GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Mu Alpha Sinfonia

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,263
0 members and 1,263 guests
No Members online

Old 07-12-2014, 06:59 AM
GreekChat Member

Crest

Hi, Sinfonians!

I'm an SAI and my long time boyfriend is a Sinfonian. He's graduating this upcoming year (2015) and I have been looking for something really meaningful to get him as a present. Phi Mu Alpha is a huge part of who he is so I wanted something he could keep that would remind him of his Brotherhood. I've been looking for quite a while for a fraternity crest/coat of arms that could be displayed on the wall (something etched in wood or glass, preferably). I haven't been fortunate enough to find anything and I'm a little iffy with some of the custom places. Do any of you know where I could find something like this? Has anyone had one made and had a good experience? Any suggestions?

Thanks for your help!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-12-2014, 07:04 PM
GreekChat Member

Hey, TriGreek, and welcome to GreekChat!

My best advice is to check at The Sinfonia Store periodically. In the past, they have had some very nice coat if arms products. There's not much there in that regard right now—though this might be along the lines of what you're looking for—but there's been lots of asking lately as to what kind of products brothers would like to see, so I expect to see more. Since you've got until Spring, it might be worth checking periodically.

Also, you might ask his chapter brothers if they know of a good source, especially if any of them have something like you're looking for.

Finally, one word of advice: Make sure anything you get has the restored coat of arms, not the older version. (For background on what I'm talking about, see here.) This can be tricky, as some places still are using the older version. Even The Sinfonia Store still has items with the older version—I think they're trying to liquidate all of those before getting new products. The wooden shield to which I linked above does have the restored arms.

Good luck!
Old 07-13-2014, 03:31 AM
GreekChat Member

Thank you for your help and quick response! I'll definitely keep those things in mind!
Old 07-13-2014, 09:35 AM
GreekChat Member

If you're crafty, you could print out a copy of the crest and get a picture frame you like, then take the glass, tape the crest behind it and paint the crest with etching cream
Old 07-13-2014, 01:11 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffins&Quills View Post
If you're crafty, you could print out a copy of the crest and get a picture frame you like, then take the glass, tape the crest behind it and paint the crest with etching cream
Picking a nit, I know, but coat of arms (or just arms), not crest, please.