GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,124
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, znathanhulzeo24
» Online Users: 1,281
0 members and 1,281 guests
No Members online

Old 09-02-2011, 03:28 PM

Chapter Presidents' Badges

Are there any organizations where the chapter President's badge is distinct from the badges of the other members? Like maybe bigger or, well, blingier? Also, I think I remember hearing that one of the NPC sororities gives its chapter presidents a ring as a sign of her office? If that's true, does anyone have a picture to post? I'm curious to see what it would look like. Thanks!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:06 PM
GreekChat Member

For Tri Delta, at least in my chapter, the president's pin is owned by the chapter and is lent for the current president to wear during her term. Our chapter's president's pin was a gift from executive office (or maybe the foundation?) when we were chartered so I'd assume each chapter's president's badge is a bit different as the years have gone by.

It is a bit larger, flatter and with blue stones compared to the standard badge.

Standard badge:

Couldn't find a picture of my chapter's president's badge, but it is similar to the Field Consultant badge:
Old 09-02-2011, 07:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GolfersLady View Post
For Tri Delta, at least in my chapter, the president's pin is owned by the chapter and is lent for the current president to wear during her term. Our chapter's president's pin was a gift from executive office (or maybe the foundation?) when we were chartered so I'd assume each chapter's president's badge is a bit different as the years have gone by.

It is a bit larger, flatter and with blue stones compared to the standard badge.

Standard badge:

Couldn't find a picture of my chapter's president's badge, but it is similar to the Field Consultant badge:
The president, Risk Management, Member Development and New Member Educators from every chapter were present at RLC this past February, and I met several presidents from single letter chapters. It seemed to me that the older the chapter, the older the president's badge, because the president of what I think was our Epsilon chapter had a badge that looked similar to the badge on the right.

It was massive, had opals up the crescent, and had opals in the stars, if I'm correct. I was stunned by how unique it was, and when I asked her about the badge, she said that it was a founding sister of their chapter's badge!
Old 09-03-2011, 09:53 PM
GreekChat Member

When I was president, I wore a badge that was a mixture of the two below. It was larger and flatter than the regular badge. It was chased like the first one with a chased chapter letters guard and a gavel dangle. It had opals like the second one below, but they were smaller going up the sides of the crescent. The three stars had larger opals. I think mine had white enameled letters, but I'm not 100% certain of that. I was told it was a copy of an early badge, but I don't remember the details now.

I had a lovely yellow cable knit sweater that it looked especially beautiful on. The opals just glowed against the yellow sweater.

I wore that badge all the time for almost two years, but don't have a single close up shot of it.

I'm not a terribly materialistic person, but man. I loved that badge.

Quote:

Standard badge:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaEmi88 View Post
The president, Risk Management, Member Development and New Member Educators from every chapter were present at RLC this past February, and I met several presidents from single letter chapters. It seemed to me that the older the chapter, the older the president's badge, because the president of what I think was our Epsilon chapter had a badge that looked similar to the badge on the right.

It was massive, had opals up the crescent, and had opals in the stars, if I'm correct. I was stunned by how unique it was, and when I asked her about the badge, she said that it was a founding sister of their chapter's badge!

My recruitment story: My sorority membership changed my life.
Old 09-04-2011, 10:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriDeltaSallie View Post
When I was president, I wore a badge that was a mixture of the two below. It was larger and flatter than the regular badge. It was chased like the first one with a chased chapter letters guard and a gavel dangle. It had opals like the second one below, but they were smaller going up the sides of the crescent. The three stars had larger opals. I think mine had white enameled letters, but I'm not 100% certain of that. I was told it was a copy of an early badge, but I don't remember the details now.

I had a lovely yellow cable knit sweater that it looked especially beautiful on. The opals just glowed against the yellow sweater.

I wore that badge all the time for almost two years, but don't have a single close up shot of it.

I'm not a terribly materialistic person, but man. I loved that badge.

OPAL BADGE!!!!!!!!!!! want
Old 09-06-2011, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

No special chapter president's badge for us. As I've noted in the Badge Trends thread, the jewels on our badge are standardized and the only option we have is in the quality of the gold, so design-wise, we all wear the same badge.
Old 03-05-2013, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

Our International President has a larger ADPi pin, with diamonds. TWO rows of diamonds. I'm convinced it's purpose is to mesmerize we lesser mortals into doing her will!
Old 09-06-2011, 04:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to goldendelta
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaEmi88 View Post
This is true. I come from an older chapter (just turned 100 this past June!) and we have a beautiful older president's badge. It is larger than the member's badge, flat, has emeralds instead of pearls and 3 small pearls on each side of the moon tips. It also has a chapter guard with emeralds and the president's gavel dangle. On the reverse side it says PRESIDENT ALPHA ALPHA. I wish I had a picture of it. There was also a President's ring but it went missing when we moved offices.

Life Loyal
Old 09-03-2011, 03:01 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Thanks for posting these photos! My chapter is new (within the last ten years) so our president's badge is on the more modest side.
I'm in the same boat as you! I probably wouldn't have known about the really old president's badges had I not gone to RLC, actually!
Old 09-02-2011, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I know Alpha Phi Presidents have a special badge. As far as KD goes, like many sororities, there is a presidents ring, but either you buy it (and get to keep it forever, which is what i did) or some kd chapters have one that belongs to the chapter and it is passed on to the president each year.

http://www.hjgreek.com/index.cfm?eve...roduct_ID=9012 i have the white gold, and I LOVE IT.

ETA: The ring was my gift from my mother for my 21st birthday, which was just two weeks after I was elected

Last edited by katydidKD; 09-02-2011 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:08 PM
GreekChat Member

This is Theta Phi Alpha's member badge:

And here is the Chapter President Badge:

Θ Φ Α

Old 09-02-2011, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

My chapter had a president's badge that was donated to the chapter by an alumna. It was the standard SK badge but the gems were all opals. Unfortunately, badge has gone missing. Several of us have a good idea what happened to it...
Old 09-02-2011, 06:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
My chapter had a president's badge that was donated to the chapter by an alumna. It was the standard SK badge but the gems were all opals. Unfortunately, badge has gone missing. Several of us have a good idea what happened to it...
...president that didn't want to part ways with it?

ETA: My chapter also had a president pass-down badge, yellow gold with all emeralds. I personally never liked it and never used it (preferred my own). A KD Chapter nearby passes down a beautiful all diamond white gold badge (saw it myself, stunning).

Last edited by katydidKD; 09-02-2011 at 06:14 PM.
Old 09-02-2011, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianaSigKap View Post
A Sigma Kappa badge with opals? Tell me you have a picture! I'd love to see it, and so would all of the other opal addicts on the badge trends thread!
Old 09-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Super Moderator

The SAE Chapter President's badge is actually the original design of the badge. The current members badge can be viewed here, and the president's badge can be viewed here. The website doesn't really give any perspective as to the difference in size, but the members badge is consistent with the size of most GLO member badges and the president's badge is substantially larger, on the order of an inch and a half along the long axis, if memory serves.