GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Sigma > Sigma Gamma Rho

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,754
0 members and 1,754 guests
No Members online

Old 12-11-2001, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Angry i just need to do some more venting!!!

hey sorors and sisterfriends, please allow me to vent for a minute or two:

today at work i had three of my third graders to start up their weekly routine at the same time today!!

student #1: "May Jon Doe help me with my work?"
Me: "no, sweetie, come up here and i will work with u"
Student#1: ignores me, goes to his seat, and begins to whistle loudly just to disrupt the class.

Student #2: "I don't have any paper."
me: "So what would u like me to do about it?" (in my sweet angelic voice)
Student #2: mumbles under her breath and sits in her seat with a dumb look on her face.
me: "u know what to do if u need paper. are u going to choose to get a zero for today?"
studetn #2: mumbles and rolls her eyes and continues to sit with the dumb look on her face

Student #3: "i don't have no paper"
me: did you look in your desk?
Student #3: "no"
me: (just shaking my head) "look in your desk for your paper so you can do your work.
Student #3: "i don't have to listen to you!" and student throws books and paper on the floor.
me: "remember that when u have to use the bathroom!"

i really had a rough day. i had to count to 10 over and over again just to stay calm. they really tried me.

but tomorrow is another day and i know it is going to be a better day.

pray for me sorors because this is really a rough year and these are just 3rd graders!
Old 12-11-2001, 11:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Soror Royal-Silence,

I'm feeling your pain! The 9th, 10th, 11th, and 12th graders aren't any better! Believe me I've being dealing with some very unique personalities for the past ten years!

Serioussigma22

Hang in there soror!
Old 12-13-2001, 12:30 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink Ask God for Strength

I am feeling both of you. I teach Reading on the 3rd, 4th and 5th grade level. Today wasn't a good day for me. I don't know what is wrong with these students. Their hormomes are just raging. I screamed to the top of my lungs today. Which really didn't do any good. I gave them the enefit of the doubt, being that Christams break is approaching. I just ask God to give me strength.
Old 12-13-2001, 05:22 PM
GreekChat Member

I too feel your pain. I teach 6th grade. Overall my students are not really disruptive lately {they no I don't play } Although I have had a few try me on occassion. However, I am stressing because nobody wants to work or do homework. I think it is because the Christmas break is approaching, at least you have that to look forward too. Take a nice long bath, listen to some jazz, or whatever helps you relax and count down the days until break. I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
Old 12-15-2001, 03:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Ladies,

I agree with each and every response! It must be the fact that Christmas is around the corner. Not only do I have to deal with some bizarre students, I also have to deal with their crazy parents! I had a parent flip out on me because her overgrown lazy a$$ senior son didn't turn in this stupid Federal Survey Form. In which Fairfax County gets millions and millions of dollars because many of the students' parents work for the federal government. Anyway, this mother calls my ap (assistant principal) and tells the woman that I was rude to her and she made up a few more lies about me not allowing her son's group to do their research on the police (the brat is in my sociology elective course). Not only is the group doing their report on the police; they are the ones that selected topic. She also said that I called the police corrupt and they couldn't do that particular agent of social control (the police) report. To make a long story short I had to sit down with my stupid ap and explain what the students are doing in the course. I also had to give her a copy of my assignment! Christmas break cannot get here fast enough.

Finally, the crazy women is also an educator in Fairfax County! Can you believe the madness!

Serioussigma22
Old 12-16-2001, 09:49 PM
Super Moderator

Thumbs up Teachers!!

Hey ladies,

Although I'm not a year round teacher, I have been a summer camp counselor(we're sort of teachers too!) for 10+ years now, I feel you. After my first summer being a counselor, I wasn't sure I wanted to do it again but I did and it is one of the MOST rewarding things I've ever done. The experience gave me a whole new outlook on what teachers do, in a different way but I got the idea. I have SO MUCH RESPECT for you teachers. I bow down and praise yall'!!
Old 12-17-2001, 07:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Soror Ninjapoodle,

Thanks we need your ear and understanding!

Serioussigma22