GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Phi > Phi Sigma Sigma
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,445
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, Avalanchejqr
» Online Users: 1,683
0 members and 1,683 guests
No Members online

Old 09-08-2003, 07:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to Snowyangel84
Question Interested in Rushing but have a few questions

[COLOR=indigo][FONT=century gothic]I am interested in rushing a chapter of Phi Sigma Sigma near me when I transfer, however I am a little shaky on my decision. What proceedures would anyone reccommend for getting to know your sisters better? What questions should I ask of them?[COLOR=darkblue]
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 09-08-2003, 07:35 PM
GreekChat Member

I would recommend attending recruitment activities and enjoying the time meeting people. It is important to be yourself! Phi Sig is a great place to be, if it is the right fit for you. So listen, talk and enjoy. As far as questions go... ask whatever you want! There are no bad questions. Its all a learning process. Enjoy and good luck!

BTW - where are you transfering to?
Old 09-09-2003, 04:07 PM
GreekChat Member

Question Question about Recs

How important are rec's to Phi Sig's?
Old 09-09-2003, 04:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Recs are really a function of the greek system that you are trying to join. It really depends on the school.

At some of the southern schools, recs are absolutely critical. The farther up north you go, the less important they seem to be, at least that's been my observation.

If nothing else though, submitting a rec shows the sorority that you're interested and conscientous enough to draw attention to yourself in a positive manner ahead of time. Recs help the women who are rushing from the other side know who you are when you come through, and gives them something concrete to show the other members who did not get to meet you.

So really, it depends on your school, but I don't think a positive rec would ever hurt you!

Good luck, and if you make the decision to rush Phi Sig (which I hope you do!!), keep us posted! (And maybe add your own thread to the "Rush" forum, as GC is full of rush addicts!!
Old 09-09-2003, 04:42 PM
GreekChat Member

How can I find someone to give me a rec? I dont' know of anyone that is involved with Phi Sig or any other sorority for that matter?
Old 09-09-2003, 06:18 PM
GreekChat Member

Many larger cities have alumnae panhellenics that you could get in touch with. I'm sure if you go on the NPC website it'd list em somewhere www.npcwomen.org

Since recs are references usually alum like to at least talk with the potential over the phone if not meet. I know I'd feel pretty bad if I gave a rec for someone I didn't know too well and she ended up not being a quality sister.

So yeah, get in touch with the alumnae panhellenics or even a phi sig alum chapter in your area(or your school's area)
Old 09-10-2003, 10:22 AM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to White_Chocolate
i would email the group or go to their webpage and get in contact with the chapter archon
she will be able to answer any questions
and if you want to meet them, she can direct you to someone to get your schedule
so that she can have a few of the sisters meet you in a more casual atmosphere
Old 09-23-2003, 10:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Just wondering how everything went with your transfer. Did you rush Phi Sigma Sigma? Keep us posted!
Old 09-24-2003, 03:51 PM
GreekChat Member

I was planning to transfer for the spring semester, and I would have been rushing then....but when i talked to the admissions counselors they said it would be better for me to transfer for the fall and have a solid 36 credits under my belt instead of the 26 I would have......so I won't probably be rushing during formal recruitment till the spring of 04'....unless they do an informal one during the fall...but I will keep you all posted as to how my transfer is going and when i get there how my recruitment goes.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:24 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via Yahoo to White_Chocolate
or you could just COB an organization
Old 09-25-2003, 02:03 AM
GreekChat Member

COB an oraganization?? what does that mean?
Old 09-25-2003, 02:08 AM
GreekChat Member

Continuous Open Bid... in other words, you do not go through formal recruitment, but basically "rush" the sorority during a time other than formal recruitment. Typically, it happens all year long except the few weeks of recruitment.