GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,122
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, haledarkz870
» Online Users: 1,763
1 members and 1,762 guests
Titchou

Old 02-17-2008, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

This is going to be a really dumb question-but what is a "Time of the Day" shower?
Is it as simple as-the shower starts at 2:30 pm? Or the theme of the party is 2:30 pm??
Is this confusing or am I making it that way??
Old 02-17-2008, 08:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by JennRN View Post
This is going to be a really dumb question-but what is a "Time of the Day" shower?
Is it as simple as-the shower starts at 2:30 pm? Or the theme of the party is 2:30 pm??
Is this confusing or am I making it that way??
It's "Hi, you're invited to Susie Q's bridal shower. It's going to be terrific! The theme is "Time of Day." Please bring a gift that fits your time of day. Your assigned time is: xx:xx. Have fun with it! I hope you can make it, it's sure to be an afternoon our friend Susie will never forget! Please RSVP asap so if you can't make it, I can reassign your time to someone who cares more about Susie and her happiness. Best wishes, the bestest maid of honor ever"
Old 02-17-2008, 08:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by VandalSquirrel View Post
So I broke down to check out the CMT website, and even if you can't watch the shows, you can see pictures from the weddings, which really are worth 1,000 words each.

Here's a link to the photo galleries. Warning, there's a plethora of camo! http://www.cmt.com/pictures/my-big-r...ow_photo.jhtml

ETA: I love the little cartoon critter animals playing musical instruments that are part of the show's theme. I love the squirrel (obviously!) blowing into a moonshine jug, and also the jackalope with a tambourine, the deer with a banjo rocks too.
The only thing I can possibly say to the Demolition Derby Wedding is, "I wanna marry ewe".
And, the bride holding her baby is a classic.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:21 PM
Banned

if you made me choose bridesmaid dresses from only those 4 choices i would choose the belle one because that's the least heinous but they're all pretty heinous looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylark View Post
Honestly, the Disney bridal gowns themselves could be worse, given the source, but I was pretty horrified by some of the bridesmaid dresses. These in particular:

http://www.disneybridal.com/fall2008...es/kma2850.jpg

http://www.disneybridal.com/spring20...mages/kka1.jpg

http://www.disneybridal.com/fall2008...es/kmc2830.jpg

http://www.disneybridal.com/fall2008...es/kmb2835.jpg
Old 02-17-2008, 09:29 PM
Banned

honeychile,

the BEST place to get your minnie ears with an azure blue bow is going to be the Emporium on Main Street USA in Magic Kingdom. The closest you'll be able to get to azure blue is the Year of a Million Dreams Minnie ears. but i'm not sure if the YoaMD is still going to be going on in 09.

But MK has gotten better... they've renovated Haunted Mansion *it's freakin amazing now*, Space Mountain was being renovated when my college program ran out this past January, Spaceship Earth at Epcot has been renovated too.

Idk how you feel about jerky rides, but Soarin(epcot) & Dinosaur(animal kingdom) both gave me headaches after I got done riding them. and if you like rollercoasters i definitely recommend Expedition Everest in Animal Kingdom.

Just wondering, but what hotel are yall staying at???

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeychile View Post
Isn't that near Cleveland's Museum of Art? Has she thought of having her wedding there? Can't get much classier, and the cost of the museums I checked out was in line with any other place. And, very different!

Okay, I think anyone who buys a Disney Wedding Dress must wear those Minnie Mouse Ears with a Veil with it!

We're having our Convention at Disney World next year, and I'm going soley to get Minnie Mouse ears with an azure blue bow.
Old 02-17-2008, 09:35 PM
Banned

this reminds me of 27 dresses and all of those god awful ugly bridesmaid dresses that Katherine Heigl's character had to wear.

I think the worst bridesmaid dress of all is when the bride decides to go with a theme wedding ( i.e. 27 dresses' Gone with the Wind theme)

quote=skylark;1600978]LegallyBrunette, you are absolutely right. I don't know how I could have missed THIS:

Truly the worst.

ETA: I keep trying to figure out what it reminds me of... I think it is a cross between the fairy godmother (which would definitely be on the cinderella theme) or one of those fairies from sleeping beauty?[/quote]
Old 02-17-2008, 09:51 PM
GreekChat Member

Regarding the indecisiveness regarding shoe selection, I think it was, my friend (the bride) sent us bridesmaids an email that said, "This wedding is taking up too much of my time. I should be focusing on my thesis right now."

Ummmm, okay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ktbug10474 View Post
this reminds me of 27 dresses and all of those god awful ugly bridesmaid dresses that Katherine Heigl's character had to wear.
Oh gosh! The dress I'm wearing in a wedding in a couple of months didn't come out in this movie.....but one by the same designer and in the same color did.

Last edited by SATX*APhi; 02-17-2008 at 09:53 PM.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to bluefish81
Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanyalum View Post
It's "Hi, you're invited to Susie Q's bridal shower. It's going to be terrific! The theme is "Time of Day." Please bring a gift that fits your time of day. Your assigned time is: xx:xx. Have fun with it! I hope you can make it, it's sure to be an afternoon our friend Susie will never forget! Please RSVP asap so if you can't make it, I can reassign your time to someone who cares more about Susie and her happiness. Best wishes, the bestest maid of honor ever"
Exactly! I haven't gotten my invite for the said shower yet (concerning as it's only three weeks away), I believe I'll be getting it this week. But I was going to go out this weekend and buy a gift. One of my friends then informed me that the MOH/younger sister of the bride was planning a "time of day" shower.
If I get stuck with some random time, I'm going to end up deviating from the registry. They aren't registered for a ton of stuff. Her fiance is kinda picky/indecisive when it comes to buying anything- it took him two months to decide on a round metal trash can for their kitchen. Did I mention he hasn't bought her an engagement ring yet? He gave her his grandmother's and told her to find one that she likes and then he'll buy it online, provided he likes it.
Old 02-17-2008, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Location: location, location... isn't that what it's all about?
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluefish81 View Post
it took him two months to decide on a round metal trash can for their kitchen...then he'll buy it online, provided he likes it.
He sounds like a peach!!! What a joy he'll be to live with!
Old 02-17-2008, 11:45 PM
Banned

omg. i agree with nittany....

that will be a fun household for kids to grow up in.
Old 02-18-2008, 11:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nittanyalum View Post
OMGWTF. I have never heard of this as a shower theme!! How are you supposed to buy a gift that "celebrates" 10:36 a.m.??
Old 02-18-2008, 11:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to WhiteDaisy128
I've actually seen the time of day shower be cute. The only major flaw I see is that you get a lot of things you don't register for and a lot of edible gifts (coffee & grinder) for the morning, popcorn bucket with popcorn, candy, and movies for 8 PM, etc. There were some creative gifts though.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:23 PM
GreekChat Member

OMG dragging 6 girls to a bridal shop is like herding cats. I'm sure their opinions were all over the place. Poor you. Interesting choice of words on their part, like would it have been ok if you were a plump biotch?
I thought the trend was same fabric, different styles for BM's dresses; that way the skinny ones can go one way and the full figured can choose something that flatters them as well.
Old 02-18-2008, 05:31 PM
GreekChat Member

i just saw my first episode of my big fat redneck wedding and i was certainly ummm, well, i can't even describe how i was. in the episode i saw, the husband bought his wife a pink shotgun. i emailed my fi at work and told him that i wanted one, too. i have no idea what i would do with a gun, but pink is my favorite color!
Old 02-18-2008, 06:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkyphimu View Post
i just saw my first episode of my big fat redneck wedding and i was certainly ummm, well, i can't even describe how i was. in the episode i saw, the husband bought his wife a pink shotgun. i emailed my fi at work and told him that i wanted one, too. i have no idea what i would do with a gun, but pink is my favorite color!
Isn't that show its own form of glorious?

There was a joke in our circle about pink guns and NRA lifetime memberships for Valentine's Day. I've already received one NRA membership as a gift, but I've yet to receive any firearms.