GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Careers & Employment
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,464
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, zmaondarko7769
» Online Users: 2,429
0 members and 2,429 guests
No Members online

Old 04-07-2004, 05:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to chideltjen
what would you do?

Ok I feel like I just screwed myself. (Imagine that... er not. )

My current job isn't what I thought it would be. BUT it's experience with working with clients and in the real world and that's what graphic design employers look for... most of the time. However, in this job... i am not challenged. The jobs are setting type in already established designs and my creativity is running thin. I thought maybe i needed a new career but now I am thinking I just need to get out of this job.

So i went online and did a casual search for graphic design jobs all over the state.

THERE ARE A TON!! Including ones for Meryvn's, Quicksilver, and 24 hour fitness. 2 out of the 3 are in my hometown/bay area. and there a few others in LA and the outskirts of the bay. PERFECT.

Now the problem... I could easily drop this job like a hat if I got another offer. However, I just signed a 6 month least on an apartment in Sacramento. So I am kinda stuck. I REALLY want to better myself but I don't want to break a lease and MOVE AGAIN and have to sell all the furniture I just got to move home with the fam (another thing I don't want to do). But I know if I don't apply, these jobs won't be back any time soon.

What would you do?
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )