GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,160
3 members and 2,157 guests
JayhawkAOII, Xidelt

Old 05-07-2008, 07:58 AM
GreekChat Member

Crossroads Career Network

Have any of you guys ever heard of this? It's a Christian based networking group. It's not in every state, but you can go to the website and see if there is a church that participates in your local area.

www.crossroadscareer.org

My mom's boss actually told me about it a few months ago, and I sort of forgot. Well, I was looking through the Atlanta paper this weekend, and saw an advertisement for upcoming career events, and the website was listed. So I checked it out and Monday night I went to a monthly meeting, which was devoted soley to resume writing, and then last night, I went to the 1st week of an 8 week session that helps you through the whole job search process. I found it to be EXTREMELY helpful. I got some good advice on what I can do to change up my resume a bit, and I think (I hope, anyways...) that it will help me be a little bit more successful in my job search.

fun fact: last night at the meeting, I met a lady who was a Delta Zeta at GA Southern!
Old 10-28-2010, 01:55 PM
GreekChat Member

WOW Holy goodness alot has changed since I first posted this.

Long story short, I went through the 8 week Career Explorer program, got THE job of my dreams in October 2008 and moved to Columbus GA. When I got here, I started my church search by checking out the crossroads ministry website. There were no churches within at least 50 miles with the program. *sigh* So hubby and I started looking for a church home and found one that we liked by January 2009. I got super involved, and by October, I was asking the associate pastor about possibly bringing the ministry to the columbus area. So, over the last year we've been talking about it, getting started, rounding up volunteers....annnnd on Monday, November 1st, we're having our first monthly networking meeting! It's going to be from 6:30-8pm (Eastern).

http://stmarkumc.com/crossroads-career/

http://www.crossroadscareer.org/memb...mc-columbus-ga

So, I'm not sure if there are a whole lot of folks on here from the Columbus area...or if there are folks from Auburn who would want to come check us out, but if you are, please come! Let me know if you have any questions!
Old 04-20-2011, 10:37 PM
GreekChat Member

*Bumping Again*

Columbus/Auburn folks, recent or soon-to-be graduates, and people of all ages, Crossroads Career Network at St Mark UMC is hosting a Job Seeking Skills Workshop on Saturday May 14th from 8:45am-1pm. Registration is $15, which includes the cost of the printed Career Explorers Workbook. Free childcare will be available, and brunch will be provided. If you know anybody in the area who could benefit from this, please spread the word.

Workshop Agenda:
• Introduction | Maximize Your Career Now
• Step 1 ATTITUDE | Reach Forward to What Lies Ahead
• Step 2 APTITUDE | Discover & Develop Your Strengths
• Step 3 ALTITUDE | Target Opportunities & Resumes
• Step 4 SEARCHING | Find Jobs, Careers, Calling
• Step 5 SORTING | Wow Interviewers & Employers
• Step 6 SELECTING | Walk in Work Made for You

https://www.facebook.com/CrossroadsCareerStMarkUMC