GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,276
1 members and 2,275 guests
Cookiez17

Old 03-14-2013, 12:01 AM

Awww... I am so sorry, summer. What a pretty kitty.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-14-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
I've gone to the drive-thru at KFC before and they told me they were out of chicken. But were in the process of making some more and asked me to pull to the side for a few minutes to wait. I've seen this kind of thing happen at McDonalds, and Burger King too, with fries. They just ask me to pull to the side and wait for a fresh batch.
This has happened to me at McDonald's too. At my local store, there are a couple of spots marked for the disabled not far from the drive-thru window, and I'm asked to pull into one of those spots. Within five minutes, someone runs out to my car with my order.

But the Mickey D's I mentioned upthread was just plain OUT OF BEEF. I could understand if they'd run into supply-chain problems because of severe weather, but that wasn't the case - it was just an ordinary day.
Old 03-14-2013, 01:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I am traveling, I have misplaced my cell phone charger, and it is making me nuts! I'm sure it's in my car, but it's too cold to go look! So instead, I'll stay inside and be annoyed.
Old 03-14-2013, 03:28 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
I'm late but BRANDON PAUL!
Old 03-14-2013, 04:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I've cleaned my whole apartment, done all my laundry, addressed ALL of our wedding invitations, baked cookies, caught up on an embarrassing amount of TV.....I'm running out of things to do to keep my mind off of tomorrow!
Old 03-14-2013, 05:04 PM
GreekChat Member

^Come clean my house while I nap?

No, but really. I can't seem to keep my eyes open today and I have too much to get done before tomorrow to continually nap.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 03-14-2013, 06:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Hypo will be landing in about two hours This year is FLYING by. I can't believe she's on Spring Break already. Didn't I just move her in a couple weeks ago?
Old 03-14-2013, 07:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I've had that happen too, but at this one, they didn't have any more to make even!
Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
This has happened to me at McDonald's too. At my local store, there are a couple of spots marked for the disabled not far from the drive-thru window, and I'm asked to pull into one of those spots. Within five minutes, someone runs out to my car with my order.

But the Mickey D's I mentioned upthread was just plain OUT OF BEEF. I could understand if they'd run into supply-chain problems because of severe weather, but that wasn't the case - it was just an ordinary day.
Sometimes it could be a problem with the ordering process from management, or the vendor can sometimes make mistakes and get it wrong. I manage a FedEx Office, and sometimes, my assistant manager who does the ordering will order something wrong, or sometimes place the correct order, and the supplier will get it wrong. I'm sure the same thing happens in the restaurant business.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:09 PM
GreekChat Member

A McDonalds I went to in New Mexico would have to close when they ran out of meat. They said this was because they had problems with theft.
Old 03-15-2013, 10:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Digger Phelps and Jay Bilas,

A dead ball foul, is by definition, a technical foul. You may not like it, but that's the rule.

If you, as ESPN "experts" notwithstanding, dont't know what you're talking about, or more to the point, don't know the relevant rule by which you're trying to eviserate the official's call on the floor, then please go sit down, read a rule book and return more knowledgeble about the game you're commenting on.
~ Luke 19:10
Old 03-15-2013, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

You know your family is in the hospital too much when there is a family ranking system for the hospitals. Arg.

"Sisterhood is not about being popular, its about developing character, forming bonds, and self-discovery. If after four years you can hold you head high, then absolutely your sorority is "tops"." - H2oot
Old 03-15-2013, 11:32 PM
GreekChat Member

Hypo got home last night. Tonight, she was driving to Ann Arbor to visit her boyfriend and got in an accident. She is fine. The car is probably totaled. Her brother is not happy as it was his primary vehicle. *sigh* Now what? I need a vehicle...
Old 03-15-2013, 11:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Glad she is ok. The car can be replaced, the girl...not so much.
Old 03-15-2013, 11:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Hypo got home last night. Tonight, she was driving to Ann Arbor to visit her boyfriend and got in an accident. She is fine. The car is probably totaled. Her brother is not happy as it was his primary vehicle. *sigh* Now what? I need a vehicle...
So sorry, but glad she is okay!
Old 03-16-2013, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm very relieved she is ok. That moment when your child calls you, sobbing, and says "I got in an accident" is way up there in the 'scariest moments in life'.