GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,498
0 members and 2,498 guests
No Members online

Old 11-01-2009, 11:57 AM
GreekChat Member

How many Trick-or-Treaters did you have?

A record for this house: 6

One of my friends was up to 242.
Old 11-01-2009, 11:59 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
we had a little over 100
Old 11-01-2009, 12:09 PM
GreekChat Member

We only had 4.

However, just 2 streets over, in our same subdivision, the pack of kids and parents' cars was so thick that it took my husband 8 minutes to drive 3 short residential blocks. There must have been over 150 kids on that street. Not sure if it was some youth group or what, and why they all chose that street. Strange.

So, now I have tons and tons of candy left over. What to do?
Old 11-01-2009, 12:26 PM
Super Moderator

Eat it all, of course!

We had a bunch that one of my teenagers distributed candy to while we took our younger kids trick-or-treating. We had a little candy left but we turned off the orange lights when we came in. Unknown to us, our youngest turned them back on and at 10:15, there was a knock on the door. There stood some really big teenagers holding their bags out.

We dumped the rest in their bags and took the lights down.
Old 11-01-2009, 12:43 PM
GreekChat Member

We had around 30...which is way down from the norm. of 200-ish. I'm bringing the extra bags of candy to work tomorrow.
Old 11-01-2009, 01:36 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondie93 View Post
We only had 4.

However, just 2 streets over, in our same subdivision, the pack of kids and parents' cars was so thick that it took my husband 8 minutes to drive 3 short residential blocks. There must have been over 150 kids on that street. Not sure if it was some youth group or what, and why they all chose that street. Strange.

So, now I have tons and tons of candy left over. What to do?
That was my situation 2 years ago. So this year, I gave handfuls of candy to each kid--I was NOT trying to have leftover candy.
Candy is all gone...woo hoo! Now DH is complaining that there are no butterfingers or reeses.

Umm you should have taken some out and set them aside for yourself. Not my fault, pal!
Old 11-01-2009, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

I had around 100 I think. It wasn't our busiest year, but it wasn't our slowest either.
Old 11-02-2009, 12:09 AM

We had exactly ONE trick-or-treater. He came by with his father. Dad has a noise complaint against our neighbor down the hill, so it was half "trick or treat" and half "would you please call planning and zoning and complain about the asshat down the hill?" So the son got candy, and P&Z is getting a phone call tomorrow morning.

Our last house was on a dead-end street just off a very busy main road. We got kids who lived on our street, plus kids from the main road (it wasn't safe traffic-wise to ToT on that street). So we had a steady stream of little people. We're in a quiet residential neighborhood now, but I think it's mostly childfree and empty nest.

Meh... our new Halloween tradition is to put our feet up and watch the Buffy Halloween episodes.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:09 AM

110 kids. We line the driveway with brownbags with a little sand and a lit tealight inside. I think it helps to show the kids that we are "open for business".
Old 11-02-2009, 01:30 AM
GreekChat Member

None, just like last year and the year before. Last year we were even home and had candy and carved pumpkins, nary a ding dong. This year we had homecoming and after standing on my seat and yelling for four hours all I wanted was a cheeseburger so we went out to dinner.
Old 11-02-2009, 01:36 AM
GreekChat Member

I had 3 but I live in an apartment and this has never happened before. I didn't have any candy, so I just didn't open the door. If I would have known I was going to get kids trick or treating I would have bought a bag. I felt so bad.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 11-02-2009, 07:11 AM

We had enough that I ran out of candy after an hour. Very few big teenagers this year, thank heavens.

aephi alum, I love your new halloween tradition! Must steal it for my own.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:52 AM
GreekChat Member

6, which was a record for us at this house. We live in the middle of suburbia, but don't get many trick or treaters.

However, the town does a trick and treating festival downtown, so most of the kids go to that instead of going door-to-door.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
We had exactly ONE trick-or-treater. He came by with his father. Dad has a noise complaint against our neighbor down the hill, so it was half "trick or treat" and half "would you please call planning and zoning and complain about the asshat down the hill?" So the son got candy, and P&Z is getting a phone call tomorrow morning.
Off topic: That's odd. Why couldn't the dad call P&Z himself?

On topic: We had zero trick-or-treaters. Actually, we've never had any despite the lights, jack-o-lanterns, etc. We stopped buying candy a few years ago when we realized we would never have any ToTers.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:14 AM
Super Moderator

A lot more than we expected. Nearly ran out of candy.

As an aside, I find this thread to be kind of funny in that this place is so much different than it was 7 years ago with respect to it having become almost a forum for the use of ancient alums to advise a few actives or prospects who might bounce in (then out) of here from time to time.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma