GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Chit Chat The Chit Chat forum is for discussions that do not fit into the forum topics listed below.

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,467
Threads: 115,513
Welcome to our newest member, Bioxtrim
» Online Users: 1,424
1 members and 1,423 guests
oncegreek

Old 07-28-2023, 08:25 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfulgreek View Post
Oh dear God, if I worked midnights at an ER hospital again, my husband would have a cow. That was SO short lived.

Aggie, call me crazy and weird (my coworkers do), but I don’t know why or where the connection comes from or if there is a connection to something else? - but I really, really struggle when I have to put a sick patient down when they come in wearing a cute sweater or a collar with a bell on it. I’m tearing up right now thinking about it. I lose it every time. I’ve gotten better emotionally at euthanizing sick patients, but when there’s cute accessories attached to them, I still have a hard time with that. I have NO idea why that is.
I mostly work day shifts now but will work two to three overnights a month as I get paid really well since it seems no one wants to do them (hmm I wonder why&#128521. I had an elderly man in last night with his schnauzer named Princess Grace-OMG she was the cutest schnauzer -her head was so tiny. She was in for euthanasia as she had a neurological condition and heart disease -euthanizing companions of older people makes me extremely sad as I know they likely won’t get any more pets. Seeing older men crying makes me so sad.
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 07-29-2023, 09:27 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aggieAXO View Post
I mostly work day shifts now but will work two to three overnights a month as I get paid really well since it seems no one wants to do them (hmm I wonder why&#128521. I had an elderly man in last night with his schnauzer named Princess Grace-OMG she was the cutest schnauzer -her head was so tiny. She was in for euthanasia as she had a neurological condition and heart disease -euthanizing companions of older people makes me extremely sad as I know they likely won’t get any more pets. Seeing older men crying makes me so sad.
lol
I worked four 10-hour nights, but I had 3 days off together, which I liked. And it worked so well with my kids schedule. Plus, it saved on daycare which was really expensive. My husband hated it because we didn’t see each other as much and “the bed was too big” without me in it with him lol. So it was a very short lived experience. Now, I’m just a M-F mornings, normal schedule.

I couldn’t. That would make me very sad as well. It’s already hard enough seeing anyone cry in those situations, let alone an older couple where their pet has been a family member for a very long time. I had a younger man where he just would not let his cat go. Her gums were completely white and I had to explain to him that it was time. She had lymphoma.
Trump For Prison 2024-2084 MAGA!
Old 07-29-2023, 03:53 PM
GreekChat Member

Interesting reading a conversation between two veterinarians. The more y’all chat, the more I learn Lol.
Old 08-01-2023, 10:53 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phrozen Sands View Post
Interesting reading a conversation between two veterinarians. The more y’all chat, the more I learn Lol.
No day is the same at our jobs!!
Old 08-01-2023, 11:15 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I believe it. Y’all go through a lot.
Old 08-01-2023, 03:20 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
This!

Today is surgery day and it’s a busy one. Taking 10 minutes to eat something…. and post.
Old 08-05-2023, 06:07 PM

Send a message via ICQ to sigtau305 Send a message via Yahoo to sigtau305 Send a message via Skype™ to sigtau305
Quote:
I’m sure most of us on here like/enjoy what we do for a living. But no job/career is perfect. If you could pick a dislike or dislikes about your job/career that stand out — the thing that makes you dread going in sometimes. What would it be.

Working 10 hours a day at Amazon and only having 2 30 minutes break. 4 days of work is a good thing but there should be an hour-long break to make it easier.

LetEmKnow!!RollTau!!
Old 08-05-2023, 10:33 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
This!

Today is surgery day and it’s a busy one. Taking 10 minutes to eat something…. and post.
I barely got to eat today, came in to work putting out fires left and right! First case I took was a HBC- drunk driver plowed into a house this morning, dog ran off, owner found him and then watched him get ran over😞 much internal bleeding but still alive tonight- will see what tomorrow brings
Night night
Old 08-05-2023, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I barely got to eat today, came in to work putting out fires left and right! First case I took was a HBC- drunk driver plowed into a house this morning, dog ran off, owner found him and then watched him get ran over😞 much internal bleeding but still alive tonight- will see what tomorrow brings
Night night
Oh no! I posted about an HBC I had when I was working in Michigan. They just left him inside the door and told us to help him, then they just left. We tried to save him, but we ended up losing him. I hope your patient makes it. Please keep me posted, Aggie.
Old 08-06-2023, 11:22 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Oh no! I posted about an HBC I had when I was working in Michigan. They just left him inside the door and told us to help him, then they just left. We tried to save him, but we ended up losing him. I hope your patient makes it. Please keep me posted, Aggie.
I came in at 7 am and unfortunately he did not make it. My ABD cat also died. Uggg bad weekend. I am emotionally exhausted. Sorry about your pup😞I am buying megamillion lotto tickets cause I want to retire!
Old 08-07-2023, 10:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
I came in at 7 am and unfortunately he did not make it. My ABD cat also died. Uggg bad weekend. I am emotionally exhausted. Sorry about your pup😞I am buying megamillion lotto tickets cause I want to retire!
I’m really sorry, Aggie. You had such a tough weekend.

Yeah, my HBC patient was about 10 years ago, but at the time, I had a feeling we wouldn’t be able to save him.

Maybe I need to play the lottery too. If I won, I’d only be retiring to get away from the people who come in with their pets lol.
Old 08-08-2023, 03:31 AM
GreekChat Member

What is an “HBC patient”?
Old 08-08-2023, 11:50 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
What is an “HBC patient”?
Hit By Car
Old 08-08-2023, 05:57 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGDee View Post
Hit By Car
I learned something new. Thanks, AGDee.
Old 08-09-2023, 09:37 PM
GreekChat Member

I spent a lot of time at a very busy animal hospital toward the end of my last pup's life and learned way more than I ever wanted to know. They had a lot of emergencies coming in and you just hear stuff. So I learned HBC.