GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,429
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Zae_TheCreator
» Online Users: 2,208
1 members and 2,207 guests
Cookiez17

Old 06-26-2003, 04:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
need advice

i was looking at the private side and noticed a posting about my chapter, congratulating us on our greek week performance. however, i was reading the replies and one ws from a sister that went alum with me. i'm not positive which sister although i've narrowed it down between 3 or so but what she said really upset me. it sounded like she was attacking nationals and to me it makes me feel as though people will think that out entire chapter wants nothing to do with nationals. how can i tell my sisters how i feel about this? they haven't listened to me about making the best of things and putting everything behind us even once for the past 6 months.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-27-2003, 10:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Hey! I just read the post you're talking about, and before I read Kathy's reply, I was all upset for ya'll. It sounds to me like she has really taken care of the problem by telling everyone that the officers were informed and knew that Nat'ls was coming.

Did your officers not tell your chapter to expect Nat'ls or that they would be taking things out of the house? If they knew about it beforehand, then it seems irresponsible of them to not inform ya'll and just let you get upset. As for the post, I don't think it's that bad. Everyone knows what ya'll are going through and that you might be a little upset with the situation.

I'm so sorry that your chapter's closing. I can't even imagine what that must feel like, but we're all here for you!
Old 06-27-2003, 10:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to OUlioness01
our president was not told what was going on (she was in shock), and neither was our advisors. we did know they were coming down in advance. i think it would have been a lot better if they had arrived when they told us they were going to but traffic can't be helped. that way we would have seen what they were doing before we had 3D and things would have worked out better. our advisors spent 15 minutes trying to calm us down and that was while they still had tears in their eyes. i just don't want my chapter to be presented as a lot of bitter women, because we're not all that way. i htink part of my perception is that ive heard my chapter sisters talking and they are incredibly bitter about everything.
Old 06-27-2003, 04:01 PM
GreekChat Member

hmm, i read the post as well and the more i think about it, the more i think that you should just ride it out. honestly, the person who wrote it was really upset. sometimes, people say/ do things when they are upset that they normally wouldn't do. for the poster, this allowed her to get out her anger and frustration. there are many places that this type of post would be inappropriate, but given that the PS is for sisters, i don't think it is that bad. also, i think that as sisters, we do need to be supportive. will talking to this person about how she shouldn't have said that make her feel better about phi mu, probably not. it will probably add to the resentment she already feels. this is one of those times, that i think you should just let it go. understand that she is upset (as i am sure that most of your chapter is) and that although she didn't handle it the way others did, that it was her way of dealing. sometimes the hardest thing to realize is that we all need to do things differently to handle the same situations.
Old 06-28-2003, 01:52 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to HotDamnImAPhiMu
post a response with your side of things.