GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,456
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, zatylerahvso465
» Online Users: 1,534
2 members and 1,532 guests
MethrenLusia, Pinkmagnolia921

Old 03-17-2004, 09:41 PM
GreekChat Member

Govt investigator

I received this email from a chapter sister yesterday because she knows I work for the state law enforcement agency. I was going to ask at work but I thought I would post this here to get some ideas where I could direct her. They are currently in Louisana but would like to relocate back to GA.

"Hubby is extremely interested in pursuing a career in the government. He has been turned down from the military, FBI and secret service because he is 100% deaf in one ear due to a injury at the age of 3. He has has tried to keep his spirits up and continue on looking. He does not desire to be a beat cop, SWAT, or anything that career that might relate to him being in
that type of the field. He is very intelligent and would like to be behind the scenes.

Any suggestions?? Thanks.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 03-19-2004, 01:35 PM
GreekChat Member

If he wants to be an investigator, there are several government agencies that do investigations - like SEC, FEC, FCC, etc - and he probably wouldn't have to worry about a physical. Of course, I'm in DC, so they are all over here. I have no idea what's in GA.
Old 04-11-2004, 08:47 PM
GreekChat Member

Govt Investigator

Not sure about the physical conditions but one area worth considering is the Political Analyst position for the CIA. He may have to study Arabic or Hindu for pre-quals. If he has a strong Political Science background and is intrigued by studying an area's infrastructure, economy, political background, etc., this might be something worth looking at. ~Boodleboy322