GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 2,245
2 members and 2,243 guests
bmaimusmaarleya, Xidelt

Old 08-13-2015, 08:39 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphagam808 View Post
Tanya was released from recruitment this morning.

I wish I could give her a hug; she was so excited going in to recruitment with no pre-conceived notions about each house... she just wanted to find a home! I'm proud of her for keeping her head up throughout the process and trying her best to get to know the women in each house she visited.

Being a sophomore transfer is not easy at a school with a recruitment like this one. She has talked to a few other upperclassmen that were also released (and heard the number was high) making her feel better on the one hand that she wasn't the only one but also making her wish upperclassmen were "looked at more," for lack of a better phrase.

I'm urging her to register for COB/COR in the event that one or more of the houses takes part. I don't want this to be the end of the road for her but I'm confident that IF it is, she will still enjoy her time here. How can you not at a big school???

Thank you for rooting for Tanya & being sources with words of encouragement, as well as advice for myself!
Oh, that sucks. Poor thing.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-13-2015, 10:43 AM
GreekChat Member

Awww.....I am so sad for her. My daughter went through recruitment as a sophomore transfer at a competitive school and was also cut heavily in the beginning. She did keep 2 through preference and got her top pick of the two for bid day, but I remember oh so well the disappointment at getting 4 invites, when many others got 11 after the first round of cuts. She has a friend on the inside at the one, and I think it truly made a difference - even though all the chapters are very large.

I hope COB will work in her favor.....and that she finds other great ways to be involved in her school.

3 of my daughters very best friends (and she moved clear across the county only knowing a few girls from sports at her school), are girls she met in the dorms who are not part of the greek system or her sport.