GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Greek Life

Greek Life This forum is for various discussion topics regarding greek life. If you are posting a non-greek related message, please do so in one of the General Chat Topic forums.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,022
0 members and 1,022 guests
No Members online

Old 07-25-2019, 05:53 PM
GreekChat Member

I love the GPB rebrand, but I hate it when people make up color names. Ugh!
Old 07-26-2019, 12:02 AM
GreekChat Member

I love almost everything about the new branding, especially the emphasis on True and Constant.

The only element I'm not sold on are the vintage letters in the logo, which I find hard to decipher. Like several others, I saw the unveiling last month, and my first reaction to the letters was that they appear a bit jumbled. I still feel the same.

Last edited by Sciencewoman; 07-26-2019 at 10:41 PM.
Old 07-26-2019, 06:34 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm giving the monogram-like logo time to grow on me - but I love everything else!
Old 07-26-2019, 08:16 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbchio View Post
Chi Omega did a rebranding in 2016 to “Sisters on Purpose”. I have to say I really love everything about it.

I like it a lot better than the previous re-brand ("Flourish").
Old 07-26-2019, 08:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sciencewoman View Post
I love almost everything about the new branding, especially the emphasis on True and Constant.

The only element I'm not sold on are the vintage letters in the logo, which I find hard to decipher. Like several others, I saw the unveiling last month, and my first reaction to the letters was that they appear a bit jumbled. I still feel the same.
Looking at it again, I can get that; perhaps clean, bold letters would have popped better. I think they were trying to go with vintage plus modern (the crescent moon); my one beef is the color is too pale so nothing reads well (which is a flaw in branding in my opinion in general - and is why our website doesn't 'pop' when you visit it and makes it look dated without bold colors; they could have made the 'blush' far more pigmented. I do like the small variations they made for different departments.

And like you, my favorite is True and Constant. Timeless and as I wrote earlier, such an important message for life, not just for sisterhood.
Old 07-26-2019, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VioletsAreBlue View Post
Alpha Delta Pi just unveiled our rebrand during convention - Be the First.

I love it. It fits our history and values beautifully, sounds modern and compelling and builds nicely off of First Finest Forever.
I'm not sold on it yet. I really loved the last rebrand, and yet I somewhat understand the need for modernity. The current rebrand just doesn't do it for me - yet.

Be The First.

I hope it grows on me...
Old 07-27-2019, 10:25 AM
GreekChat Member

Some of the NPHC organizations tend to rebrand every four years, when a new national president takes over. Some presidents have four years to get ready (like AKA, since they have a president-elect), some have six months between election and taking office (Alpha), and some transitions are instant, leaving a really short window of time to launch a new brand identity, if there is to be one.

Along with new slogans and graphics come new service priorities, too, so the brand really is consistent between what is said and what is done.

The big things remain the same, but the spices change.
Old 07-28-2019, 12:56 AM

If I recall correctly, Tri Sigma involved our most recent rebrand in 2016. Empowered. It has grown on me.

Lakers Nation.
Old 07-28-2019, 02:06 PM
GreekChat Member

I like our new re-brand. I do like the monogram of vintage letters and the modern suggestion of the crescent moon. Though, I think the crescent slightly suggests a croissant. LOL I absolutely agree with NYCMS that the blush pink color should have been a touch more bold as the current color doesn't seem to stand out as much as I would prefer. As for the motto, I love the choice of "True and Constant". That slogan really speaks to my heart as a Gamma Phi Beta. Love it.

True and Constant
Old 09-11-2019, 01:58 PM
GreekChat Member

I love AOII's new branding! I think it is absolutely beautiful.

edit: I have also seen that KD had a rebrand, back in 2016? I believe it was. The new logo they chose is pretty interesting (if you have time---watch the youtube video on why they chose it! I found it very interesting.

I love to hear the backstories for the taglines & logos. It is interesting to hear everything that goes into a major rebrand for a greek org.

Last edited by anongreek; 09-11-2019 at 03:37 PM. Reason: added more info
Old 09-11-2019, 02:02 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
I like our new re-brand. I do like the monogram of vintage letters and the modern suggestion of the crescent moon. Though, I think the crescent slightly suggests a croissant. LOL I absolutely agree with NYCMS that the blush pink color should have been a touch more bold as the current color doesn't seem to stand out as much as I would prefer. As for the motto, I love the choice of "True and Constant". That slogan really speaks to my heart as a Gamma Phi Beta. Love it.

Wow!! just looked it up and this is really beautiful!
laughing @ the croissant reference -- but I think the overall look is beautiful! I am a huge fan of pink though, so I could be biased!
Old 09-11-2019, 02:10 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by anongreek View Post
I love AOII's new branding! I think it is absolutely beautiful.

ENOUGH ALREADY.

Took off the "kind and nice" gloves. Why? Because you didn't follow the "dial it back a bit" that I politely offered you. Did this get your attention? You're bringing negative attention on yourself with the posts and clamoring for attention and validation. You're not helping your mission. Step away from the keyboard before anything else happens. That's blunt. Pay attention. I'm trying to help you.

Sigh.

I give up. Done here. Anyone want to bet that she responds to this? Yeah. Okay. Nevermind.
"One of the painful things about our time is that those who feel certainty are stupid, and those with any imagination and understanding are filled with doubt and indecision." Bertrand Russell, The Triumph of Stupidity
Old 09-11-2019, 02:59 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lbchio View Post
Chi Omega did a rebranding in 2016 to “Sisters on Purpose”. I have to say I really love everything about it.
That is beautiful!