GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > Chapter Operations
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chapter Operations Share plans, ideas, and brainstorm problems related to chapter operations. Topics also include parliamentary procedure, national programs, innovations & etc.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,452
Threads: 115,511
Welcome to our newest member, saphqueen
» Online Users: 1,459
1 members and 1,458 guests
babobygooglet93

Old 11-14-2012, 05:06 PM
GreekChat Member

Snaps board

Hi!

I was wondering if any chapter use a "snap board"? I went to an open house for a fellow sorority on campus and they had a snap board. It was a picture frame with a whole bunch of little notes from the sisters. From what I could tell it was compliments and other nice things that the sisters had to say about each other but I'm not quite sure how to implement it within my own chapter.

Also, if anyone has any tips on how to keep up moral and spirit within the chapter I would appreciate it!

Thanks so much!
Old 11-14-2012, 09:46 PM
GreekChat Member

We had a sisterhood retreat a few weeks ago, and at the beginning we all decorated little brown paper bags. We put our name on them and used foam stickers and markers and it was fun to sit there and decorate them. Then, they were placed in a back room, which was designated the 'quiet room'. We were sleeping in the big open area of the community center and the room was at the other side of the building. A girl left paper, markers, and crayons back there and you could go sit back there and write notes to your sisters to place in their bags. We called them our 'warm fuzzies'. It was nice to pull them out and read what my sisters had to say about me. Some sisters were anonymous, but most signed their names, and every one made me smile. It made me, as a new member, feel like these girls liked me and I belonged. And it was fun to write things to the other girls as well!
Old 11-14-2012, 10:43 PM
GreekChat Member

We do sharing items (they get passed to a new sister each week), and one of the items is a "candy" jar. You take a jar you'd use for candy, but put little positive notes in it to brighten someone's week.
Old 11-15-2012, 06:37 AM
GreekChat Member

In my undergrad chapter, we did "warm & fuzzes" periodically (at retreats, or just as a standalone sisterhood) where each girl got a piece of paper and a couple of markers, wrote her name in the middle, and then we passed them around the circle and everyone wrote an anonymous positive note to the girl whose paper she had, until you had a paper full of love.

We liked doing this so much that once when an alum was in town on a random Friday night, a group of about 5 of us got together and did warm & fuzzies for each other. It was a great way to boost morale and remind each other of each person's awesomeness. I used to hang mine on my mirror for a while to remind myself that I was loved
Old 11-15-2012, 06:47 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigmagirl10 View Post
In my undergrad chapter, we did "warm & fuzzes" periodically (at retreats, or just as a standalone sisterhood) where each girl got a piece of paper and a couple of markers, wrote her name in the middle, and then we passed them around the circle and everyone wrote an anonymous positive note to the girl whose paper she had, until you had a paper full of love.

We liked doing this so much that once when an alum was in town on a random Friday night, a group of about 5 of us got together and did warm & fuzzies for each other. It was a great way to boost morale and remind each other of each person's awesomeness. I used to hang mine on my mirror for a while to remind myself that I was loved
We did this in my chapter as well, except we called it snowballs! (Because you crumpled the paper up and threw it in the middle) I love looking at mine even now, especially when I've had a bad day! It's odd, because although I was in chapter of 17-25, I still can't figure out who wrote a few of them
Old 11-15-2012, 11:41 AM

If your chapter is small enough you could do a Sunshine Jar at meetings - everyone puts in little hello notes, encouragements etc. and you read them at the beginning of the meeting. Beware though, when the chapter gets too large this can take forEVer to get through.

We also elected sister of the week (did something awesome like starred in a university theater production) and boobie of the week (did something silly like forgot she had a face mask on and went to class). Everyone got a little mini-paddle which probably isn't too PC nowadays(you could do mini crowns or stars or ladybugs instead).

Try having a weekly night where everyone gets together to watch Vampire Diaries or whatever is popular right now - make sure that EVERYONE (sisters who live in the house and sisters who don't) is invited.
Old 01-30-2013, 11:39 PM
GreekChat Member

At our chapter meetings we do "Violets" where we give shout-outs to sisters who maybe did well on a recent exam, got into the competitive departments in our university (like the College of Business, etc.), who did something special for the chapter, etc. It's a nice thing we do at the end of the meeting to bring all the business full circle and remind everyone of the fun and the sisterhood and it lets us give informal acknowledgements for sisters. I love it, and it's kind of exploded now that someone introduced us to the idea. You could always do the same with your sorority flower or jewel!