GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,673
0 members and 1,673 guests
No Members online

Old 09-15-2013, 09:05 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
The thought has been pitched the the Sad Bama thread might have gone viral on the web, and so viewing might have peaked over that.
After The Machine (or the handle purporting to represent The Machine) claimed on Twitter earlier in the week to be behind the crash of the Crimson White website earlier in the week, I figured they'd claim this too.
Old 09-15-2013, 09:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Why on earth can't my family just be normal??? After a string of deaths every other year for almost a decade, we finally started to even out...and then things happen. My uncle was just charged with murder in a the 1972 cold case death of an infant...apparently he was charged back then but the case was dismissed and nobody in the family ever knew. I'm in total shock right now
Old 09-15-2013, 10:23 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
For me it was the frosting. I had to stop cake decorating while pregnant. It was fine again afterward though.
It was the opposite situation with frosting when my mom was pregnant with me. On more than one occasion she would make her (delicious) home made frosting and just eat it lol
Old 09-15-2013, 10:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
The thought has been pitched the the Sad Bama thread might have gone viral on the web, and so viewing might have peaked over that.
Good theory, but the Sad Bama thread only just now surpassed Clemsongirl's recruitment story thread for number of views!
Old 09-15-2013, 11:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John View Post
Prime recruitment season is probably what caused it!

Basically what happened was the server used up all the RAM, then used up all the swap space... then it completely froze up. It took quite a while going back and forth with staff at the datacenter tonight to get this sorted out.

I planned to have GC running on the new server over a month ago but it didn't turn out that way. Everything is set at the new datacenter, I just need to ship the server. But after tonight's outage I'm considering to double the amount of RAM in the server, which will add a bit more time before it's online (time for delivery then time for burn-in stress testing of the RAM).

Anyhow, should be by the end of this month. I think the current server should be able to hang in there until then.
So it wasn't my computer after all - I kept trying to get back on ... Thanks for your efforts, John!

I just love those "lazy Sundays" when my husband and I only have to go to one church service at 6pm. This lasts until 11pm because we usually go to McDonald's with our friends afterwards. A usual Sunday can be 2 or 3 services for us depending on what each of our 2 churches is doing. Then there are always all the weekday services/events, too.
Old 09-15-2013, 11:25 AM
GreekChat Member

I am so tired of job hunting. It is taking all my energy.

Everyone is telling me to be patient and not worry about things that I can't control, but I hate not having money to pay my bills or hell buy things.

I hate having to mooch off my parents and borrow money from my brother.

It doesn't help that I know that my former principal is giving me a bad review when potential employers call him because I haven't even been picked up as a substitute! I'm a frickin' certified teacher and I can't even get a job subbing! WTF. The problem is I can't prove a damn thing and I highly doubt when I call to find out the status of my application they will be honest. It is so incredibly frustrating.

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 09-15-2013, 11:36 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
I am so tired of job hunting. It is taking all my energy.

Everyone is telling me to be patient and not worry about things that I can't control, but I hate not having money to pay my bills or hell buy things.

I hate having to mooch off my parents and borrow money from my brother.

It doesn't help that I know that my former principal is giving me a bad review when potential employers call him because I haven't even been picked up as a substitute! I'm a frickin' certified teacher and I can't even get a job subbing! WTF. The problem is I can't prove a damn thing and I highly doubt when I call to find out the status of my application they will be honest. It is so incredibly frustrating.
Pulling for you!
Old 09-15-2013, 01:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I tried to sign on last night but couldn't. It's good to know that it wasn't my computer or my internet service. That's what I thought it was at first.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAPPAcino View Post
I tried to sign on last night but couldn't. It's good to know that it wasn't my computer or my internet service. That's what I thought it was at first.
I thought the same thing since my campus does have less than stellar internet service but yay, it's back!

Also, I guess the user Crash Test Barack is a troll so I'll just disregard that person...
Old 09-15-2013, 02:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Crash Test Barack is an old troll that comes back evry so often to spew his racist nonsense. You learn to ignore him.
Old 09-15-2013, 02:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
Do you have a friend from your ed program who is now an administrator? If so, have them call pretending to get a reference for you and see what they are told. I had a co-worker do this when he left his last job. He found out that his previous school was giving him a less than proper reference and took action.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi U MC Vito View Post
Crash Test Barack is an old troll that comes back evry so often to spew his racist nonsense. You learn to ignore him.
I almost said "Hi" to him but refrained. How's law school going?

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Vito, hang in there.

As for perps, how long before the latest NPC wannabe fades away?
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 09-15-2013, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZTheta View Post
Vito, hang in there.

As for perps, how long before the latest NPC wannabe fades away?
BTW, I appreciate you asking the question that I'm sure many have been wondering. I don't think the perp status is limited to NPC, though.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Watching the Miss America pageant preview is a great way to feel like you haven't accomplished anything in your life:/ It is great procrastination on homework, though.