GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Alumnae Initiation

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,348
0 members and 1,348 guests
No Members online

Old 05-08-2005, 07:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to polarpi
Congrats, Lake! We're all so excited for you!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 05-08-2005, 10:08 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
YAY! Congrats to Lake!
Old 05-08-2005, 11:01 PM
GreekChat Member

Lake, I hope your intiation went amazingly! Did you do lots of fun stuff with your new sisters to celebrate afterwards?
Old 05-09-2005, 03:55 AM

Send a message via AIM to Jill1228
Thumbs up

Congrats on your initiation!
Old 05-11-2005, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

It's official...I'm a Tri Delta!!

Hello all, I'm back from my initiation!! Thanks for all your well wishes...it was wonderful, beautiful, amazing, and something I'll remember for the rest of my life! The Tri Delta Ritual is so beautiful!

I was sooooo unbelievably nervous! I was more nervous than I ever expected to be. That kind of surprised me. But the women were so gracious and wonderful and friendly...just like I remember the Tri Deltas I met back in the day. They are simply the most wonderful women and I'm so glad to be their sister. I'm really looking forward to working with them.

My excitement and enthusiasm was dampened somewhat on the way back home. I got FOOD poisoning on the way back home, and it was horrible!! I have not been that sick in years. Remember...I was initiated at a Colorado chapter and drove there from Minnesota. I rented a car (because I love to drive, under normal circumstances) but this time it was almost like a nightmare. I had to keep stopping every couple hours or more to rest or be sick, and it felt like I'd never get home!

I'm feeling a little bit stronger today (almost three days later!) and am once again basking in the joy that an almost 15-year journey has turned a corner and I'll be able to contribute as an alum to the most fabulous group of women I've ever known!! Illness or anything else CANNOT take that away from me, ever!!
Old 05-11-2005, 03:00 PM
GreekChat Member

WOO HOO Lake

Isn't it so cool that you get to be a part of something that was written over a 100 years ago and all the women before have made the same vows?

That is just so mind blowing to me.

I am so happy for you.

DO NOT be a stranger......

once again congratulations on becoming (something that you always were) a Delta Delta Delta

The edit button has become my new best friend
Old 05-11-2005, 03:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Cool

lake, I am sure as you said, being sick did dampen the thrill that you experienced.
But, isnt it a very warm feeling to know that you are now in a much larger Group of Great Ladies.

It is fantastic that you would drive so far for an Special occasion such as this.

There will now be a new world opening up for you with thousands of New Friends and Sisters.

Congratulations To You and The Sisters of Tri Delta!

Do you still get a silly grin on your face when you look in the mirror?

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Old 05-11-2005, 08:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to trojangal
Lake,

Congratulations! I am so proud of you and your initiation into Tri-Delta. I saw a friend of mine this week who is a Tri Delta and told her that you were being initiated!

Enjoy the love and friendship of your new sisters and your work with the lovely ladies of Tri Delta!

Lots of hugs from the 'Ham.

Membership in a sorority brings pride and responsibility. Let your actions reflect the same.
CAB, Delta Eta, University of South Florida
Old 05-13-2005, 05:31 AM
Banned

Lake:

Congratulations on your initiation! What a shame you got so sick on your way home.. but just think how lucky you are that you weren't sick during the ceremony!

I'm so happy for you, and best wishes for a wonderful lifetime filled with many happy memories with your new sisters!
Old 12-01-2007, 11:16 PM
GreekChat Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by lake View Post

I returned from a trip out of town tonight and found the following e-mail message waiting for me [I did some editing of the message to protect the privacy of the group until I have an initiation date set in stone!!]:

"Lori congratulations, the Executive Board has approved you for membership...JS sent a recommendation to me on your behalf. CS will be sending you a letter advising of fees etc. Please confirm if you want to be initiated...in April? That would work out nicely based on where you live and when you relocate, you can join the local alumna chapter. Let me know and I will get initiation set up for you. Congratulations to you. JS thank you for all your help.

DL
AI chairman"

I am absolutely stunned....and overwhelmed...and deliriously overjoyed...and speechless...I just can't believe it!! I'm so tired from my trip and keep pinching myself to make sure I'm not really asleep and dreaming this. I've been pursuing this almost five years, and wondered if this day would ever come. I feel as though a missing piece in my life has finally fallen into place.

I feel I owe a huge debt of gratitude to everyone on this forum. Discovering this forum last fall inspired me to pursue AI full-force again.

I need one last piece of advice: I'm planning to send thank yous to the two women who helped me. Should I also send thank yous to the Exec Board?

I feel like I'm rambling, so I'll sign off for now. And ohhhhh...let me know if you guys are interested at all in eventually learning who "XYZ" is...if not that's fine I don't have to tell.
I didn't know you were an alumna initatiate! That is AMAZING As soon as I saw DL I knew it was TriDelta. I know this is an old thread but I was curious as to how we handle/do alumna initiation and this was nice to find.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:34 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Scandia
Congratulations, Lake! Isn't it great to finally be an initiated sister?

Theta Phi Alpha
Old 12-02-2007, 02:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scandia View Post
Congratulations, Lake! Isn't it great to finally be an initiated sister?

I would hope so! She was initiated over two and a half years ago! LOL

.....Kelly

True and Constant
Old 12-03-2007, 01:03 AM
GreekChat Member

Uh...yeah!! This is a way old thread, but thanks anyway!

It was a long road for me, but I kept busy with my life and I was fortunate that several very wonderful women at the national level of Tri Delta continued to keep in touch with me throughout the process and helped me to meet other Tri Deltas.

These women are amazing, and I'm glad they wanted me as a sister, too.