GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Entertainment TV, movies, music, books, sports, radio...

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,428
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, baangelasteaxdy
» Online Users: 2,252
3 members and 2,249 guests
Cookiez17, Sen's Revenge

Old 05-14-2012, 09:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Honestly.... this season is boring me. In fact, I was shocked that there's only 2 episodes left. I don't feel like they've told much more story at all. There's so many separate storylines, that just one or two scenes each episode is NOT enough. They needed a 12 episode season, easily, if not longer.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-15-2012, 02:47 AM
GreekChat Member

There is so much internal dialogue that it is difficult....if they don't to 2 season of Storm of Swords and Feast of Crows, I think I will be upset...these book is so dense with information and surprises it will be very difficult for the non book readers to really understand what is going on....also if they screw up House of Undying and the Red Wedding, I think I'm done....

I also know that I'm a book purist and have given them some slack, but I think not enough.

I was so impressed with how they manages GoT that I think I'm a bit disappointed on how they are handling CoK...and Jon Snow....but I will get off my soap boax

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 05-15-2012, 09:15 AM
GreekChat Member

I am definitely a purist. All the story changing is driving me bonkers. This Tywin/Arya storyline is terrible. They've already screwed up Rob and the Red Wedding. They are leaving way too much for the end in the finale.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 05-15-2012, 01:37 PM
GreekChat Member

You know I'm enjoying Arya/Tywin because Maisie and Charles are such good actors and feeding off each other....

Do you have an idea who Jon's mom is? ... they are leaving that out as well...which is very important

Old 05-26-2012, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_gwyn View Post
Do you have an idea who Jon's mom is? ... they are leaving that out as well...which is very important

J.R.R. Martin has written book 5 and readers of the series still don't know who his mom is though we have theories.
Old 05-26-2012, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

oh I know....but the Davids know who Jon's mom is, because they told GRR the correct answer when he asked them. I think it was one of the reasons he allowed to to move forward with the project in the first place.

I have a theory as well...do you?

All I am saying is that I am losing faith in the Davids...I know Battle of Blackwater will be awesome (it better be) because GRR wrote the eppy. Just like I hope he writes the Red Wedding episode. And I have my doubts about the house of undying...I just know that will be screwed up.

Old 05-30-2012, 09:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_gwyn View Post
oh I know....but the Davids know who Jon's mom is, because they told GRR the correct answer when he asked them. I think it was one of the reasons he allowed to to move forward with the project in the first place.

I have a theory as well...do you?
I've seen theories that Ned Stark isn't even really his father!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I've not read the books, but I think Robert Baratheon was Jon's real father.

In other news - Dany is a badass bitch. I just love her. And I'm starting to really enjoy Brianne (sp?) Still not nearly enough episodes. I'm hoping to buy myself a Kindle Fire soon, and then I will settle down and read these novels.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:45 PM
GreekChat Member

so....some good news about next season...

ASOS will be broken into 2 seasons....which is a good thing on two fronts...first off, we will get a bit more detail and also a chance for The Winds of Winter to be published...

Here is a brief list of casting for season 3 so far

Just in case you consider it a spoiler

– Mance Rayder: We’ve heard about him all season. A former member of the Night’s Watch who became the “King Beyond the Wall,” the leader of the Wildlings.
– Daario Naharis: A confident and seductive warrior.
– Jojen Reed; Meera Reed: A teenage brother and sister duo with special insights.
– Edmure Tully: A brash young member of the Tully family.
– Ser Brynden Tully (The Blackfish): Catelyn Stark’s uncle.
– Lady Selyse Florent: Stannis Baratheon’s wife.
– Shireen: Stannis’ daughter.
– Olenna Redwyne (The Queen of Thorns): Margaery Tyrell’s sharp-witted grandmother.
– Beric Dondarrion: A skilled knight who is the leader of the outlaw group Brotherhood Without Banners.
– Thoros of Myr: A red priest who follows the same religion as Melisandre.
– Tormund Giantsbane: A Wildling raider.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
I've not read the books, but I think Robert Baratheon was Jon's real father.

In other news - Dany is a badass bitch. I just love her. And I'm starting to really enjoy Brianne (sp?) Still not nearly enough episodes. I'm hoping to buy myself a Kindle Fire soon, and then I will settle down and read these novels.
Let's talk after you finish the books

Old 06-04-2012, 12:35 PM
GreekChat Member

reading the books and haven't paid that much attention to the tv show, however; i was laid up with a sprained leg this weekend and caught up via the marathon on HBO Zone.

the show is cool but much too gory for my taste, i guess that's why i wasn't following at first. i literally had to press mute and/or shield my eyes during some scenes.

i GREATLY enjoy the books - the detail is amazing and things make so much more sense on the page. i will definitely be reading the entire series.
Old 06-04-2012, 04:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
In other news - Dany is a badass bitch. I just love her.
This is pretty much what I texted my fiance last night during the finale. He has read the books; I haven't and I'm not sure if I have the patience for that.

Did this season seem to go by slowly for anyone else? It was like the last 2 episodes had all of the action in them. I'm glad that the next book will be split into 2 seasons.
Old 06-04-2012, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Yes, it has to...A Storm of Swords is just way too dense to muddle it down to 20 hours....look at what happened to A Clash of Kings...there are plenty of book fans (most who are not purist) was just upset as how this season went down.

ACoK is Tyrion book and they really didn't feature that, well at least; in how much of a strategist he really was and how he took a hold of KL and whipped it into shape, saved KL (and almost the Blackwater) but was not given credit and Tywin comes in last minute (granted kicking ass and taking names) and given all the credit for the battle. As someone said in the book, Tyrion of all of Tywin's children...is actually his son.

As much as I loved the Maisie/Charles scenes, because the actors rocked it...that was not in the book, again...I'm pretty ok with that because it made sense and moved the story forward. And we got to see as viewers, great actors just acting their asses off and feeding each other. Ayra Stark is my favorite character and Maisie brings her to life.

I was happy with how they made some changes to Sansa, because it took me a while to really like her. I can't wait to see how Sansa's journey ends and I hope in a good way. I think I was having trouble "seeing" Sansa losing that innocence and fairy tale she had built into her head. Do not get me wrong, I've always had sympathy for the character, but I was having hard time actually seeing her shake it off and grow into herself until Sophie brought her to life. I'm very excited for ASOS/Seaons 3 & 4.

The CRAP!!!! beyond the wall/Jon's story was just CRAP and has pissed me off to no end...this is not the Jon Snow of the book and unless they make some changes pretty quickly, nothing that follows in the series will not make any sense.

I was not too happy with how they treated Dany and Qarth in the beginning. But as some pointed out to me, Dany in the book, did pretty much nothing, except at the end with the HOTU. I understand why they did not want to show most of the prophesies in the show, because spoilers, but doesn't make me any happier, cause I wanted to see that foreshadowing brought to life and some of that stuff is important, but they will address it as it comes into play...starting with Season 3 ::happy dance::

The other changes such as Robb and his war, that took place off book entirely and I can live with the changes, unless its revealed later, I can live with how they treated Robb's marriage.

As a visual Asha Greyjoy...Yara in the series, is not how I pictured her, but the actress Gemma Whelan, kicked all kinds of ass.

I liked the changes that took place in the winterfell storyline, especially now that I know the Reeds will be in Season 3. And I'm looking forward how this unfolds...the Ironborn ("What's dead may never die") and the Northmen.

Still not sure about "walking dead" at the end of the season finale, cause that didn't happen. But it was awesome.

If season 2 has at least 2 more hours, I think it would've benefited more, but sense I have read the books, I can't really go by a non-book reader mindset. I am not one of those purist who wants word-for-word from the book to the screen because "the Ds" need to put in their creativity, but some of the things they did to the essential basics of one of the main characters in the book, has me ranting and raving and pissed off.

ok I'm done

Old 08-07-2012, 12:08 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via AIM to moe.ron
Old 08-07-2012, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moe.ron View Post
FTW!