems like a school that would have been colonized by now.
They did, Nu chapter. I don't know when they originally lost their charter or became inactive. The current colony will of course become Nu chapter again when they complete their colonization period.
Old 10-29-2006, 05:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
They did, Nu chapter. I don't know when they originally lost their charter or became inactive. The current colony will of course become Nu chapter again when they complete their colonization period.
Thanks, I thought that was correct, but I really wasn't sure. It's always good to get an old chapter up and going again.
Old 11-08-2006, 09:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Indiana Univ. of PA is also working hard at re-chaptering the Kappa Theta chapter. We had about 45 guys pledged in about 2 weeks ago... I'm serving as the Ast. GS and also trying to figure something out for a website.

We've got most of the policies down, and we're going to have all of the lecture things done (MBK, etc) by Monday, pretty much leaving us with raising the chartering fee & getting our community service hours in...

We're hoping to have everything in before we leave for break on the 15th of Dec & be ready to become a chapter and full brothers around valentines day!
Old 11-14-2006, 08:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruber View Post
Indiana Univ. of PA is also working hard at re-chaptering the Kappa Theta chapter. We had about 45 guys pledged in about 2 weeks ago... I'm serving as the Ast. GS and also trying to figure something out for a website.

We've got most of the policies down, and we're going to have all of the lecture things done (MBK, etc) by Monday, pretty much leaving us with raising the chartering fee & getting our community service hours in...

We're hoping to have everything in before we leave for break on the 15th of Dec & be ready to become a chapter and full brothers around valentines day!
Wow, three months from colony to chapter? That would be some sort of record, wouldn't it? Good luck with everything and let us know how it goes.
Old 11-15-2006, 11:37 PM
GreekChat Member

That’s the plan anyway, and we're making some good progress.

The EC has all of our bylaws and policies, making sure they all jive with each other and nationals, and I believe we're going to vote on them as a chapter to make them official at our next meeting on Monday.

Patrick Corr (from Xi-Epsilon) is coming on the 3rd of Dec to do the Code of Conduct workshop with us. Our attendance was a lil less than it should have been for MBK, so we’re going to try to find a local chapter that’s doing it (so anyone out there in the Pitt area that is holla back) or get him back here some time to present again (I was out of state for a conference myself).

Other than that, it just leaves us raising the chartering fee, which we have a fundraiser set up for next week that should kick most of that out, and make sure our GPA is high enough…

IFC requirements are pretty similar to nationals so we’ll be able to kick that out as well...

We’ve got a great group of guys here, I’m tremendously glad to call them all my brothers!!! I’m sure if anyone can do it, it’ll be the men of Kappa Theta!
Old 11-20-2006, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Pepperdine?

Pepperdine's student newspaper last week included a story on Kappa Sigma coming to campus. Unfortunately I can't read the full article, so am wondering if any of you know anything about it?
Old 11-20-2006, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Omicron Mu was installed on Saturday (Nov. 18). It was a beautiful thing after two years of work. I am now the GMC for OM, as a sidenote.
Old 11-22-2006, 03:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeppyGPhiB View Post
Pepperdine's student newspaper last week included a story on Kappa Sigma coming to campus. Unfortunately I can't read the full article, so am wondering if any of you know anything about it?
Check out this article.

Kutztown University is confirmed as Omicron-Omicron. In total five more colonies will charter before the end of the year, and HQ is predicting seven more will complete their charter requirements and petition for installation for the beginning of 2007.
Old 11-22-2006, 01:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gruber View Post
That’s the plan anyway, and we're making some good progress.

The EC has all of our bylaws and policies, making sure they all jive with each other and nationals, and I believe we're going to vote on them as a chapter to make them official at our next meeting on Monday.

Patrick Corr (from Xi-Epsilon) is coming on the 3rd of Dec to do the Code of Conduct workshop with us. Our attendance was a lil less than it should have been for MBK, so we’re going to try to find a local chapter that’s doing it (so anyone out there in the Pitt area that is holla back) or get him back here some time to present again (I was out of state for a conference myself).

Other than that, it just leaves us raising the chartering fee, which we have a fundraiser set up for next week that should kick most of that out, and make sure our GPA is high enough…

IFC requirements are pretty similar to nationals so we’ll be able to kick that out as well...

We’ve got a great group of guys here, I’m tremendously glad to call them all my brothers!!! I’m sure if anyone can do it, it’ll be the men of Kappa Theta!
Sounds like you guys have a good plan; luckily there are a lot of alums in place to help out with things if you run into any snags.

Congrats to the other chapters that are being chartered; it seems like almost every month we have a new chapter. Have we lost any chapters lately?
Old 11-26-2006, 04:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Not sure how HQ generally communicates this info to alumni members, but here's a brief summary of recent events:
-Gamma-Omicron has been reinstated;
-Theta-Upsilon, Beta-Xi and Xi-Phi have had their charters suspended;
-Delta-Chi has been fined;
-Recognition of the Spokane Colony has been withdrawn.
Old 11-26-2006, 05:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Not sure how HQ generally communicates this info to alumni members, but here's a brief summary of recent events:
-Gamma-Omicron has been reinstated;
-Theta-Upsilon, Beta-Xi and Xi-Phi have had their charters suspended;
-Delta-Chi has been fined;
-Recognition of the Spokane Colony has been withdrawn.
Thanks - there used to be a listserve, but now it is only for alumni officers. I had access when I was a AAA, but not anymore. I try to keep a lookout in the Cadeucus, but usually the only news in there is good news.
Old 11-15-2007, 11:04 AM
GreekChat Member

Folks, an update: along with 29 current colonies, we have 22 confirmed interest groups across the United States, and in Toronto (Delta-Epsilon lost their charter this fall but we hope to see it returned soon). We will be kicking off a colony at U of Alaska-Anchorage on December 8.
Old 12-27-2007, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Duchovnysfan Send a message via Skype™ to Duchovnysfan
Quote:
Chartering this fall:
ULethbridge - Omicron-Xi

William & Mary
Kutztown
Monroe (LA)
UMontana

Add Loyola Marymount to the chartering list....well actually they chartered a few weeks ago I only know b/c I know someone in it and saw he was wearing his letters in a picture, good for them!