GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Alpha > Alpha Kappa Alpha

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,417
Threads: 115,510
Welcome to our newest member, DemetraMau
» Online Users: 799
2 members and 797 guests
LarryByday

Old 01-26-2004, 03:30 PM
GreekChat Member

Do you want the keys to his place?

Ladies,

Survey time!!!

1. Do you/Would you desire to have the keys to your man's place or car?

2. What is the value, to you, of having the keys?

3. Would you use them?

SC
Buy GreekChat a Coffee to help support this site, the community and the efforts that go into developing & keeping GC online. ( discuss )
Old 01-26-2004, 03:33 PM
GreekChat Member

This bug-a-boo that I didn't like that gave me the keys to his car. It is of NO importance.

If my boyfriend gave me the keys to his car, I would feel as though he trusts me enough to keep his keys. It would also mean that I would be one of the few people he would call if he had car trouble or something. It's no big deal to me though.
Old 01-26-2004, 04:34 PM
GreekChat Member

keys to his pad means he trusts you to be there when he's not. Generally, that would be good, unless you're not looking for a serious relationship
Old 01-27-2004, 03:13 PM
GreekChat Member

I have had the keys to my boyfriend's apartment at the last two places he lived. There really was no "value" in having them, but I liked that he trusted me enough to come and go as I pleased. I used them all the time because having my own key really made things easier for the two of us. If I had to get up for an early class, I could easily let myself out and not have to wake him up to come lock the door.

Although I had his keys, he has never had a key to my place. The only reason is that I have a roommate and as a female, I wouldn't feel comfortable with her man coming and going as he pleased, so I didn't want to put her in that situation.
Old 01-27-2004, 03:31 PM
GreekChat Member

Back when I was younger, I used to think that exchanging keys was the "thing" to do, but now I feel that if I'm not paying bills up in his place and he's not paying them up in mine there's no need to exchange them. I don't really see having keys to a guys apartment as way to measure his trust for you. If a man leaves you alone in his space for 10 minutes, that's trust. It don't take us from the time he walks from the door to his car to start snooping if we're looking for something. It may be convient (sp?) at times to have the key, but it would be just as easy to meet up ahead of time to get it or leave it underneath the welcome mat for you to use when you get there. I remember dating a guy who lived in another city and he was usually at work whenever I came to visit (depending on the time that I arrived). On those occassions he would leave the house key sticking out of the dirt behind a little bush by his front door. I'll arrive and let myself in until he got home and that worked for me.