GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 1,518
0 members and 1,518 guests
No Members online

Old 09-11-2013, 10:21 PM
Banned

Oh, GCers....

Is your nipple buttery?

Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-11-2013, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin View Post
My signature party drink is the mint bucket.

Equipment:
Large punch bowl
Enough spoon straws for your guests

Mixins:

Layer 1: Fresh mint leaves
Layer 2: Ice
Layer 3: Fruit--strawberries, blueberries, grapes, etc. never melon of any kind.
Layer 4: Ice
Layer 5: 2 cans condensed pink lemonade, 1 liter of ginger ale and 1.75 liters of vodka.

What next: Allow to sit for 10 minutes. No glasses are allowed, everyone drinks directly from the bowl with their spoon straws or eats the fruit.
After this, we will all be expecting invites to your next party!
Old 09-11-2013, 10:42 PM
GreekChat Member

You are officially a grown up in my family when my Grandfather offers you a Manhattan at a family gathering. Still my go to cocktail.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missouri Ivy View Post
You are officially a grown up in my family when my Grandfather offers you a Manhattan at a family gathering. Still my go to cocktail.

LOL...that's my dad's favorite drink. He used to get ticked off when we'd raid his maraschino cherries for our "kiddie cocktails" (That's what my grandfather called Shirley Temples...he'd make those for us at his house). Amazingly, no one in our family is an alcoholic.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:09 PM
GreekChat Member

I'm a big fan of warm alcoholic drinks for fall and winter

Spiced Wine:
1 bottle of red wine. (I'm partial to a cherry wine from a Tennessee winery)
1 bottle of cran apple juice.
Put in crock pot with mulling spices (I get the kind in the packets). Allow to heat for a few hours.

Spiked Cider:
Apple cider and spiced rum (Captains or Sailor Jerry). Crock pot with mulling spices, or just cinnamon sticks.

Hot chocolate with Whipped Vodka. The good stuff, not the shit that comes from powder. Top with the alcohol infused whipped cream.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:12 PM

Really easy peasy, Banana Popsicle: Banana liqueur and Mountain Dew. It really does taste exactly like a banana Popsicle (to the point that I kind of wonder what those were all these years).
Old 09-11-2013, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
Martinis are with gin so tell the bartender if you suck and want vodka.
AMEN.

I'll have a very dry Tanqueray martini straight up with a twist.

Years ago, my husband put me onto the idea of vodka tonics made with citrus vodka. Nummy and very refreshing in summer.

And I recently discovered Crabbie's alcoholic ginger beer. 4.8% ABV and also very refreshing on a hot summer day.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCsweet<3 View Post
What's a Bloody Caesar?

Don't hate me: I've never had a Bloody Mary. I cannot stand tomato juice so I have been reluctant to try them. There is a bar about a mile from my apartment that is famous for them. My boyfriend and I have been meaning to try them.
If you don't like tomato juice (personally, I can drink Marys, but I think they're a little heavy and the consistency can be weird), you should try a Bloody Caesar! Instead of tomato juice, it's made with clamato juice. And no, it's not as gross as it sounds - it doesn't taste fishy! There are also multiple spices and sauces added (pepper, hot sauce, Worcestershire, etc.). They're awesome if they're made correctly.

I think they're originally a Canadian concoction, so unless you're there or close to the border, it's hard to come by a bartender who knows what they are. My family is from New England, but even there it can be tough to find a bar that carries clamato juice.

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 09-11-2013 at 11:48 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:47 PM
Banned

Tomato juice? I dunno. I need sugar in my tomato juice. That sounded gross, I know, but I love how my Coctel de Camaron at my fav Mexican restaurant tastes. It has avocado, onions, peppers, and other stuff including a sweet taste. This may seem strange but I can imagine some libations being put in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aephi alum View Post
AMEN.

I'll have a very dry Tanqueray martini straight up with a twist.

Years ago, my husband put me onto the idea of vodka tonics made with citrus vodka. Nummy and very refreshing in summer.

And I recently discovered Crabbie's alcoholic ginger beer. 4.8% ABV and also very refreshing on a hot summer day.
I think I usually hear people say "vodka 'tini". I probably got accustomed to vodka being used in martinis. I prefer gin...for most drinks.

Last edited by DrPhil; 09-11-2013 at 11:52 PM.
Old 09-11-2013, 11:50 PM
GreekChat Member

If the bar is open I'll have a Mexican martini or maybe a mojito.

My fall back drink is a simple vodka and tonic or Jack with a Coke back.
Old 09-12-2013, 12:11 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
After this, we will all be expecting invites to your next party!
I wish we could do that! Still recovering from the hail/flooding which hit OKC this summer.
Mu Tau 5, Central Oklahoma
Old 09-12-2013, 01:02 AM
GreekChat Member

My favorite is...The Old Fashioned. Especially when it has a huge ice cube, a big sliver of orange peel and a more high end marinated cherry.

You can never go wrong with a good Bloody Mary or Bloody Beer (Michelada).

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 09-12-2013, 01:06 AM
GreekChat Member

My go-to drink is a mojito. I can't drink beer, wine, or champagne because of allergies. I think it's the sulfites, because I can't eat shrimp or coconut either, but who knows?
Old 09-12-2013, 02:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Bellini's, Mint Julep, Mimosa.. Love them all!

Too bad they don't serve them here. (seriously, have yet to find anyone who knows what a Mint Julep is on this side of the pond)

Most drinks here are mixed with either vodka of jenever. Vodka is ok, strong but I like a basic Screwdriver. Jenever though? Yuk!!!

I usually order a Raspberry mojito here, or stick with drinks like 43. Liqor 43 tastes amazing!
Old 09-12-2013, 02:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tulip86 View Post
I usually order a Raspberry mojito here, or stick with drinks like 43. Liqor 43 tastes amazing!
Ahhhh! You know what Licor 43 is!

Ok, I lied.. I do like one other shot.

About a year ago, I was in NJ at the bar with my bf, and a family friend and his gf came in and sat across the bar. It was crowded and crazy, so they didn't see us at first. We told the bartender to send them a good shot, and to let them know it was from the good-looking couple from across the bar So he gives them a shot, and then they sent us one back.

The bartender asked us what we wanted. We looked at each other, then back at the bartender and said we didn't know. He said, "I know something you might like...... have you ever had a little beer?" We were confused. He smiled and told us, "Don't worry, you'll like it."

So he poured us our shots; Licor 43 (which I had never heard of before then) and a little bit of Baileys on top. Best. Shot. Ever.

And the reason it's called a "little beer"... because Licor 43 is the color of beer, and the Baileys creates the "head" on top. Tasty AND adorable!

Every person (bartenders included) that I've asked about Licor 43 since then has looked at me like I have two heads. Apparently it's not that popular... but I love it!

@~/~~~~

Last edited by ASTalumna06; 09-12-2013 at 02:33 AM.