GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,994
0 members and 1,994 guests
No Members online

Old 10-13-2008, 12:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Emory Tri Deltas to start "Fat Talk Free Week"

Article in the Atlanta Journal-Constitution today. I couldn't find it online, just paper. Abi Freeman Program mirrors positive images
writer Helena Olivero holiviero@ajc.com

"The goal is to encourage women of all ages to stop being so critical of their bodies and to stop comparing themselves to other women as well as waifish celebrities."

Delta Delta Delta is expanding a peer program called "Reflections" aimed at preventing eating disorders as well as eliminating everyday fat talk. " Emory is the first Tri Delta chapter to implement the program.

Great article!!
Old 10-13-2008, 12:14 PM
GreekChat Member

I looked at Tri Delta's website to learn more about the "Reflections" program and I think it is just amazing and so important. Way to go Delta Delta Delta!
Old 10-13-2008, 04:13 PM
GreekChat Member

By 'preventing eating disorders', are they also going to talk about the dangers of obesity? Anyone know? This is just as big an issue as anorexia nervosa and bulimia... and should be just as highly emphasized.
Old 10-13-2008, 05:58 PM
GreekChat Member

That's a very valid point. Obesity is actually a much more widespread issue since it affects many more people than anorexia and bulimia combined. From the website though (http://www.bodyimageprogram.org/), the entire program seemed to be about a healthy body image and taking good care of oneself, which is more comprehensive than just "preventing eating disorders."
Old 10-13-2008, 06:09 PM
GreekChat Member

FantASTic,
Please go to the website, www.tridelta.org and click on the Reflections Program. There has been a great deal of research done on the problems with weight management. Reflections focuses on health, not weight or size.
Old 10-13-2008, 11:24 PM
GreekChat Member

The Trideltas at my campus are doing this as well..they are wearing cardboard hearts around their necks that say phrases like "i love my hips" and "my nose is fabulous
"..i think its a cool idea!