GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > General Chat Topics > Dating & Relationships

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 1,247
2 members and 1,245 guests
PGD-GRAD, Titchou

Old 07-12-2007, 07:45 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to mu_agd
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekyPenguin View Post
My Irregular Choice shoes are some of the most damn uncomfortable shoes I have ever had. But they are so cute.
Old 07-12-2007, 07:56 PM
GreekChat Member

They kinda remind me of foot-bound chinese slippers.
Old 07-12-2007, 08:19 PM
GreekChat Member

I guess if you like them that's what really matters, but doesn't post a pic of something that you have to know other people would dislike and then get all offended when people make an adverse comment on it. You're not a newbie

For the record, I think that they're tacky. Add some puffy paint and we're back in elementary school. Ballet flats would be just as comfortable and much more classy.

Also, wearing tennis shoes, you're going to walk like you're in tennis shoes, instead of holding yourself better like you probably would in dress shoes.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:06 PM
GreekChat Member

1. I'm already an inch taller than my fiance. I cannot wear heels.

2. I've been engaged since Decemer of 2005. I've been casually looking for shoes since then. When I started looking seriously, I still couldnt find any that I liked enough to pay that kind of money for $100 for strappy sandals? I dont think so.

3. I have monster size feet, okay? I need something comfortable, rather than making my feet look like stuffed sausage.

The only reason I posted the thread was in the instance that someone else, might be interested in the same kinds of styles, and I wanted to give the link.

There is absolutely no reason to be catty, ugly, and rude. It IS all about me, and what I'm comfortable with. So you guys have differing opinions. Okay, you've said your piece. Fine, whatever. I'm still trying to figure out why it was necessary to personally attack me, because I have different tastes than the rest of you. Okay, so you dont like them, you wouldnt wear them, big effen deal. Again, is that a reason to attack me? Because omfg my fashion style is different than the rest of you? Please....
Old 07-12-2007, 11:13 PM
GreekChat Member

Are you really that upset by the fact that we just don't like your wedding shoes? You must lead a really simple life.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:17 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanda6035 View Post

2. I've been engaged since Decemer of 2005. I've been casually looking for shoes since then. When I started looking seriously, I still couldnt find any that I liked enough to pay that kind of money for $100 for strappy sandals? I dont think so.

3. I have monster size feet, okay? I need something comfortable, rather than making my feet look like stuffed sausage.

The only reason I posted the thread was in the instance that someone else, might be interested in the same kinds of styles, and I wanted to give the link.

There is absolutely no reason to be catty, ugly, and rude. It IS all about me, and what I'm comfortable with. So you guys have differing opinions. Okay, you've said your piece. Fine, whatever. I'm still trying to figure out why it was necessary to personally attack me, because I have different tastes than the rest of you. Okay, so you dont like them, you wouldnt wear them, big effen deal. Again, is that a reason to attack me? Because omfg my fashion style is different than the rest of you? Please....
Where, exactly, were you personally attacked?
Old 07-12-2007, 11:18 PM
Super Moderator

I'm all about being comfortable on your wedding day. It will show on your face, which will be photographed more than you'd really liked. If you really like the shoes you bought, it's your wedding, so do it. Realize, however, that they will be the topic of many "Amanda's wedding" conversations, like it or not.

My real concern is your feeling about not being taller than your fiance. Maybe you need some time to think a little bit more about "needing" to wear flats the rest of your life.
Old 07-12-2007, 11:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
It IS all about me, and what I'm comfortable with..
Perhaps, but we can still think the shoes are fugly. I can think my wedding day is all about me but if I wear hot pink chucks with skull and crossbones, people can still go "wth was she thinking?" if they want. Besides, if you like them, why does it matter if we don't? You don't need to justify your choices to us.
Go Chi O!
Old 07-12-2007, 11:42 PM
GreekChat Member

Send a message via AIM to Sister Havana
When my little got married, she wore a pair of pink hightop bridal sneakers from Payless. They were really cute and she was comfortable all day.
Old 07-13-2007, 12:07 AM
GreekChat Member

I'm all for high tops! I (should the bf ever get the hint and propose) may even wear the ones I wore to my hs and future college graduation! :-) It's all up to the bride to wear whatever she wants, but that doesn't mean people have to like it. I bet my ma would hate it, but I'd think it really funny.
Go Chi O!
Old 07-13-2007, 12:11 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mu_agd View Post
My Irregular Choice shoes are some of the most damn uncomfortable shoes I have ever had. But they are so cute.
I know! And mine fall apart SO easily, too... they really are cute, though .
Old 07-13-2007, 06:18 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:

1. You can wear heels. There is nothing stopping you. You choose not too.

2. Other, classier options have been given. You searched high and low and this is the best thing you could find? Someone's hot glue gun and bedazzled disaster using $7 worth of Walmart materials?

3. If you buy shoes that fit you they won't look like stuff sausages. Other options, such as ballet flats, have been given. So what if you have big feet? There are tons of shopping options on the internet.

You posted something suggesting other brides wear these, too. No one has personally attacked you. We disagreed with you and voiced an opinion that the shoes were hideous and that you got ripped off. You posted something- if you didn't want opinions on it, then you shouldn't have posted.
Old 07-13-2007, 07:06 AM
GreekChat Member

Why I did not open this thread yesterday?

Quote:

I just wanted to post this info in case any of you were looking for something "different" for your big day.
SITY?

(Scandia, is this you?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTimeSBX View Post
how cute!
Quit lyin'!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuteASAbug View Post
WOW.

Are you doing an 80's themed wedding?
BWAHAHAHAHA!

Quote:
For the record, NO, I'm not having an 80s wedding. The color matches my bridesmaids dresses, thanks. And TWO, if I had tried to do them myself, from lame@$$ walmart, where I refuse to shop because it's TRASH, they would have looked like trash. So yes, I paid $50 for a pair of shoes because I could and I felt like it.
And whitegirl shoes with blue ribbon strings isn't trashy? I would wear something from Walmart any day.

^^^

Can't you tell I'm a procrastinator?
Old 07-13-2007, 07:28 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Ok, so you paid $50 for a pair of Keds, which you'll never wear again.

Good choice.
Old 07-13-2007, 08:17 AM
GreekChat Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaFrog View Post
Ok, so you paid $50 for a pair of Keds, which you'll never wear again.

Good choice.
Ummm... I don't think they're even real Ked's. The $5 Walmart version of Keds, maybe. My mom wears those shoes to do yardwork in.