GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 998
1 members and 997 guests
No Members online

Old 05-13-2016, 12:55 PM
GreekChat Member

Exclamation An Almost Junior (Transfer) wanting to rush! But unsure? Arizona State University

Hi everyone!

I guess you could call me a PNM? I'm going to be transferring to Arizona State University (ASU), in the Fall semester of 2016. I'm very excited as I'm moving from out of state. I have always wanted to join a sorority and really want to do so when I get there!

However, I am worried about a few things...
1. My GPA is average. Due to some health/personal issues last semester, my grades suffered a bit, and my GPA is going to be around a 2.95 maybe a 3.0

2. I'm 20 years old, and transferring in as a sophomore (maybe a junior if all of my credits transfer.)

Because of those two things, I'm a bit worried about trying to rush in the Fall. I'm so interested in having a sisterhood bond, doing anything with philanthropy, and the social events as well! I'm a really social person and feel that ASU and the sororities that I've looked over (which is all of them) would be great for me.

Although I've looked at greekranking's I do know that they are very skewed. I did go to a university my freshman year. I then went back home to attend community college. So, I kept in touch with many friends, most of whom were in sororities. They actually have the particular chapter at ASU of one the sororities most of my friend were in... so I'm a tad biased to it!

Anyhow, I am very open minded to joining any chapter because I know it's all about the fit and how comfortable you'll be with them.

If anyone could give me any tips, and or tell me if I'd have better chances waiting until Spring when my GPA is higher... or if my chances will be low because I'm not a freshman, let me know!

Thanks everyone!
-Linds

Last edited by skysthelimit; 05-13-2016 at 01:10 PM.
Old 05-13-2016, 01:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Hi skysthelimit. Congratulations on your acceptance to ASU! Glad to see that you've caught on that Greek Rank is skewed and not an accurate portrayal of the various chapters at that university. Keeping an open mind and heart during the process is a wise decision.

There is a sorority recruitment forum here that I would suggest reading. There are threads that specifically discuss recruitment as a junior and GPAs. Also if you try a search for ASU recruitment you might be able to find specific information for their recruitment period. Your might need to move to the end pages of the thread to find the more recent information.

Good luck and I hope that you find a group that you bond with in the next few months.
Old 05-13-2016, 02:36 PM
GreekChat Member

Thanks for your reply! I contacted their Greek Life office and was able to get some of my questions answered!

Hopefully someone from ASU will see this and can tell me more about it!
Old 05-13-2016, 03:14 PM
GreekChat Member

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=212149

Hi I found this thread from 2015 which might answer some additional questions for you and provides you with the names of ASU affiliated members at this site. Good luck.
Old 05-17-2016, 06:08 PM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
I wrote a Rec for a young lady who transferred to ASU from UNLV as a junior. Happy to say she found her home
Old 05-17-2016, 07:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jill1228 View Post
I wrote a Rec for a young lady who transferred to ASU from UNLV as a junior. Happy to say she found her home
This warms my transfer gal heart. I was a transfer and joined as a junior. Though my school is in the southeast, the Greek system wasn't mega competitive.

Let us know how rush goes!