GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Recruitment General discussion about recruitment.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465

Old 05-15-2001, 11:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Post Best Rush Ever...

Hey guys I was just wondering if anyone wanted to answer a question I have been debating with my roommate. What are your best and worst rush experiences? What made you think "I definantly want to be a part of this sorority" or "I definantly am not coming back to this house"? We have been discussing this on and off for a while now trying to decide why people choose where they want to spend most of their college experiences. IS it superficial or is it really "JUST A FEELING?" I would greatly appreciate others views on the subject.
Thanks for your help...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-15-2001, 11:49 PM
GreekChat Member

I think it starts out being a superficial thing. As with most campuses, the chapters with the biggest and nicest housest, as well as what may be alpha chapters, get a large turnout. Then people start to realize that there is more to it than just that. Another huge factor is how you feel around the members and if you "click" with them. I'm pretty sure that's the deciding factor for almost everyone.
Old 05-16-2001, 12:09 AM

Best: Walking into the house, talking with sisters I had seen outside of class and just feeling at home. Feeling like people were evaluating me for me, not my clothes. Getting asked back to 5 out of 6 possible pref parties. I know that sounds vain, but when you have spent a lot of life feeling like a reject it really means a lot!!

Worst: Being made to feel embarassed of what I was wearing. Getting a feeling that a sorority I did like, with a lot of my dorm mates in, was just a little too "gung ho" for me and knowing I couldn't pledge there. Being led over to the refreshment area over & over - think the scene in Animal House with Flounder and Pinto and the foreign students.
Old 05-16-2001, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to HeidiHo
It's kind of sad that one active's actions decide the fate of 100 girls, but that's how it is. Case in point, on house tours during my rush the girl giving the tour insisted that I walk in front of her. "I kept thinking, it's your house, I don't know where to go" & I wanted to walk behind her. After pushing me in front of her 1000 times, she said in the snottiest voice "I really would appriciate it it you'd walk in front of me." I thought to myself "Cross XYZ off the list"
The best part of my recruitment was going to a certain house every night & talking to wonderful girls about totally different things. I talked about ballet, In Style magazine, eating disorders, makeup, being shy, sports, short hair... It was so great that all aspects of my personality fit into one house. I didn't have to just talk about sports, or beauty, I could have it all
Sorry for the long post
Heidi
Old 05-20-2001, 02:17 AM
GreekChat Member

The main thing that got me to do it was at the first Rush Event, at Pizzeria Uno's. I'm a pretty quiet kid, so I wasn't really saying much, and the guys approached me and made me feel more comfortable, joked around with me, made me feel like i was just another one of the guys, not a prospective rushee. It was really cool, and it totally convinced me to go Kappa Sig.