GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,899
1 members and 1,898 guests
fmanning

Old 02-27-2003, 01:49 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to ladybug1116
If you look at the member info it says that DZOsis registered with the forums in November 2002.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 02-27-2003, 03:26 PM

I totally forgot to watch last night ! Thank heavens it's MTV, so there will be 1,000,000 reruns between now and next week's ep!

Christin
Old 02-27-2003, 03:40 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ladybug1116
If you look at the member info it says that DZOsis registered with the forums in November 2002.
thank you god, there is someone with a voice of reason. i'm very disappointed people are already jumping in and saying that they doubt someone is authentic.
Old 02-27-2003, 03:48 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by ZTAngel
Wouldn't it be a strange world if everyone was perfect? I'm sure every single one of us has done stuff that we're not so proud of. Some of the stuff is probably a lot worse than what is said below. I just feel bad for people on these reality shows. Their dirty laundry gets aired to the whole world by people who have their own demons to battle with.

I understand what you're saying, but I think the individuals considering being part of a reality show need to take things such as this (the possibility of having any and all dirty laundry aired for the world to see) into account before agreeing to be part of the series. But then, of course, M-TV probably wouldn't be able to find anyone to be on the show!
Old 02-27-2003, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by IowaHawkeye
thank you god, there is someone with a voice of reason. i'm very disappointed people are already jumping in and saying that they doubt someone is authentic.
I didn't say that anyone wasn't authentic, i just wondered b/c I know there is a contract.
Old 02-27-2003, 04:37 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally posted by KillarneyRose
I understand what you're saying, but I think the individuals considering being part of a reality show need to take things such as this (the possibility of having any and all dirty laundry aired for the world to see) into account before agreeing to be part of the series. But then, of course, M-TV probably wouldn't be able to find anyone to be on the show!
ZTAngel's post was in reponse to someone who posted a big thing detailing the supposed sex/drug use/other questionable behaviors of certain members of DZO and SXO, since apparently the original poster knew them in real life. I agree with you that anything they do while onscreen is fair game for us to discuss, but I think it's tacky to mention things that happened offscreen, before they started filming. We've all made mistakes, and I think that the ones that are kept in our personal lives -- as opposed to filmed by MTV and screened for the entire nation -- should be kept in our personal lives.

The original poster fortunately deleted the offensive post almost immediately afterwards.
Old 02-27-2003, 05:57 PM

Red face quote

Did anyone else catch the President saying that they like to keep the pledge classes down to 6 in order to keep them in control? That sentence alone should tell you that we are in for a long pledge process!!

~C
Old 02-27-2003, 06:35 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Serenity
Quote:
Originally posted by NOWorNEVER
I think I like the DZO sisters because they don't take junk and it seems like they're going to make pledges work hard to earn a place in their sisterhood.
I only saw bits and pieces because I was watching "Law&Order". I'll have to catch the rerun. But from what I saw, I really like this season so much better. These girls are so different from the SAEPi sisters. I'm loving that. I like the DZO sisters. They seem like a cool group. It should be fun. I'm looking forward to watching the rest of the season.

Nicole...Whoa! What was she thinking!?! I'm glad she got her act (somewhat) together. She made a real effort. That was cool.

I definitely think this thread is going to be HOT as the season rolls along. LOL!!
Old 02-27-2003, 06:36 PM
GreekChat Member

it was a disturbing show

Keeping pledges under control
Pledging something you never want to do again
Demanding "respect" while not acting in a manner to deserve it
A whole attitude of you better prove yourself to me

It seemed more like indentured servitude than sisterhood to me. Yuck. Would never, ever want to be a part of that.
Old 02-27-2003, 07:44 PM
GreekChat Member

Make it a double, sweetie

i don't think anyone has posted this but i just found it on the message forum at television without pity. it's the "the unofficial home of Sorority Life" with recaps of each episode.

www.doublesweetie.com
Old 02-27-2003, 07:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Oh, one warning . Don't look at that site if you don't want to see spoilers such as who pledges!
Old 02-27-2003, 09:49 PM

Send a message via AIM to maggieaxid
In all honesty, I liked what I saw last night. Granted, it doesn't "conform" to what NPC says to do, but I think it shows a lot of what sorority women have to deal with when giving bids. it wasn't like SAEPi where they just gave everyone a bid.
The whole Nicole/legacy issue is a huge issue with lots of local and NPC glos.
I am very interested in what we will see, esp. bc I am originally from buffalo!
Old 02-27-2003, 10:12 PM

Exclamation Thank goodness this is Mtv!

After all my excitement waiting for the show to air last night I came down w/ some funky 12 hour bug around 8:00. My butt was in bed at 9:00. All I wanted to do was watch this show. out: I look foward to Saturday, cause I'll be shocked if it's not reran a billion times that day.

re DZOsis: I saw her on the forums weeks ago. (The main page shows everyone who's on.) If she is a fake, it would take an exceptionly pathetic person to register the name that far in advance. Welcome to the boards! Spill as much as you can!
Old 02-27-2003, 10:12 PM
GreekChat Member

Re: it was a disturbing show

Quote:
Originally posted by almostaDGonce
Keeping pledges under control
Pledging something you never want to do again
Demanding "respect" while not acting in a manner to deserve it
A whole attitude of you better prove yourself to me

It seemed more like indentured servitude than sisterhood to me. Yuck. Would never, ever want to be a part of that.
That's the feeling I got too
Seems a lot like they're more into the power of it than really finding good members.

~and don't worry Chris... you know Mtv, they'll show it again... and again... and again...
Old 02-28-2003, 03:28 AM
Super Moderator

I have to admit I laughed when, at the BBQ, The DZO sis' were talking about the two girls sitting on the stairs of the house next door. Based on info the DZO sis' got from other people, apparently Amy --I think that's her name--TOLD people she wanted to pledge a different sorority and only came to the DZO rush was because the MTV cameras were there. Needless to say, Amy was not invited back to interviews. BUUUUSTED!!