GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,125
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, PiperJarma
» Online Users: 1,698
2 members and 1,696 guests
Overthinker, Sister Havana

Old 06-28-2012, 08:05 PM
GreekChat Member

Hazing?

Last edited by sarajean94; 07-10-2012 at 10:20 PM.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:12 PM
GreekChat Member

"(None that actually happened at my house)" - What does this mean if you're not in a sorority yet?

Oh for the love... In my opinion, if anyone tells you that they personally were hazed like this and then they did nothing about it, they're lying, delusional, or both.

All national sororities (NPC) have strict anti-hazing rules, not to mention it's straight up illegal. Groups have a lot to lose by hazing. If you just say no to a hazing incident, then consider yourself smart and lucky. Why would you want to be a sister with people who would treat you that way?
Old 06-28-2012, 08:23 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
"(None that actually happened at my house)" - What does this mean if you're not in a sorority yet?

Oh for the love... In my opinion, if anyone tells you that they personally were hazed like this and then they did nothing about it, they're lying, delusional, or both.

All national sororities (NPC) have strict anti-hazing rules, not to mention it's straight up illegal. Groups have a lot to lose by hazing. If you just say no to a hazing incident, then consider yourself smart and lucky. Why would you want to be a sister with people who would treat you that way?
Crap - I'm so sorry! I meant to say my university!
Haha, typo.. I was saying that the stories I've heard happened at colleges other than the one I am attending.

I agree with you about the I wouldn't wanna be a sister with someone who treated me at all poorly. I'm just nervous is all.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:32 PM
GreekChat Member

I won't lie to you and say that hazing never happens, but you're probably freaking out over nothing. And if anyone tries to make you do something you don't want to do, then walk away.

I was never hazed and I don't know anyone who experienced what you've described. Just relax and enjoy recruitment.

@~/~~~~
Old 06-28-2012, 10:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Do not worry about this. You have been watching too many made- for- tv movies.

And, as was stayed above, you walk away from anything that makes you uncomfortable.
Old 06-28-2012, 10:56 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishLake View Post
What smells like Under the Bridge Troll?
Old 06-28-2012, 10:57 PM
GreekChat Member

I was totally freaked about hazing when I was a "pledge" back in 1984. I had a whole list of things that I would not tolerate and that I promised myself would make me walk away. I cried the afternoon of our "Inspiration Eve" because I had grown to love these women and was going to be so sad that I would have to go my separate way when they tried to haze me that night. Well, they never did any of the things on my silly list. If they had, I would have walked away. But I didn't have to. I laugh now at how freaked out I was!
Old 06-28-2012, 10:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryPoppins View Post
What smells like Under the Bridge Troll?
If you read what I stated earlier, you'd realize that I made a typo. Sorry about that.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:00 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
I was totally freaked about hazing when I was a "pledge" back in 1984. I had a whole list of things that I would not tolerate and that I promised myself would make me walk away. I cried the afternoon of our "Inspiration Eve" because I had grown to love these women and was going to be so sad that I would have to go my separate way when they tried to haze me that night. Well, they never did any of the things on my silly list. If they had, I would have walked away. But I didn't have to. I laugh now at how freaked out I was!
That makes me feel so much better! I guess I'm just freaking myself out a little too much.