GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,417
0 members and 1,417 guests
No Members online

Old 01-19-2008, 05:32 PM
GreekChat Member

BGLO

I would like to pledge a BLGO. I have done research, have a good GPA, have community service, have my reasons for wanting this so badly, and know a few members. I began attending events in December. This organization is going to have a line this Spring. A friend who is hoping to make line this semester, told me most of the girls have been attending events for about a year now. I was wondering if it would be looked down upon by members of the sorority to attend RUSH/Informational that will be held this month? All advice is appreciated!!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-19-2008, 05:40 PM
Unregistered-

Visit the official website of the sorority you are interested in.

Read the forum's important announcements in the sorority's forum.

Don't bother asking questions about intake online. You will be instructed to do the first things I posted above. Membership questions are not answered on Greekchat, and, at times may generate negative responses by those already in the organization.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:46 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for your help. I have been visiting the official website. I will look for the organization's forum on here. I wanted to attend the Rush/Informational this month. It is coming up soon, but I didn't want to disrespect the organization by showing up to their RUSH although I have not attended as many events as the other girls.
Old 01-19-2008, 05:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Your concern is an honest one. There is no official standard or requirement. It is subjective and will be based on how the members on your campus feel about it.

You know a few members so get off the internet and tactfully talk to them about it.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Thank you! I do know a few members, but not as well as I could. I am also not sure exactly when the RUSH/Informational will be, but it will be coming up after an event I plan on attending, so I have heard. How could I go about asking about this topic without being looked down upon? Also, I talked with someone with hopes of being on-line this semester. She mentioned they had already turned in transcripts, etc. and that for this reason she does not know if I should go to the Informational. Thank you again for all of your help!
Old 01-19-2008, 06:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Please go away now.

(This is why we don't answer questions sometimes and I should've left it at OTW's generic response.)
Old 01-19-2008, 06:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I didnt realize asking that question would be a big deal. It seems as though a lot of people are willing to help, without a problem, as long as I am not disrespecting anyone or the organization.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_sims20 View Post
It seems as though a lot of people are willing to help, without a problem, as long as I am not disrespecting anyone or the organization.

Right and I suggested that you log off and talk to those people. Figure out how to do so.
Old 01-19-2008, 06:21 PM
GreekChat Member

lol im trying to do so on my own before messing anything up before i have even started anything... thats why i am here, seeking advice. i guess i figured some help is needed, and doing something like this was my way of "doing it on my own" with some help from people who were once in my position. but i do appreciate the help you have given! thanks
Old 01-19-2008, 07:03 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
She mentioned they had already turned in transcripts, etc. and that for this reason she does not know if I should go to the Informational. Thank you again for all of your help!
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!
Old 01-19-2008, 07:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I have a more specific question and I mean no disrespect to anyone at all and if you can not answer, thats cool too. This was actually what I was trying to ask in the beginning but didn't know how to word it. The organization knows that I am interested in their organization already. With the information I have given before, at the beginning of this thread. I am wondering if I should go to the informational and show that I am interested or should I not go in order to prevent being disrespectful. Thank you
Old 01-19-2008, 07:07 PM
GreekChat Member

I missed that part LG. Ouch
Old 01-19-2008, 07:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I have a more specific question and I mean no disrespect to anyone at all and if you can not answer, thats cool too. This was actually what I was trying to ask in the beginning but didn't know how to word it. The organization knows that I am interested in their organization already. With the information I have given before, at the beginning of this thread. I am wondering if I should go to the informational and show that I am interested or should I not go in order to prevent being disrespectful. Thank you
DSTCHAOS was answering your questions the best that we can via the internet. In other words WE CAN NOT tell you what you should do. Since you know people go ask them.
Old 01-19-2008, 07:10 PM
GreekChat Member

ok, thanks!
Old 01-19-2008, 07:14 PM
GreekChat Member

The RUSH is where your questions will be answered.
Reaffirmed: Glen Ellyn Area Alumnae
All in the MIGHTY MIDWEST REGION!