GreekChat.com Forums  

Go Back   GreekChat.com Forums > GLO Specific Forums > Beta > Beta Sigma Phi

Register Now for FREE!
Join GreekChat.com, The Fraternity & Sorority Greek Chat Network. To sign up for your FREE account INSTANTLY fill out the form below!

Username: Password: Confirm Password: E-Mail: Confirm E-Mail:

Image Verification
Please enter the six letters or digits that appear in the image opposite.

I agree to forum rules 

» GC Stats
Members: 325,126
Threads: 115,503
Welcome to our newest member, babobygooglet93
» Online Users: 605
0 members and 605 guests
No Members online

Old 10-24-2002, 10:09 PM
GreekChat Member

Talking New Prospective Member

Hi Everyone!

I just wanted to stop in and say hi. I'm not new to Greekchat, but decided to start a new screen name as I start the process of becoming a member of what seems to be a fantastic sisterhood!

Last night I received a call from a Beta Sigma Phi member who has been affiliated with the organization for over 50 years! We had such a fantastic conversation, and she promised to send me a brochure, a copy of The Torch, and and a few other things. She also invited me to her next chapter activity even though I'm significantly younger than the women in her chapter. I don't know if this means I'm officially on my way to possibly becoming a member, but I sure hope so!

A special hello to Erica who has been so helpful in answering all of my private messages (under my old screen name)

Later!

Last edited by BookishBabe; 11-16-2002 at 09:53 PM.
Old 10-25-2002, 09:03 AM
GreekChat Member

I wish you luck. I know that Beta Sigma Phi is a special organization.
Old 10-25-2002, 05:09 PM
Ginger

Congratulations on finding Beta Sigma Phi! There's quite a few of us just beginning the road to membership right now, so remember we're all here for you!
Old 10-26-2002, 08:56 AM
GreekChat Member

Wink (I won't tell...)

Congratulations! You are definitely on your way. The age discrepency (sp?) is common. Many chapters of Beta are made up of middle-aged women or older, but from the way things are going here on Greek Chat, that may be changing I'm glad that you are going to check out the chapter even if the members are older than you. You might find that they offer wonderful friendship and kind support. My dearest friend here (since I moved to the area) is an 80 year-old woman from my church. She is a complete sweetheart!

Also, I've learned a lot about Canadian chapters on International's website. You might want to look around there for info about other chapters in your area as well.

Good luck, and keep in touch!

Erica
Order of the Rose recipient
Old 10-26-2002, 10:24 AM
GreekChat Member

Thanks...and Questions

Thanks for the suggestion, Erica! I've been lurking around the national website and so far, I've only seen information for chapters in Eastern Canada. The Beta member I spoke with the other night said that there are other chapters in my area with women close to my age, but she wasn't completely sure of their meeting dates and times.

I was hoping to do a citywide chapter that could be based at my university. There are some great women in my graduate program who would make fantastic sisters, but I'm not exactly sure how to approach them about starting a chapter... I'm afraid they'd think the whole thing was silly. But I'll jump off that bridge when I come to it -- I don't want to get ahead of myself!