GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Delta > Delta Sigma Theta

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,042
Threads: 115,496
Welcome to our newest member, prettyandpearls
» Online Users: 1,272
1 members and 1,271 guests
No Members online

Old 08-19-2018, 08:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Hello, Glad to be here!

Hello,

I am a former lurker on GreekChat and decided to join. I have a few questions, because I thought I had a good undergraduate experience, but apparently I did not. I did membership intake at Hampton University, Gamma Iota Chapter, Delta Sigma Theta. After graduating, I was dropped from the line, and my number was taken away (I believe it was because I did not meet their expectations and was struggling in the real world). It was 46 and I was given a 0. I have also been denounced as a whore, garbage, and trash. I have a lot to say about this because this is not what I expected from members of the undergraduate chapter or the undergraduate experience. I guess I live or lived in Disney World where I believed that people would help those who were struggling and not name call or gang up on their family members (my sister was also later having some difficulties on the campus-she is four years younger than me).

I am still a proud member of Delta who wears her letters, attends chapter meetings, and serves her community. I would not wear my letters; however, on my undergraduate campus or the surrounding community due to what happened after I graduated from college.

Thank you for reading this long post, and hopefully I can find somewhere to talk to someone and get some insight into what happened and if this does happen regularly in the African-American Greek system.

Thank you again!