GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Sigma Sigma

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,426
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Abisha55
» Online Users: 2,360
0 members and 2,360 guests
No Members online

Old 07-17-2002, 04:29 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to phisigbrookie
PR for National Sororities

Our school has a very small Greek system. I want to know if anyone has any suggestions for promoting recruitment and joining a national sorority. It seems on our campus that no one really knows the great benefits to going national. The local sororities have no rules to follow and one in particular seems to be attracting more girls than Panhellenic can. This local is definiely not a better org. than we are, but can basically do whatever they want to get members because they don't have to abide by Panhellenic rules. Help!
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-17-2002, 09:16 PM
GreekChat Member

this might sound kind of dorky, i dont know what the PNMs are like at your school, but maybe one approach would be to pump the benefits of all the alumnae? a lot of girls from my chapter have gotten help and recommendations from fellow phi sigs during their job searches. i know i plan on breaking out the alumnae directory when i start looking next year!

another thing might be to talk about sending girls to convention every summer, and getting to play with other phi sigs from different chapters. plus you could talk about how nationals is always there to provide support in case something goes wrong, whereas locals get kind of screwed if they get in trouble.

we dont really have any locals at my school, so i dont know what it's like to have to actively compete against them, but hopefully this helps?