GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Kappa > Kappa Delta
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,476
0 members and 1,476 guests
No Members online

Old 08-25-2015, 08:37 AM
GreekChat Member

My daughter is a new member of Kappa Delta

Hello,

My daughter just went through recruitment at an SEC school and received a bid to her #1 choice Kappa Delta! I was in a different house at a different college way back when. I would love to connect with other moms of KD new members as our daughters go through their new member semester . Anyone else out there? 🍀🐻
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-25-2015, 11:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Not the mother of a KD (or any sorority) but I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you and your daughter to the KD family!

DaffyKD
Old 08-25-2015, 11:40 AM
GreekChat Member

Welcome! She will love her time in Kappa Delta. It is a quality organization from the leadership on down. Some chapters have parents groups, others don't. I wish New Members had a semester before initiation. Kappa Delta, like all NPC groups except for Chi Omega, has opted for a shortened new member period, about 6 week for KD.

Shallow word of advice... have her get a blinged out pin. The emerald/pearl combinations are so beautiful. Of course, this advice is coming from a vintage pin junkie with a large collection. What school is she attending? PM me if you don't want to post, and if you don't mind telling me.
Old 08-25-2015, 04:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaffyKD View Post
Not the mother of a KD (or any sorority) but I would like to take this opportunity to welcome you and your daughter to the KD family!

DaffyKD
Thank you!
Old 11-04-2016, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations! I have a new KD IN the family, as well - a Rebel!
Old 11-05-2016, 12:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Totally outside my lane but I wish I had bought a more blinged out pin then too. But the basic model Alpha Xi pin is really affordable and i was broke. This is where mom could step in.
Old 11-06-2016, 12:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I hope to! Can't get her to take the time to seriously look at them right now - too many tests before Thanksgiving and they initiate right after the Thanksgiving break. Guess she'll use mine for initiation and then decide.
Old 11-07-2016, 10:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMKD View Post
I hope to! Can't get her to take the time to seriously look at them right now - too many tests before Thanksgiving and they initiate right after the Thanksgiving break. Guess she'll use mine for initiation and then decide.
Congrats! I have the one with pearls outlining it and emeralds at the corners. As an alumna, I wear mine occasionally on jewelry made for the badge, and I get at least one compliment every time I wear it. I love it.
Old 11-09-2016, 06:54 PM
GreekChat Member

That style is my favorite and also the one I have. �� I've enjoyed looking at the options on line, there are many more now than Balfour offered back in the day.
Old 11-10-2016, 06:55 AM
GreekChat Member

I only had the pin that came with my initiation fee for many many years. I found a OLD pin on ebay with pearls all around it for only $35. I have it mounted as jewelry that I wear to Alumnae Chapter meetings. My daughter never joined a sorority (never went through recruitment) so right now I have no one to pass it down to in the family. Should she or my son ever have a daughter who joins KD my granddaughter will receive it at initiation (doesn't look hopefully as neither are having kids right now). Should there be no granddaughter, I have a KD friend whose daughter is a KD from the chapter where this pin was first used and I will give it to her.

DaffyKD
Old 11-11-2016, 09:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Sadly, my own pin has a pearl missing. Trying to figure out how best to go about replacing it. I have the crown pearl pin with 3 Emerald points and a diamond at the top because I was the pledge class member who excelled at scholarship my pledge year. Do the chapters still do that?

DaffyKD, your pearl pin on eBay was a steal! I haven't seen anything under $125 recently when I've looked. I think it's really cool that you have a plan that might get it back to the chapter where it originated.
Old 11-11-2016, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAMKD View Post
Sadly, my own pin has a pearl missing. Trying to figure out how best to go about replacing it. I have the crown pearl pin with 3 Emerald points and a diamond at the top because I was the pledge class member who excelled at scholarship my pledge year. Do the chapters still do that?
I've never seen a pin like that! If you can figure out how to post a picture, I would love to see it
Old 11-13-2016, 05:55 AM
GreekChat Member

I guess there's no way to post it here directly? Copy and paste doesn't seem to be an option and I have no where to put it to create a link.