GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Recruitment Stories

Recruitment Stories This is the forum where you should place posts about your Recruitment experiences. General questions about Recruitment should be posted in the main Recruitment forum.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,694
0 members and 1,694 guests
No Members online

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-11-2015, 01:19 PM
GreekChat Member

Game of Thrones - A barely retro recruitment story

I’ve been a lurker for a long time, and now that I’ve wrapped up my collegiate years, I think that it’s finally time for me to share my recruitment story. Since recruitment is such an emotional roller coaster I thought it’d be appropriate to use my favorite HBO series, the ever-suspenseful, Game of Thrones!

There were a whooping 3 sororities at my school, so they will be named after Daenerys’ dragons: Viserion, Rhaegal, and Drogon.

Recruitment at my school was held a few weeks after the first day of classes. It’s very laid back compared to most schools. Each chapter has their own house, and the schedule of events was set up as follows:

Friday – Info Night
Saturday – House Tours
Sunday – Preference
Monday – Bid Day

We had the opportunity to get invited back to all three houses each day if we weren’t cut. I felt confident going in with a 3.7 GPA, lots of volunteer experience, and the wise advice of all you GCers My only downside is that I was a couple years older than most other PNMs.

I tried my best to keep an open mind, but I went in already hoping for Rhaegal, because I LOVE their philanthropy and I have a personal connection with it.

Last edited by kitekat; 08-11-2015 at 06:30 PM.