GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Academics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,408
0 members and 1,408 guests
No Members online

Old 01-19-2009, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OTW View Post
You register on GreekChat and your first post was to a thread that hasn't been replied to in 2 1/2 years?

YOU R SO SMRT.
Haha, wow - nothing like being called "ignorant" about a post I made almost 3 years ago, a post which is, apparently, correct.

Too funny...
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-21-2009, 02:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by preciousjeni View Post
Hey, could you read carefully (at all)?

Last edited by Neutral; 01-21-2009 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:26 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KSigkid View Post
Haha, wow - nothing like being called "ignorant" about a post I made almost 3 years ago, a post which is, apparently, correct.

Too funny...
I replied because it is still on the internet. I will refute any false claims regardless how OLD they are.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

Too funny...
If you don't even know the DIFFERENT admission policies for general course takers and degree candidates, you have NO say about the Extension School.

Last edited by Neutral; 01-21-2009 at 02:36 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senusret I View Post
No, YOUR post is totally false and ignorant!!!!

We are open to students with a variety of backgrounds and goals, with no formal requirements beyond a commitment to an academic challenge. --http://www.extension.harvard.edu/prospective/

To take courses at the Harvard Extension School, you simply register. No preliminary application is required. --http://www.extension.harvard.edu/2008-09/register/
If you don't even know the DIFFERENT policies for general course takers and degree candidates, you have NO say on this matter!

Few course takers were admitted into the degree programs, even fewer (around 2.5%) could graduate with degrees or diplomas from the Extension School.

Last edited by Neutral; 01-21-2009 at 02:46 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neutral View Post
If you don't even know the DIFFERENT admission policies for general course takers and degree candidates, you have NO say about the Extension School.
Quote:
If you don't even know the DIFFERENT policies for general course takers and degree candidates, you have No say on this matter!

Few course takers were admitted into the degree programs, even fewer (around 2.5%) could graduate with degrees or diplomas from the Extension School.
Point us to the part of the website that explains this...because, according to the website, you can just register for any class and start your way to a degree without an application process.
Old 01-21-2009, 02:43 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Point us to the part of the website that explains this...because, according to the website, you can just register for any class and start your way to a degree without an application process.
It can't be done because it's a DIFFERENT website with DIFFERENT requirements and a DIFFERENT internet in A DIFFERENT WORLD with Lisa Bonet as Denise Huxtable in a starring role!!!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 03:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Neutral, keep on taking those classes! Perhaps they have some offerings in English and reading comprehension.

If you're a product of the online schools, that just proves the opinions in this thread...
Old 01-22-2009, 01:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It can't be done because it's a DIFFERENT website with DIFFERENT requirements and a DIFFERENT internet in A DIFFERENT WORLD with Lisa Bonet as Denise Huxtable in a starring role!!!!!

Could you find the "Degrees and Certificates" page for admission criteria?
If you can't even see this, your intelligence and research ability is lower than a 3rd grader.

Last edited by Neutral; 01-22-2009 at 01:19 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:14 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kddani View Post
Neutral, keep on taking those classes! Perhaps they have some offerings in English and reading comprehension.

If you're a product of the online schools, that just proves the opinions in this thread...
It is a waste of time talking to you -- ignorant! Do you only want to ridicule yourself?

I have earned my graduate degree from Harvard through the Extension School.
I have the privilege to involve in many (Harvard) clubs on campus and am working at the university.

Last edited by Neutral; 01-22-2009 at 01:25 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

If you can't even see this, your intelligence and research ability is lower than a 3th grader.
Quote:
It is a waste of time talking to you -- ignorant!

I have earned my graduate degree from Harvard through the Extension School.
I am involved in many (Harvard) clubs on campus and am working at the university.
1) It is painfully evident that you received your degree from the Harvard Extension School.

2) Why are you involved in clubs on campus if you're a graduate?

3) It doesn't surprise me that someone with an extension degree works at the school they earned the degree from.

4) The website STILL doesn't mention admissions criteria -- you have to earn Bs in your first three classes to be considered a degree candidate. Big whoop. That doesn't negate the fact that there are no ADMISSIONS standards and that if you want to be down, you just sign up.

5) Hussy!
Old 01-22-2009, 01:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:

If you can't even see this, your intelligence and research ability is lower than a 3rd grader.
Can you show us where the admissions requirements are different for non-degree and degree-seeking candidates?

http://extension.harvard.edu/2008-09...dergrad/admit/

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.
Old 01-22-2009, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
1) It is painfully evident that you received your degree from the Harvard Extension School.

2) Why are you involved in clubs on campus if you're a graduate?

3) It doesn't surprise me that someone with an extension degree works at the school they earned the degree from.

4) The website STILL doesn't mention admissions criteria -- you have to earn Bs in your first three classes to be considered a degree candidate. Big whoop. That doesn't negate the fact that there are no ADMISSIONS standards and that if you want to be down, you just sign up.

5) Hussy!
I am involved in the clubs because I like to and I can. I am WORKING at the university.

You are funny. When the admission criteria are up front, you say there are no admission criteria. Applicants need to do honors-lever coursework in the prerequisites at Harvard, not your high school or undergrad courses. And that's not the only thing you will need to get in. What are the admission standards when other universities/schools don't even require to take the prerequisites to apply?

Last edited by Neutral; 01-22-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 01-22-2009, 02:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I am involved in the clubs because I like to and I can. I am WORKING at the university.

You are funny. When the admission criteria are up front, you say there are no admission criteria. Applicants need to do honors-lever coursework in the prerequisites at Harvard, not your high school or undergrad courses. And that's not the only thing you will need to get in. What are the admission standards when other universities/schools don't even require to take the prerequisites to apply?
But where are they up front? And where does it say that you need to take Harvard undergrad courses before you can enroll in the extension school?
Old 01-22-2009, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to preciousjeni
Quote:
When the admission criteria are up front, you say there are no admission criteria. Applicants need to do honors-lever coursework in the prerequisites at Harvard, not your high school or undergrad courses. And that's not the only thing you will need to get in. What are the admission standards when other universities/schools don't even require to take the prerequisites to apply?
So, basically, the Harvard program is open to the general public and no one can be turned away as long as they've taken the prerequisite courses and achieved B averages. Whereas at a traditional university, not everyone is accepted to enroll. Right?

Talented, tested, tenacious, and true...
A woman of diversity through and through.