GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,484
0 members and 1,484 guests
No Members online

Old 02-08-2012, 12:13 AM
GreekChat Member

Honey you looked beautiful, I don't know what you're talking about. You and your DH look so cute and happy. I love the story about your sisters coming to your rescue. I loved your colors (I do love me some blue and white) and you just looked so radiant and happy. Congratulations!
Old 02-08-2012, 11:20 AM
GreekChat Member

Oh Honey, you look so happy! I was wondering how it went - and did you get the condo you love?
Old 02-08-2012, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you, everyone! We haven't bought the condo yet, as I haven't been able to sell my house yet. A friend who couldn't make it made the snowflake favors & chinese fortune cookies.

If you look at the pictures of me at the hospital, you can see where the veil was supposed to be. I wasn't really into wearing one, but I have a big burn scar on my back, and I wanted to hide it. I had two small plaits of hair meet at the nape of my neck, and that's where it was to be. When I got back to the church, the bridesmaids grabbed me (while I was taking off my sneakers!) and the veil went much higher. It was pretty surreal, being told that it was time to move and not feeling completely put together!

You can find an explanation of the Cord of Three Strands here. We have ours hanging up in a frame.

I'm sure I'm leaving out a lot...

Last edited by honeychile; 02-08-2012 at 01:28 PM.
Old 02-08-2012, 09:48 PM
GreekChat Member

Honeychile,
I loved your cake & the smilie cookies. Your flowers were beautiful- very different and bright. It was a lovely wedding!
Old 02-09-2012, 04:08 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you especially about the flowers! Our florist let us know on TUESDAY that she couldn't do the flowers for Saturday, so on the way to Illinois, I stopped off at my favorite discount craft store and bought the flowers. One of the bridesmaids & I put them together on Friday - along with the centerpieces. By 7:30 pm that night, I decided to order the boutinnieres & the wrist corsage for my MIL from a florist!
Old 02-22-2012, 11:09 PM

Michael Buble's wedding to Luisana Lopilato.

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-08-2012, 07:55 PM
GreekChat Member

For those of you who didn't see in D&R Random, I'm engaged.

We've decided it's going to be at least a year until the wedding- I graduate in May, he follows in December, so that gives us both some time to take a deep breath before the next big thing. And, it gives me time to focus on graduating vs. planning a wedding & graduating.

I had no idea what a headache figuring out where to do this shindig would be... My first inclination was to do it in the city where we go to school, and where we plan on living for the next few years. I don't particularly want to do it in my hometown (despite tradition), because I have so few ties there anymore. My mom would love a destination wedding so there would be less planning. My guy first suggested doing it in his hometown (only an hour away, fairly easy to commute to for planning weekends & our local friends), but I don't know. Too many options!

"Together, Let Us Seek the Heights"

I <3 My KΣ
Old 03-08-2012, 08:20 PM

^^^I'm all about destinations.

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-08-2012, 10:30 PM
GreekChat Member

I did a destination wedding. It was awesome! It made sense for my husband and me because all of our family lives out of town.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Congratulations on your engagement!

Take some time to talk all of your options out with your fiance and family; don't feel pressured to get married within a year of your engagement. Destination weddings can be amazing and you can honeymoon right after Set your budget as soon as you have a location in mind.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:12 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to lovespink88
Sigh....I sent email follow ups to all my vendors to see if there are any other meetings I will need to set up before the wedding. I knew there was at least one with each at some point before the wedding, I just wanted to figure out timing. I emailed a week ago, but didn't hear a THING from my photographer. I sent a follow up to them yesterday and here's a snippet of the response I got today:

"My name is *name removed*. I'm the new owner / manager at *name of studio* in *suburb*. I have operated our *other suburb* studio for the past 20+ years.

Both *old manager* and *other employee* have resigned this past friday from working in the studio full time. "

What do you MEAN they BOTH resigned on Friday? Multiple employees don't just leave jobs at the same time! Is there something terrible about this company to make two people leave together? Were they actually both fired because they were shitty? Is my contract going to be okay? Will the new guy have all the details?

It's a never ending adventure. I just want to have pretty pictures

ETA: The email does say that that they are still "consulting during the transition"....but still!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by lovespink88; 03-11-2012 at 11:17 AM.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:31 PM

^^^Uh oh. I'd be careful with this.

I tend to think that photography is the most important vendor (my opinion: the day is eventually over and your photos are the memories) so I would definitely be wary (and prepared to maybe break the contract and look elsewhere if need be.)

Lakers Nation.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:36 PM
GreekChat Member

^ I am also of the opinion that photography is the most important vendor to have because of the reasons listed above.
I would start shopping around now (just in case!) because there are oh so many vendors in the Chicagoland area for you to choose from. I'd try to find a owner/operator type of business given your timeline and current issue.
Old 03-11-2012, 12:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Yep, this is a very important one to me. I'm just SO surprised because they seemed so great! Definitely didn't see this one coming. Maybe I'm reading too much into it? Maybe things are much more in control and I'm assuming the worst? (which wouldn't be a stretch for me, heh.)

Oh, and to clarify my actual photographer is still there...it's just the manager that left.

I've been doing some research and I'm a little bit comforted by the fact that the other suburban studio (where the new manager is the head manager) has LOTS of good reviews. But until I get on the phone with this guy and can walk through all the details of my contract, I'm not going to feel 100% confident in this.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Starting to search for transportation vendors, I just HAD to LOL at this one. This is part of an email I received:

Congratulations on your engagement! We get you question allot and the only time we can split time is for a time split of over 3 hours. If you are going to splitting time for over 3 hours then we can plsit time for you. Otherwsie we cannot send the vehicle for another service. We do have ab great rates on our services although and we do price match our quality competitors as well. We are alos offering a $100 discount for anyone that books this week as well.

So much for first impressions? How do you make that many blatant typos during your first contact with a potential customer? Needless to say, I just hit the delete button. There's lots of other limo services in Chicago.