GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,431
0 members and 1,431 guests
No Members online

Old 07-03-2013, 10:06 AM
GreekChat Member

I'd hope an ordinary PNM would have enough common sense not to start insulting members of the groups she hopes to join!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-03-2013, 11:32 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
I'd hope an ordinary PNM would have enough common sense not to start insulting members of the groups she hopes to join!
Yep. The warnings/advice/threats/whatever didn't come because people disagreed with her. They came because of her rudeness towards people with whom she disagreed.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:37 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by UVA17 View Post
Wow, sucks to be some of you! All that bitterness must sting
Quote:
Wow, Dr. Phil. No offense, but you are one angry black person. Do you live in a place where you never have to run into white people? Or do you manage to swallow your hatred long enough to interact with them? Just askin.
Quote:
I see that you're typing a reply. What's taking so long? Googling American history? Thumbing through your thesaurus? lol
Quote:
I'm sorry, did I offend your delicate sensibilities, agzg? I guess I'm just expected to shut up and tow the party line. But I'll keep talking as long as you ridiculous fools keep bellyaching (or until I get bored, whichever comes first)
Quote:
I'm not a troll. You're just not used to people not jumping all over themselves apologizing for their alleged privilege. You'll get used to it. OR you could just ignore me, you know.

As for you Phil, your non-answer speaks volumes. And maybe someday I too can breathe the rarified air of an 11,000+ poster. I dare to dream

BTW, what line of work are you two in that you can sit at the computer all day attempting to trade barbs with an 18 year old? Is the Winn-Dixie that generous with its breaks?

This is kind of fun! Your turn
Quote:
LOL, you're not "feeding" me because you think I'm, as you put it, "fun". I obviously got under your skin or you wouldn't bother answering me. Just like I know you or your partners in persecution won't be able to resist replying or attempting to "put me in my place"

You are so pissed off at your life and your circumstances; so FREAKING glad I'm not you. It'd be funny if it weren't so sad. No, wait, it IS funny!
Quote:
Phil talks, and this is what the rest of us hear:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJyfozezSpI
Quote:
Oh Phil, Phil, Phil. You are such a closed-minded dolt. I'm making assumptions about your race? Maybe you're making assumptions about mine. But that can't be right, can it? Because anyone who doesn't tow the Official Persecuted Blacks has to be Miss Lily White 2013.

Maybe some people are just reared to work hard and succeed instead of rolling over and playing persecuted.

The Damon Wayans clip is comedy gold; if you honestly can't see yourself in it then you are deluded.

Still, I'm flattered that I'm on your mind
Quote:
Ah yes, calling attention to a typo. Last bastion of those who really don't have anything else to say.

Andrew Hacker? Already read it. Typical white apologist dribble. Am I supposed to listen to him on the basis of his whiteness? Hack, indeed
Quote:
That's the beauty of being able to pass for either when the mood strikes. And there are no doubt still books that could be written on what you don't know as a menopausal shrew.
Kevin, UVA17 didn't DISAGREE with board members; she just came out swinging with insults. She never made one coherent statement or took any position other than to insult and call names. I made a couple of comments (as did a few other GCers) to remind her that the internet is not as anonymous a place as an 18 year old might think. I certainly wouldn't interfere negatively with someone's recruitment. I think I've even gone on record somewhere her on GC that I wouldn't no rec a girl unless she was a felon or the like.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWTXBelle View Post
You do know this is GC, right?

All of my love, my peace, and happiness...I'm gonna give it to DELTA.
Old 07-04-2013, 02:55 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
Kevin, UVA17 didn't DISAGREE with board members; she just came out swinging with insults. She never made one coherent statement or took any position other than to insult and call names. I made a couple of comments (as did a few other GCers) to remind her that the internet is not as anonymous a place as an 18 year old might think. I certainly wouldn't interfere negatively with someone's recruitment. I think I've even gone on record somewhere her on GC that I wouldn't no rec a girl unless she was a felon or the like.
I completely agree with you. Sometimes what people call "thinly veiled threats" are warnings to wake up a PNM before she screws herself up. She can take it as a threat all she wants. We aren't the ones she should be afraid of...it's people from her school that may be lurking. She isn't the first and won't be the last PNM with Internet bravado to think that the anonymity of a username would protect her from bad behavior on the Internet. We hate to see people have bad outcomes even if it's because of their own doing. The people warning this PNM aren't the type of people that go running to hunt down PNMs, but we've all seen it happen and would like to stop it before it gets to that point.

AOII

One Motto, One Badge, One Bond and Singleness of Heart!

Old 07-05-2013, 10:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Alleged plot to extort Paula Deen exposed:

http://www.today.com/food/alleged-pl...est-6C10551940

@~/~~~~
Old 07-05-2013, 10:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASTalumna06 View Post
Alleged plot to extort Paula Deen exposed:

http://www.today.com/food/alleged-pl...est-6C10551940
And here's dude's facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/thomas.paculis

I love when I google people in the news and it pays off!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:27 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amIblue? View Post
I cannot believe that there is any possibility that UVA17 is really a PNM. "She" doesn't write or express herself like any teenager that I have ever come into contact with. "She" has revealed way, way, way too much personal information for any of it to be real. This person is clearly an adult, and one that I think has been on GC for quite a while.
Old 07-06-2013, 12:40 AM
Banned

Paula Deen is getting her ass kicked, some of it fairly and some of it unfairly.

I thought something seemed non-teen and non-PNM about certain things UVA17 typed. And it is way too GC Race War Cliche' for a self-proclaimed biracial PNM who can pass for (insert race) to come here acting silly.

I just hope that other biracial PNM (what's the username?) who started a thread about wanting to fit in isn't also a sockpuppet. That other PNM seems cool.

Last edited by DrPhil; 07-06-2013 at 01:04 AM.
Old 07-06-2013, 02:36 AM
GreekChat Member

We have to get a like button for this site.
Old 07-06-2013, 07:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetalady View Post
I cannot believe that there is any possibility that UVA17 is really a PNM. "She" doesn't write or express herself like any teenager that I have ever come into contact with. "She" has revealed way, way, way too much personal information for any of it to be real. This person is clearly an adult, and one that I think has been on GC for quite a while.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrPhil View Post
I thought something seemed non-teen and non-PNM about certain things UVA17 typed. And it is way too GC Race War Cliche' for a self-proclaimed biracial PNM who can pass for (insert race) to come here acting silly.
I've had the same suspicions. But the fact that she registered and asked the ribboning question months ago seemed to suggest maybe she's for real. I dunno.

Quote:
I just hope that other biracial PNM (what's the username?) who started a thread about wanting to fit in isn't also a sockpuppet. That other PNM seems cool.
I don't get a sock puppet vibe from her.
Old 07-06-2013, 08:56 AM
GreekChat Member

UVA17 (age aside) is annoying. And that's that. Not even worthy of a mosquito label. Just annoying. The "menopausal shrew" crack tipped it for me. Although the uninformed comment about Andrew Hacker was amusing. The immaturity came through in her posts. Reason I lean towards her teen status is the typos, suggesting that she uses a phone for all her written communication, and is too lazy to catch and correct errors/mistakes (or didn't care, or didn't know). She did disappear after she was courteously warned that she'd crossed several lines... whatever.

The other PNM seems genuine, and I hope she has a successful recruitment and a positive membership experience.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity

Last edited by AZTheta; 07-06-2013 at 09:13 AM.
Old 07-25-2013, 02:26 PM
Banned

Paula Deen's longtime cook: 'She didn't treat me fairly'
Old 09-16-2013, 08:07 AM
Banned

Paula Deen welcomed back in Texas.

http://abcnews.go.com/m/story?id=202....google.com%2F
Old 04-04-2014, 01:54 PM
GreekChat Member

Paula Deen closes restaurant:

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireSto...loses-23186187

@~/~~~~