GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,446
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, ageldarkz5086
» Online Users: 2,147
2 members and 2,145 guests
3DGator

Old 06-20-2007, 02:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Texas A & M isn't open for expansion at the present time and even if it was, NPC expansion is a very long and difficult process. She would probably be graduated before the chapter even chartered.
Great point. Expansion at some Universitys is very very hard no matter how big or small.

It is not jsut the school, but what is in the picture for any NPC expansion. It would seem to be even harder for an ex-pledge to take on this task.

Remember, some people pledge and then depledge as it was not the right fit for them.

There is no bad NPC GLO, but it does depend on what area how strong they are. But after 4-5 years, then what, still going to be envolved? I would hope so as there are many Alums on GC!

LX Z # 1
Alumni
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 06-21-2007, 04:58 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 33girl View Post
Texas A & M isn't open for expansion at the present time and even if it was, NPC expansion is a very long and difficult process. She would probably be graduated before the chapter even chartered.
oh. thanks for pointing that out; i didn't realize it was all that. i guess i should have though. there's a group of girls trying to found a Chi O chapter at my school and they're being given the supreme run-around. can you explain to me a little bit more about why it's such an issue to bring an NPC sorority to more campuses?
Old 06-21-2007, 05:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilaria Ame View Post
oh. thanks for pointing that out; i didn't realize it was all that. i guess i should have though. there's a group of girls trying to found a Chi O chapter at my school and they're being given the supreme run-around. can you explain to me a little bit more about why it's such an issue to bring an NPC sorority to more campuses?
Rather than explain, I'll direct you here: http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...ht=wishinhopin

It's long but well worth the read. You can see the experience firsthand of trying to introduce a new national sorority. It's a wonderful read so I hope you have the time. I may go back and read it myself actually.

And Jesus speaketh, "do unto others as they did unto you because the bitches deserve it".

Old 06-21-2007, 05:47 PM
GreekChat Member

i read through it....ok, skimmed until i got to significant posts. i guess what i'm wondering isn't as much how expanding an NPC group works as why it's so difficult. i understand the established sororities wouldn't want to just let people establish chapters willy-nilly, but geez. i guess i just come from a different school of thought; i picked my sorority and then my sorority picked me (so to speak). but with NPC it seems like the pnm's just say "ok, i want to be greek!" and either they fit in or they don't. i can't imagine joining an org i wasn't passionate about just because they thought that's where i fit best. but whatever, to each their own. just because i don't get it doesn't mean it's the wrong way.