GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,450
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, zluspitt7200
» Online Users: 2,316
1 members and 2,315 guests
Cookiez17

Old 07-10-2009, 06:52 PM
GreekChat Member

University of Arizona's Soroity Recruitment help!!!!

So I just signed up for the Sorority Recruitment for U of A but I am so lost. It says i move in on Aug. 16th and then everything starts on the 18th or 19th but I don't really know what is involved with the whole recruitment stuff. What should i expect? What should i wear?

I'm so excited and nervous. I just don't want to come completely unprepared.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-10-2009, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

This thread is from last year but probably still relevant.

http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ersity+Arizona
Old 07-10-2009, 07:16 PM
GreekChat Member

read the threads that are stickied to the top of the recruitment forums and do a search.
Old 07-10-2009, 07:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Basically some key things to remember about recruitment are:
-Look your best all of the days
-Keep a very open mind
-Don't take yourself too seriously
and lastly, just have fun with it. no matter what the outcome is recruitment is a great experience!

Good luck!
Old 07-11-2009, 01:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lslyker89 View Post
So I just signed up for the Sorority Recruitment for U of A but I am so lost. It says i move in on Aug. 16th and then everything starts on the 18th or 19th but I don't really know what is involved with the whole recruitment stuff. What should i expect? What should i wear?

I'm so excited and nervous. I just don't want to come completely unprepared.
Set 1: (2 days) you will visit all the houses on campus. The attire will be casual, as the sororities will be dressed casual. Wear comfortable walking shoes! During these two days you will visit all 11 houses on campus. Thankfully now the houses are all on 1st Ave and 2nd St (I think that is the name of the street in front of the parking structure).

Set 2: Philanthropy Day, you will only visit a maximum of 8 houses. The attire is still casual, but a bit more dressy. I would suggest a sundress. Still wear comfy shoes (like comfy sandles).

Set 3: Theme Day, you will only visit a maximum of 5 houses. Still casual yet dressy. LOL. I would again recommend a sundress. Again, comfy shoes are important (seeing a theme here with the comfy shoes ). You will get house tours this day as well.

Set 4: Preference Night. You will only visit a maximum of 3 houses. This is a more formal event. You will want to wear a cocktail dress or a semi-formal. You will also want to wear appropriate heels or flats this night as well. But bring a pair of like flip flops to change into to walk between house to house.

Bid Day: Another casual day. Wear shorts, jeans, skirts. Wear a tank top as your new sorority will give you a bid day t-shirt to change into to take bid day pictures.

As for what to expect, expect a lot of girls to go through recruitment. I thought someone said that there were about 1000 girls going through last year. Anyone know?

Expect for it to be HOT, HOT, HOT!!!!! Bring sunscreen!!!! Wear lots of sunscreen!!!! Bring lots and lots of water. Keep yourself hydrated.

Most importantly....

Go into recruitment with an open mind!!!!! I cannot stress that enough. Heck everyone on GC can't stress that enough

No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." Eleanor Roosevelt
Old 07-11-2009, 04:02 AM
GreekChat Member

omg thank you sooo much that was super helpful!!
Old 07-11-2009, 04:09 AM
GreekChat Member

agzg thank you too. i do have a question about the recommendation letters. do i just get a letter from anyone or does it have to be someone from that specific sorority?
Old 07-11-2009, 07:51 AM
GreekChat Member

ABC chapter will only accept Recs from ABC alums, XYZ chapter from XYZ alums, and so on. Each org has it's own form to be filled out. An alum should be able to find it on her I/nat'l org's website or in her org's magazine. Recs should be mailed to the chapter, not to the PNM nor to the Panhellenic.
Old 07-11-2009, 04:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to GatorDG
Scroll down on this page and in the left under the "Recruitment" section.

https://orgsync.com/an
Old 07-11-2009, 10:39 PM
GreekChat Member

the first step is to transfer to ASU.

Did you know if you watch jaws backwards, its a movie about a shark that throws up so many people that they have to build a beach?
Old 07-12-2009, 12:50 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufio View Post
the first step is to thank God you were smart enough not to go to ASU.
Rufio, I fixed your post for you.

Lslyker89, recruitment is very competitive here, a lot more competitive than most people on the outside realize. Just because it isn't Ole Miss or Bama doesn't mean that it isn't brutal. Please make sure to get at least one rec for each house, and work very hard to get them now since you are pretty behind if you don't have them.
Old 07-12-2009, 01:39 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_down View Post

Lslyker89, recruitment is very competitive here, a lot more competitive than most people on the outside realize. Just because it isn't Ole Miss or Bama doesn't mean that it isn't brutal. Please make sure to get at least one rec for each house, and work very hard to get them now since you are pretty behind if you don't have them.
Nice post bear_down! Very true!

If I remember correctly from what I was being told (but please don't take my word for it ), we were brought back early because the houses were making quota (maybe quota plus) and they needed another house because so many girls were going bidless.

Now that you've registered for recruitment you should get a book telling you all about recruitment. This will include guidelines, clothing options, fees (for the houses). The website has last years book online.

Old 07-12-2009, 02:21 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASUADPi View Post
Nice post bear_down! Very true!

If I remember correctly from what I was being told (but please don't take my word for it ), we were brought back early because the houses were making quota (maybe quota plus) and they needed another house because so many girls were going bidless.
I would guess there might be three chapters that still struggle with quota mostly because many women drop out if certain houses don't invite them back. Or maybe they just die from the heat during recruitment so they never sign a bid. Remember, we just lost a chapter this spring due to its numbers issues and it is ADPi's first formal after their re-colonization. We are back down to 11 sororities. So it ought to be an interesting year.
Old 07-12-2009, 03:26 PM
GreekChat Member

what chapter was lost inthe spring? I'm sure things are working out better thanks to the new release system (although in reality it's not that new, it's been in effect for like 3 years )

Old 07-12-2009, 05:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bear_down View Post
Lol, the sweet smell of rivalry.

Did you know if you watch jaws backwards, its a movie about a shark that throws up so many people that they have to build a beach?