GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Recruitment > Sorority Recruitment

Sorority Recruitment Recruitment event and bid day ideas, membership retention, publicity, recruitment policies, etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 1,275
1 members and 1,274 guests
Xidelt

Old 08-03-2021, 02:53 PM
GreekChat Member

New Girl Local Sorority

Hey! I知 Riley I知 a junior and I知 in a local sorority. I知 on here because the Greek life on my campus has been disbanded and national orgs are still able to rush, but I知 not sure what my org should do since we池e local! So I知 here searching for some help and advice as I start my presidency this year.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 08-03-2021, 05:24 PM

If the national groups are still rushing, the locals should too if they normally all rushed together before. If they don稚 it値l be obvious this was all a ruse to get rid of the locals. Reach out to your alumnae for help.
Old 08-03-2021, 06:01 PM
GreekChat Member

If Greek life was disbanded, how are they recruiting?
Old 08-03-2021, 08:15 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdeb View Post
Hey! I知 Riley I知 a junior and I知 in a local sorority. I知 on here because the Greek life on my campus has been disbanded and national orgs are still able to rush, but I知 not sure what my org should do since we池e local! So I知 here searching for some help and advice as I start my presidency this year.
This doesn't make sense at all. Either Greek life was abolished or it wasn't.... at any rate, your answer is with your University Greek Life office.
Old 08-04-2021, 07:29 PM
GreekChat Member

What campus is this?

True and Constant
Old 08-05-2021, 05:22 PM

Send a message via AIM to shadokat Send a message via Yahoo to shadokat
The OP is from Bloomsburg, as there is a local sorority there called Delta Epsilon Beta. To clarify the original posters message, the University has disassociated from all Greek organizations. Three of the national sororities, Delta Phi Epsilon, Tri Sigma and Alpha Sigma Alpha, have all agreed to continue to recognize their chapters at Bloomsburg, and an independent panhellenic is apparently in the works.

Technically, NONE of the organizations are "allowed" to have recruitment on campus. The national sororities named above are being supported by their national organizations to continue operations, including recruitment. All local sororities can make the same decision that was made by the national organizations. You can continue operations. You do so at the peril of the weak student code of conduct and without a national organization to back up your freedom of association.

If I recall, Delta Epsilon Beta actually relinquished their University recognition this spring instead of going to the hearing stage of their disciplinary process over hazing and alcohol issues. I would venture to guess there would be no difference to operations of that chapter, because they have already been unrecognized by the University since March.
Old 08-05-2021, 07:38 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by navane View Post
What campus is this?
http://www.greekchat.com/gcforums/sh...d.php?t=247785